Hello, I am new here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello, I am new here

Postby Looloo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with FMS last September. At first it was a bitter sweet feeling. Bitter in that I have FMS and sweet that at least I know what is wrong. That alone brought a wellness all of it's own as I was no longer worrying that I might be dieing. However, I now feel very alone. My Dearest husband is so good to me but doesn't fully understand how I feel, and I am not the greatest at letting people know. I expect them to be telepathic - my fault I know. I have regular small flare ups in various parts of my body including IBS which can hit me with the runs for up to 4 weeks. My most severe flare up is the chest pain, which has resulted in surgery to remove my gall bladder 15 years ago, the pains returned 6 months later. Endiscopes x 3 the third without anisthetic as my veins are hard to find. To be diagnosed with Hiatus hernia and reflux, the medication for this keeps it in control apart from the flare ups. I have just had my first severe flare up where I haven't gone into hospital and have controlled the pain with paracetamol and codeine every four hours for 36 hours and then easing off to three doses a day. I feel so exhausted and so down because no-one really understands and I dont want to bore people. I am normally very chirpy and happy and will be again soon, I just needed your shoulder. I am going to read all the posts and maybe will feel part of you very soon. Thanks for listening. :?
A voice said unto me 'smile and be happy'
things could be worse'. So I smiled and was happy. And behold, things did get worse! lol Looloo
Looloo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 pm

:D Hey there Looloo, sounds like there may be a smile lurking round there somewhere?!! :wink: C'mon girl, lets kick this fibro into touch and enjoy the good company on here, cos we all know that its a safe place to be where we are all going thru the same thing at the same time. I hope the doctors can start to recommend happy pills soon cos thats the best cure for what we all have!! :lol: Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby andicg » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:02 am

Hi
I noticed in your posting that you mentioned chest pain, I too suffer with spasmodic chest pain, well I get pain in my chest and back, between the shoulder blades, is this due to fibro??
I feel that I go to the doctors too often and I don't like to be a nuisance, I think my gp now knows what fibro is, but not probably enough....
I am also on amitriptyline to help me sleep at night, I feel my life is a mess.
Andi
andicg
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:00 pm

:( cor Andi, you made me feel sad there mate!!! C'mon........life isn't awful....it's just pain, thats all :D If you treat all your aches and pains with contempt, like you would if you really disliked someone and tell it to 'sod off!' you'll get a better handle on life. Get out there and live it, one day at a time is fine, a minute if you like, whatever you can deal with is fine, but don't let the bagger beat you mate!!!! Hard at times....REALLY hard but the more you smile at it, the easier it is to laugh it in the face and say....'nope, you ain't gonna win, you might make me hurt but theres more to life than pain and I'm gonna do it' I am my own worst enemy at times but when I hear peeps in so much drudgery on sites like this I just want to let them see the beauty they have at their fingertips, enjoy life, only one guys....each!! What you have is yours, make the bestest life of it you can. Someone somewhere wants your life, cos it's better than theirs. I'm preaching again....huge apologies but I want to get it off my chest!!!! I really do care you know :wink: Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi LooLoo,Welcome to the boards.Like you have said at least now you know what you are dealing with which can be a blessing sometimes,just to know what it is that we have.
Joo,I love your positive attitude,it always brings a smile to my face when I read your posts :)
Take Care
Rita xx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby andicg » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi Joo
Thanks for your reply, I do feel better knowing there is somebody out there I can talk to..I was just feeling sorry for myself.
I have read many of the topics on this forum and know I don't suffer as much as others, I do have my off days but who doesn't!!!
Thanks again and I will keep in touch with you all.
Andi
andicg
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:58 pm

:D Thanks Rita, I'm terrible really, bossy more like!! But I've been thru a lot, not just fibro and it's associated 'friends' and still hanging in there so I'm the lucky one in life and I just want to scoop everyone up and mother them!! Some mother eh?!! Ha ha ha!! Trouble is I've found that no one will help you more than you can help yourself. If you're moaning, you'll get that mirrored back at you, so by smiling and making peeps smile I have managed to get thru most things, some of them horrendous. I just want to make you all smile and forget your pain and to realise how lucky that its ONLY fibro, IBS, arthritis, etc, etc.... WE ARE NOT DEAD YET!!!!! C'mon guys, lets all get together and start to help ourselves with all these aches and pains, the web and this forum is a good place to start I reckon? Who's up for that eh? Joo x :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:01 pm

:lol: Hi again Andi, we all have 'off days' mate, but it won't take long to smile if you can. Just imagine yourself doing something wonderful....with someone wonderful....and that ole smile will bring those endorphins right up where they will help to get a warm glow and raise a smile or two......or three?!!!! Steady on there!!!!!! :lol: :? :wink: Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi Joo,I think you are wonderful :D
The way I look at things is there is always someone worse off than myself and things could be worse. :)
Take Care
Rita xx :)
Rita56
UKFM Member

Thanks

Postby Looloo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

thanks for your comments, I don't care if they are telling me off, (although I know you arnt) or being nice, so long as it is constructive. I am so fed up of trying to explain to everyone, and you know by the blank expression that they don't understand. It is so good to be here. I am still working although I have had to change my hours and will soon go part time as it is too much. I have taken up another allotment with my sister who suffers similarly but is not diagnosed. This gets me out of the house into the fresh air. We do all the digging and so on but in what we call baby steps i.e. 5 mins on and 20 off nattering!! and waiting for pain to ease. Some days we cant do anything but it doesn't matter. Some of the men have taken us under thier wing and help in small ways. To Andi, yes my chest pain is my worst and if someone offered me arsenic when it is at its worst, I think I would take it. But pain is like that, when it's over you know you can survive the next bout. I am here, I am happy and yes, I know there is a lot worse sufferes than me out there, But it really doesn't help when you are in pain, we just have to come through and pass on the good to others. I think he chose us to suffer so we can help others. That my theory and it keeps me going. Thanks all.
A voice said unto me 'smile and be happy'
things could be worse'. So I smiled and was happy. And behold, things did get worse! lol Looloo
Looloo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:01 pm

:D Hi guys, me again.....yes the proverbial pain!!!! :roll: Yup, pain is certainly a way to understand others and whoever it is that chose we get it must like us a lot cos BOY!!!! it certainly smacks you right in it doesn't it? :lol: :lol: So........I've managed over the last few years to get my head set in smile mode and I know that my hubby and daughter appreciate the fact that I have dealt with my life in that way, it's certainly made two pessimists (them!) treat me with a smile too....the old adage, give what you wish to receive has certainly worked for me. 90% of people that I have contact with havent a clue about fibro/CFS and I've given up even trying to describe it to them unless they REALLY ask. I felt like the majority of peeps on here for many years, I was working hard and had a constant supply of anti depressants and pain killers on my workbench to get me thru. I just HAD to finish work in the end and it upset me greatly, even more so that I had built up a framing workshop that was successful, (I was also teaching adult education, running a home and looking after 2 elderly parents etc) I had also taught my friend who owned the craft shop to frame and then the 'friend' just packed up my stuff and didn't even say 'sorry you're so ill and have to leave us...thanks' nope, not nuffink!!!! 3 years of work up the shoot, a real kick in the butt. I remember having to collect my stuff after the shop was closed in the pouring rain and the door being shut on me. Aren't peeps wonderful? So, don't like to moan but there's been an horrendous amount of poo happened since then that I won't mention but suffice to say Life Experience's from this here person are many and not of her own making!!!! Anyway, thru it all I've realised that I'm soooooooo happy to be on this planet and I just want others to realise how lucky they are too. C'mon guys, celebrate it and be positive about those little things that make your life good. I'll shuttup and be off now :!: Sorry, the IBS has become verbal diahorrea :lol: :shock: :lol: Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

hi

Postby sally » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:20 am

hi joo are u a christian, its your sense that life is good, and alot betta than
alot. i am a christian, and without the church i dont no where i would be.
its our church family working 4 god that has helped me through so much.
they dont judge
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

hi

Postby sally » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:12 am

hi again joo
prayer helps me 2. but your attitude and responses are brill,
u let people on the site no how caring u r, but u have a brilliant
way and let people no there r alot worse things than fibro and live your
life to the full. and i find that being a christian, gives me the same thoughts that there are people so much worse we have to 2 the best we can. i dont want people 2 think im cranky because i love the lord
he is my saviour and he has got undying love for us all if we take it .
but everybody has there own views and beliefs.
joo u make such a difference on this site thanx take care sally :oops:
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:09 pm

:D Sally, you're a very sweet person. Thank you for saying those things, made me feel good, I guess what you said is proof to peeps that what you give, you get back. No mate, I don't class myself as anything religion-wise, my parents were religious but I didn't really get involved as I have found my 'faith' in being first and foremost, true to myself. Age helps you to become more relaxed about life and experience puts lines where smooth skin was!!! I just like my lines to be laughter lines and not crows feet!!!! I just got fed up with -dare I say - 'professional sickies'!! :shock: Peeps who just try to out-do each other with bad health!!!! I have a rebelious attitude, it makes me want to do the opposite to what peeps expect!! And by smiling and being helpful, the grumpiest peeps can be made to smile too!!! What a change!! Some peeps just want to be miserable I guess, but I leave them to their own devices and hang around with peeps who try to make the best of what they have. I think that by showing peeps you can smile whilst in pain makes them believe that they can too, cos it actually takes some of the pain away when you smile!!!! And I HATE PILLS!!!!!!!!! :roll: Here I go again......soapbox time guys!!!! Better go before the site runs out of space!!!!!! :lol: Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

Joo's comments

Postby andicg » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi everyone
I think you are a breath of fresh air Joo, you don't appear to get down at all.....
I have just finished 5 hours of work this morning, I work in our local shop and am there to open up and sort out newspapers and magazines etc...they weigh a ton sometimes and I am constantly bending and stretching, but I enjoy meeting new faces all the time so I endure the pain I am in especially as I am stood for all the time I am there...so I have just had some dinner and then I will be taking the kids out for a walk. I was told that exercise is supposedly good for you, but I feel absolutely drained, and I know if I sit down to read my paper I will start to nod off, so its best to keep moving. I also am on HRT which means I have to do alot of walking, classed as pounding exercise to deter the onset of osteoporosis, its a catch 22, I feel worse after exercise but I need to do it as I have also put on alot of weight too. My kids need constant attention too, they are at playschool in a morning but I have them in an afternoon, although my Mum is on hand too. Nobody in my family really knows what I feel, they read the leaflets I got from the hospital from the rheumatologist, but thats it,...(I am also double jointed which apparently doesn't go well with fibro....) :?
Right thats todays moan over with, Sorry....
Will stop now, does any body know of a web site that lists support groups for different areas??
Andi
andicg
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics