[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Worried about Swine flu

Worried about Swine flu

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Worried about Swine flu

Postby dollydaydream » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Is anyone else worried about swine flu? Seems it's getting closer and closer to me now. I actually know people who either have it or have had it.

I know this sounds selfish, but I don't think I could cope with this on top of everything else. I have Fibro, Diabetes, a heart condition, psoriasis.........(I could go on)

I actually had to point out at the GP's surgery that there are no handwashing facilities anywhere but the toilets for us patients after we touch door handles and that stupid computer booking-in touch screen. After I complained to 2 seperate doctors, who both agreed with me, alcohol wash pumps appeared. Yay for me, small victory!!!!!

I just worry about this, I worry about girls at the checkout who snivel and sneeze and then pass me my change, I worry about the people who come out of the public loos at the supermarket and don't wash their hands (ew! Why do they do that? Or just rinse their hands under the running water - like it's enough!)......I could become very OCD if I allowed myself....suffice to say I carry a small hand cleaner gel in my handbag.

Am I the only one who is getting really worried about it? What do others do to protect themselves and where do you draw the line between reasonableness and OCD??? :dunno:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Re: Worried about Swine flu

Postby addison4733 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Dolly,

It couldve been me that wrote your post!!!! All the girls at work have a laugh at me for my hand washing mania, (i laugh along but dont let on how serious I am) and you struck a chord when you said it could turn into OCD. I have actually been thinking that if I got swine flu NOW it would be better than later when it is much stronger and more resistant!! :oops: How crazy is that? I worry about peoples hygiene (or lack of it) and my 16yr old daughter now opens doors for me if we are in a public toilet, (she finds it hilarious :D ). I dont want to add OCD to my list of ailments but Im starting to get that way. Anyhoo, with a bit of luck it will be no worse than the usual flu (which I get a jab for each year as I am asthmatic) and I can settle down again. Just wanted to let you know its nice to have someone else thinking the same!!!!! :wave: (hope the waving hand is clean!)
addison4733
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm

I have just got over it, along with my OH who also has fibro.
We had flu symptoms for about 3 days, then started to feel better , i am still a bit weak, but otherwise we have both come through it ok.
I think we caught it during our short break to the New Forrest.
We had Tamiflu, finished it now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:02 pm

I've just had it and while it wasn't fun and I'm still getting over it, it wasn't any worse than a regular virus for me.

I think that while we have to be aware that this is going to affect more people and will put different people at risk of complications, we have to remember that for most people it is a mild illness. I would prepare for it, take sensible precautions, maybe stay away from crowded areas, but otherwise try not to panic - stress will only make you more run down!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics