[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Virtual Desert Island Holiday - come join us!

Virtual Desert Island Holiday - come join us!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Virtual Desert Island Holiday - come join us!

Postby anne1206 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi princess, Can I join you for a walk round the island tomorrow?
fed up with my own company now, how bad is that since at home I long for some me time :crazy:
cant be doing the topless sunbathing just a wee bit too old for that malarkey :crazy:
Gosh agree with you entirely about the food it is soooo lovely, and that waiter :clap: well think if we were both twenty years younger it might be a race to see who gets there first :tongueout: :dunno:
see you tonight at 9.30 and with a wee bit luck we will get sight of Gill and Lisa, are you sure there is no other handsome hunks on this island as those two are conspicious by there absence :roll:
wish we could get those purple pills on the NHS at home, but then if we didnt have fibro we couldnt have these kind of holidays so as the old ssaying goes"every cloud has a silver lining" :crazy:
Bye for now see you all later
Anne :hugs: :wave: :wave:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi anne

So will we just start our walk.
We can chat as we go eh
Oh wait a minute i forgot to bring the packed lunch, have you got the sun cream? = NO - ok well lets go and collect our odds and ends and ill meet you back here in 20 mins.
What do you want to drink? Soft or what?
Gosh it will be great to have a wee bit of company, i know we all wanted space but this is rediculas they are dropping like flies with something, and the purple pills are supposed to make us well - allthese visuses on this island i will certainly be having something to say to the maker of these as they cost a fortune.
Anyway im off this way and ill meet you back at the big palm tree in 15 mins ok

Princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Rightyok here we go.
Do you want to walk in the water, or on the sand?
We can have a break 1/2 way round as there is a beautiful small beach, well cove and lets hope we dont see any pirates - only kidding but it is scarey.
Reminds me of Pirates of the Carabean!!!!!
The Black Pearl eh!
Watch your feet on the sharp shells, there are pleny around.
Whats that??????? Di you hear that horn??????? Lets run around the corner and see what it is???
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:59 am

Gosh we got totaly carried away when we heard that horn, :yikes: it was only a boatfu of the most well built handsome hunks on an overnight trip, sorry all you others missed it :tongueout: :tongueout: princess and I had a whale of a time swimming and pretending we were drowning so that they would rescue us :oops: :oops:
we all shared their packed lunch along with ours, but the day and night flew in all too fast :cry:
lucky I packed my old trusty flip flops as the shells are a bit jaggy, :shock: hope the rest of you feel better soon and can join in with us, we will all send emails to the purple pill maker and try for a refund for princess, as the pills dont seem to be working for everyone.
thats me just woke up after my great day yesterday, so ready for another brill time, gosh this holiday is flying in so fast, cant beleive we have been here six days already, so come on make the most of our last two nights and lets party :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap:
See you all in a little while going for a very late fresh fruit breakfast.

Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 am

Sounds like you are having lots of fun on this holiday.

Sorry i could not make it this time, but put me down for the next trip...
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Another day at the beach.
I cant get over the lovely white sand and the beautiful shells.
Its so nice when you sit and watch the sun set over the water - oh i wish my other half was here just now, must say this is very romantic.
Yesterday was such fun, and believe me it was just fun, they were the nicest aussies i have ever met and so friendly, no nonsense just good plain fun.
And the picnic they brought from the boat was just fantastic.
Talk about swimming they were fantastic especially Rob from Melbourne his diving was terrific, although mind you i did get a scare when he didnt come up - all be it he had swam under the boat and was ok.
So what we up to tonight seeing as we have had a lie on the beach all day - and oh my god you should see my tan, its all over!!!!!!

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:40 pm

hay all :wave: :wave: :wave:

ooooooowwww so tired, think i have done bit to much!
well went out on mountain bike bad brill time all over island but then i got lost :shock:
night set in an had to spend the night on the beach. next morn found i was in a fab little cove, so went off for a swim in the lovely warm sea (arrrrgh wot bliss) :D :D

wen got back to my bike it had a flat tyre so i had to walk.
looked everywhere for Anne an princess but you had already gone :(

so back to bike with a sad face i started to push it back to hire place an that nice waiter gave me a hand. he even said he would mend the tyre for me :wink: :wink:

well i am so tired having early night, AMASING wot a good work out can do for you :oops: :oops:

well it will be sand sea sun thong an topless for me for the rest of hols :tongueout:
see you all tomorrow :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am

Entertainment as really great last night,was great to be able to sing a long with songs we all knew rather than the latest stuff which I call "Thump thump music" :crazy:
Theres going to be a lot of envious faces when everybody back home sees the allover tans we al have, :tongueout:
well I am going to be really brave today since its our last day I am going to try the hang gliding, as long as I dont land in the water it will be fine.
sorry you didnt make it Shaz but you can have the front seat next time,
Some of the pictures I have taken are amazing will post them when I learn how :roll:
What a shame you had al those mishaps yesterday Loubie, arent those waiters so nice helping with things outwith their day jobs :clap:
think I will take the easy transport mode after the hang gliding and hire a four wheel drive open top, its got five seats if anyone wants to come.
off now to enjoy the last day see you all ater

Anne :hugs:
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby anne1206 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Well I am home!!!!!! what a buzz, sorry I didnt get to speak to you on the way home Princess :dunno: I slept the entire journey and I know we all felt the same so some of you must have slept too, as I didnt hear a squeak from the entire bus 8)
Back to reality now and the pouring rain.
I am away for real on friday to London on one of those bus tours that include bed breakfast and evening meal :yikes: :yikes: two nights three days with a trip to the capital as well, got all this for £78 as a last minute deal, so hubby is well pleased as The emirates cup is at highbury this weekend and he will get to see his favourite team, (I dont have a clue what the emirates cup is) I have just been informed that his team play PSG on saturday and Arsenal on sunday :dunno:
Pity those purple pills are not for real, but I will just follow all the all the travel advice that has been on the forum for others :D :D
Hubby has had flu since saturday so he should be ok by friday :yikes:
just normal fu thankfully :crazy:

Thanks for a great time everyone on the desert island, and a special thank you to princess for organising it, :clap: :clap: and hope you have come home to better weather than I have.

Take care, Anne
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Sorry i slept all the way home, but as you know i have been feeling quite unwell since i came back - but the one funny thing was that i had the lady Dr in to check me over, she sent for the other lady Dr and then they sent for the Man GP - there was much fussing over me and eventually they decided i had picked up something from holiday - now now dont go thinking its a sexy thing i picked up, it was actually a virus of some kind they thought.
So one week later and im flat and feeling so ill, it endded up a kidney/chest infection so here i am after my lovely holiday and in bed again - these purple pills did work on holiday but not when i came back, but for £20 a whack what an we expect they did do the holiday well.
Anyway off the story again, sorry i ramble, i know what im talking about but noone else does :lol: :lol: I was up for my check up and the receptionist is a nice lady of mature standing, she came over to me in the sitting area and whispered in my ear (can i speak to you privately),, me well i thinking what the hell now!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
But she says quietly we are all wondering where you got the tan, and how did you manage to get it ALL over!!!!!!
I started creasing as well imagine this old buddy asking me such a question.
So i told her i had been to Palm Island with a few friends and that we were able to skinny dip as there were only our group on the island.
She said oh they were taking bets on what instant tan you had used, or tanning clinic.
So when i said no its natural from Palm Island etc., etc., so there you are i am just back and causing problems already.
No well the latest i was down the street today and got some funny looks, it seems word has got out that i have been at a naturist holiday!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: - ah well it takes the heat off some other person till next week when its their turn.
So today i did a naughty and i put out all my holiday towels, and clothes etc., on the line but of course i got a hold of a tiny and i mean tiny bicini and put it out too - wouldnt leave much to the imagination :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hubby said what you up to now, and when he had a look at the washing he said - oh god trust you to do that.
So tomorrow i have got some real raunchy and sexy undies and they are going out on the line right early in the morning.
Well best to give them something to talk about thats true!!! Yes i do own them (holiday undies) well for when i get a holiday!!! :lol: :lol:
think thats enough for now.
And yes i am feeling much better now, can you tell :roll: :roll: :wave: :wave: :wave:
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to General Topics