[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Good news

Good news

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Joo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:30 am

:D Hi Sharon just found this thread :roll: Just wanna add my haporth worth of good wishes for your son and his trip to India. What a fantastic opportunity for him and how proud you must be of him!! :lol: Best of luck to him and all the others who are going.

Now......as far as this going in the suitcase bit is concerned.

1) I can drive off road really well......without crashing I might add!!
2) I can give first aid cos I is kind like that!!
3) I can ride elephants (well I did once when I was about 4 at our local zoo)
4) I can wear really loud colours !!!!
5) I like noisy jewellery !!! (think about it!!!)
6) I am oblong shaped................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with wheels at each corner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pick me, pick me, me me me me me!!!!!!!!! Joo x :roll:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Sharon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:33 am

Update:
My son is doing really well with the fund raising. The local paper did a story on him last week, you would be amazed how many people have phoned and sent cheques. :o Him and his brother are doing a sponsered handcuff tomorrow. They will be handcuffed together for 12 hours and have to go through our local town. :D
My hubbys going with them with a camera.
It should look good 1 in wheelchair handcuffed to 6foot footballer type and 1 on disabled scooter. :lol: :lol:
Good job I'm not going as well, I would be on my crutches. People would think we had been let out from some sort of home :D
(Hate to tell them but that's what it feels like)
Sharon
I would like to use one of my lifelines.
Sharon
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 am

:lol: Wish I could go and watch, sounds like fun to be had!! :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:04 am

Look Joo, your obsession with Handcuffs is well known..... can't you just let go.... oh of course you can't, your cuffed..... oops

Sharon,
he's doing wonderfully, I bet you are really proud of him and his brother. I hope he raises loads of money, I couldn't see my sons being handcuffed together for 12 hours, one, or both of them would escape.
It would be good to see one of the pics of it, we can't put pics on this site but if you have one on your msn space page or aol pictures page, you can put the link on here and we can nosey.
Hope the sun shines on them as they go through town.
Buffy x
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Sharon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi All,
I had problems with the camera.
Managed to save a few photos.
My msn space link is
http://spaces.msn.com/sharonanderson/Pe ... O2_owner=1
I think thats right. :?: :?:
Sharon
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:59 am

Well done to both of your boys for going through with it!
10/10 and a gold star!
Well done Sharon on the photo's.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:28 am

:D Mornin' Sharon, just looked at the photos, bet they had a good laugh doing that (liked the bandage on the wrists idea!) Well done to them and all of you cos fundraising is always a family affair isn't it? Joo x :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Sharon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi All,
another update,
We have raised over £1400 so far. There is still more to come in.
A local charity donated £600 and they are coming to see us tomorrow to see if we want anything else. :D
He won't now be going to Nepal and Tibet for obvious reasons, but they will be staying longer in the mountains and going to a desert (don't know what it's called).
He is doing a day of Tia Chi on Saturday, organised by his teaching assistant at school, to raise more money.
He is going for his prep weekend in Harrow on the Hill on the 29th.
Will let you know how it all goes.
Sharon
Sharon
UKFM Member

good news

Postby crystal24 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:16 pm

hi sharon

that is great news for your son - india of all places - wow.....

I used to play darts and sponsored my grandson who is autistic to go to Disneyland with miles of smiles -local north west charity that takes 50 kids a year to disneyland or eurodisney for a week every august....... I did a 24 hour darts marathon to raise cash to help them and its just a thought why not ask your local darts teams to do similar - you can raise lots and lots and drink and sober up and have a really good time whilst doing something worthwhile....I did two before fibro and everyone i know was willing to help...... worth a try....

good luck raising the money -

gentle hugs

crystal :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
crystal24
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:02 pm

Great news Sharon,
Hugs from
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Sharon » Tue May 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Sharon
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue May 02, 2006 3:16 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 02, 2006 5:52 pm

Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Sharon » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Well he's gone to India this morning.
He was really nervous when we got to the airport (was even sick), but he went off ok.
Me, his dad and his big brother all had a few tears after but we're all ok now.
I can't believe how genorous people have been.
1 shop supplied a wheelchair, free.
Specsavers supplied free glasses and posh prescription mountineering sunglasses.
We also got 10% discount at an army surplus shop.
It's been a lot of hard work, I just hope it will all be worth it.
Sharon
Sharon
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:14 am

*hugs* Sharon,
It's awful letting them go quite so far.....he'll be having the adventures of a lifetime tho and when he comes back it'll keep you all going for months.
Just tick off the days on the calender and then he'll be back with tales of wonder.
Big grins
Buffy
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics