[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - my mount everest

my mount everest

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my mount everest

Postby velvet » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 pm

as it is summer, and i feel ok, the holidays, so the family is around to help, i made the momentous decision to get and on do something totally necessary that is huge and just getting bigger as time goes on and each flare leaves me able to do less than before.

i have decided to gut and blitz my house. as the proverbial packrat i am terrible throwing anything away. OK when i can tidy a room in a couple of hours but obviously the fibro has stopped that. i know that if i get rid of all the unnecessary there will be far far less to tidy and clean and the job of cleaning in future will be so much easier.

i started yesterday in the kitchen - every cupboard and drawer emptied into boxes and the bin, every surface and wall ,inside cupbaords and drawers was thoroughly scrubbed with suger soap (that makes 4 very wet boys and one very wet me but it was enjoyed) then the main surfaces washed down with disinfectant - that started this morning. i am now taking each box and either returning it to the kitchen, binning it (yep more stuff) or preparing it for the one thing that is stopping me developing a nervous tic - namely freecycle. at least i am not throwing useful stuff i am giving it to someone else.

i am absolutely exhausted and hurting all over (no surprise there then lol) but mentally OK - i have geared myself for this prepared to beg borrow and steal spoons all over the place - i am determind to get to the finish and have a house that is for (at least half a day) immaculate by the end of the summer. i have told everyone the reward at the end is a meal out and hopefully a day down at the beach. the completed house is my peak of mount everest - i have it as a target and am prepared to be carried down unconcious so long as i make that peak.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: my mount everest

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm

well done, you are getting there. :clap:
Don't forget to do it slowly, don't want you having a flare.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm

i have firmly told my body it can flare as much as it wants once i finish. i have always been one for challenges and would take things on in my younger day much bigger. i am approaching this the same way - no its not going to be easy no its not going to be comfortable but there is a set finish point. i have always been one to ignore pain - its the total mental absence of energy that always does for me and i am being fierce and unpleasant to my family - not asking but telling them to do it. i am looking at it as one big push to set me up for years to come - it will hopefully remove a major cause of stress for me in putting the house in a condition that i can manage myself without having to get in a state to make others see something needs doing and leave me in a place i can settle and work up from.

from previous years august to the end of october are the months that i can push (i end up thinking about making a start back at working then november arrives lol) so i am going to use them so that when i do crash it will be easier to recover from.

if it is ok with everyone on here i will sort of blog my climb here so i can see i am getting there and if people dont mind get some encouragement too - if the mods or other members think that is too self centered then no worried i will just throw an online fibro friendly champagne party when its finished.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm

hi velvet :wave:

i think that's a brill idea
i am having a new kitchen put in at the mo and finding it very hard as only me here hubby at work
so have to be up an ready real early in the morn :shock:
look forward to reading your posts to see how your getting on :hugs:
take your time though :hugs: all the best
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:58 pm

day something or other - murphys law comes into effect. whilst still trying to put the kitchen back together with helpers all strangely absent (not that it matters as i am the one deciding to keep or throw stuff, and where its all going to live in new places) the washing machine decides to turn into a fountain and proceed to spray dirty water everywhere. whilst i await the coming of the OH to see if he can fix it (no way can i afford an engineer lol) - he had gone round to fix a neighbours squeaky door the housing officer turns up for the inspection i phoned up last week and cancelled - the front and dining rooms are total bomb sites with the rearranging from the kitchen and the kitchen is flooded with the washing machine in the middle of it :shock: anyway the housing officer can see that i am gutting the house so agreed to come back in 4 weeks. hopefully tomorrow will go better with the kitchen finished and the dining room well on its way.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm

OMG what are the chances of that happening :shock: Actually probably quite high, it always seems that if something can go wrong it will, usually when you are inthe middle of another crisis :roll: Hope it's soon done and hubby fixed the washing machine ok ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:42 pm

lol yep its fixed although there was a nasty moment when i first tried it - it started beeping and flashing that the water pressure was insuffcient :shock: however luckily that was due to doofus (ie me) forgetting to turn the water supply back on :roll: - it is now merrily washing away :clap:
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Weldone Velvet for having the guts to get started and even more so for finishing .Enjoy your new clean house and your meal out . :clap: :clap: :clap: motherelle.xx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:32 pm

afraid still only on kitchen but have no fear i will finish
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:04 pm

yaaaay well done for finishing kitchen
sorry about the washer but your kitchen floor must be sparkly clean :D
wish you luck for tmoz
loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:03 pm

well the first major target is accomplished - the kitchen and dining room are complete and functioning again - everything has its new home. i have filled 3 boxes with books to go (very very painful i am a terrible bibleophile lol) and my book shelves are all smart and in order (thats a total first for me i have always put books on shelves in the order in which i have aquired them before. i am taking a break for the rest of the day (except for cooking tea :roll: ) then tomorrow we start on the sitting room :shock: this probably means a certain amount of stuff going back into the dining area temporarily though :( still at least it doesnt mean sugar soaping the walls!
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Well done Velvet. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ruremi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 pm

How is it all going today Velvet?

I have been trying to do a clear out because I have the engineers coming in August to put in a full new central heating system.
Which means the whole house has to be shoved in a corner. :roll: :yikes:

I started in my bedroom as everything gets thrown in there,
then the dining room....which is full of books from when I home educated my son and full of craft stuff
couldn't throw out much from there but it looks organised.
I did try the kitchen same as you empty cupboards clean them out.............
arms hurt so much had to get my daughter to help put the things away again lol.

Anyway I have ....let me count.....OMG 2 weeks on Monday :yikes: I thought it was more than that.

I am sure I can manage 11 rooms in 17 days lol anyone want a holiday in Scotland? (thought not lol)

Keep it up Velvet it will be worth it in the end......so they say....I would just like to see the end haha.

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 pm

quite tired today so have dont less - cleared my computer desk so it only has a computer on it again and made a start on the backlog of paper work. i have come up with a brilliant system for that - put it all in a box, write aug 2009 on the box and put it in the loft. i then solemnly swear to FILE paper work as it comes in so anything from this date forward will be easy to find. as for anything that pops up needing paperwork before the big sort out - i can search through the box (i have a lot of things crossed that there is no paperwork in there i actually need) then in aug 2014 i can get the box out of the loft and burn it :D .

luckily i have 4 kids home for the holidays that can be turned into slave labour - anything within 2 foot of the floor has to be done by them lol. i am also practising pacing carefully - i can use 2 spoons and do 1job myself or i can use 2 spoons yelling at other people and get 2 jobs done.

good luck with your preperation for the new central heating - just make sure you make the engineers tidy up after them
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am

You are doing really well Velvet, well done. :wave:

What is the plan for today?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to General Topics