I am new to this site

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am new to this site

Postby andicg » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:55 am

Hi everyone
I was finally diagnosed after 20 years with fibro. I was told initially 20years ago I had fibrositis but it was never explained to me, I was just told to change my job, as I then worked with computers day in day out. But it didn't help, I have injections in my wrist, elbow and shoulders but they were no help, I have been to a pain clinic, hydro pool and even tried acupuncture...a chiropractor left me feeling worse...I live for my pain killers. I have 2 young children work part time and have bad flare ups, but I persevere with everything because I don't think anybody fully understands what I am going through. I was so glad I found this website as it helps to know there are people out there who know exactly how I feel. I will definately keep in touch. Thanks for listening to me moan.... :) Andicg
andicg
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi Andicg,Welcome to the boards.Its true that not many people understand just what we are going through,proberbly because on the outside we look so well.
I have found so much understanding and information on this website.Its good to be with others who do understand.
Take Care
Rita xx :)
Rita56
UKFM Member

Chest Pain

Postby Looloo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi Andi,

Yes My chest pain is my worst although I suffer with pain in my feet, legs, hands, hips, back and shoulders. I first suffered with this in 1989 and was diagnosed with gall stones (which I did have) after surgery to remove the gall bladder, the same pain returned. This is very severe and the only thing that really help is injections of pethadine which I had in hospital. My doctor has prescribed Amytriptaline and paracetamol and codiene. I can only take 2 paracetamol but can take up to 4 codeine when the pain is really bad. It does work but I am out of it for however long it takes to ease which can be 3-7 days. I then drop the dose of codeine and ease back on them as the pain eases. I then have to treat the constipation which comes with taking codeine. My hands are also badly affected and I struggle to pick things up on bad days. My Hips and legs get bad and I cannot walk far. But there doesn't seem to be any help out there. I have asked but my doctor doesn't seem to know what to do. Hope I haven't put you further into depression but talking is so good, and it can often explain things that we haven't alway thought about. Take care.
A voice said unto me 'smile and be happy'
things could be worse'. So I smiled and was happy. And behold, things did get worse! lol Looloo
Looloo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi Andi
just to say thinking of you..
I suffer from pain in my hips, back, arms, wrists, Knees, but each day is different and ive learnt to cope as best as i can.....my docor isnt much help but im back to see the consultant next month so fingers crossed .. i tried amytriptaline but it gave me awful headaches so gave up on that one..
thinking of you
xx
Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics