[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - an explaination of my brief absence.

an explaination of my brief absence.

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

an explaination of my brief absence.

Postby velvet » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 pm

not sure if anyone noticed i have not been around since last week. i was (am and will be) paying the price for deciding to de clutter my house. coming down the stairs last wednesday i slipped on the second from bottom, then stood on the stuff all the accident people tell you not to leave on the bottom stair cause its dangerous - and broke my leg.

ok partially dislocated my ankle and broke my leg in 3 places :oops:

i have been in hospital since waiting for the swelling to go down so they could pin it which they did yesterday and i got released today. i am not allowed to weight bear for 6 weeks (oh the joy of crutches with fibro) and will be only partially weight bearing after that - i could be unable to drive for 16 weeks :shock:

the only really scarey bit to this is that it has not changed my pain levels at all - the break itself was a bad fibro pain day and this morning the pain from the surgery which has since eased was a very bad fibro pain day. i have done this whole thing on gas and air (and face it you dont need to be in pain to suck that if offered lol) and nothing stronger than co-codamol with most of the time paracetomal - in other words my usual medication regime. (i have left a trail of nurses doctors and other patients looking at me in amazement - apparently most people are crippled by pain when they do this :roll: )

anyway my apologies for my absence i should now return to normal attendance - or even more than normal attendance as i am stuck on crutches or using a wheelchair.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: an explaination of my brief absence.

Postby dollydaydream » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Aw hunnie that's awful. Sending you a big hug and hoping those 16 weeks pass quickly. Hopefully you will at least be OK then for the Xmas and New Year.

Rest up and save your strength. I got wa wheelchair for my FM. Would that sort of thing be of any use to you now, instead of crutches? Might be worth ringing your GO and asking for a referral to the Wheelchair Assessment Service in your local OT dept?
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby ellen b » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
:hugs:
Ellen
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 am

cheers sarah - i am more embarrased than anything - what a stupid thing to do. my other half has actually picked up a wheelchair from a local charity shop so i am sorted as far as transport goes - i was actually issueing instructions on my first day in hospital when i realised how bad it was - i thought i would go in get plastered and come home but oh no i had to be sillier than that.

hopefully my sense of humor will bring me through - although i did cry for 20 minutes the first day when they told me they werent operating till the swelling went down and i realised i was going to be stuck there for a while.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 am

ow poor you!!!
hope you don't hurt to much
big big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
hey you can still give orders to the kids to get your big clean up done :D
loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:08 am

What an awful week for you, at least with your leg pinned no-ones going to stare at you in the wheelchair. Strange about not feeling the pain but we put up with so much pain all the time a bit more probably doesn't matter.
As I tell my OH de-cluttering is bad for your health. :lol:
:hugs: take care (bit late for that)
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 am

i swear i am never going to tidy up again - i never ended up in hospital being untidy
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 am

Major Bummer, sorry to hear it.

:hugs:

Intresting in what you said about the leg braking pain not being worse than fibro pain. Keep us posted.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:13 am

Hugs :hugs: :( So sorry you have had a bad time of it ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am

Big hugs velvet,and the moral of this story is, "just dont de-clutter or tidy" (I wish) you poor thing, just as Mr A says its interesting that such a major break didnt increase you pain level, and yet some of us have been told we dont have a high tolerance level for pain :roll:

Thank goodness for computers eh, at least that will give you something to while away your recovery time.

Take care, Anne
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :grouphug:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

i find the pain thing fascinating - i mean i now have a benchmark for how much pain i am in - the benchmark being a badly broken bone - but who is going to believe me? i am pretty sure that if it wasnt for the really obvious visable signs of the break that to start with medical staff would have thought i was exaggerating about it being a break.

it is really weird for me to have to think ok this pain i have is the equivilant of a "normal" persons broken leg pain because i dont really let the pain stop me it is the exhaustion and muddle that bothers me.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:54 pm

we do have a high pain threshold
i had a lot of back pain and for two years my physio kept saying that no op will do you any good an that i just had to carry on an do the exercises :shock: i knew i could not do them :(
in the end they did send me for a scan but only because my mom had been diagnosed with a brain tumour that could travel down the spine
my mom was very worried that mite have been my problem so i told the physio and hay presto sent for a scan
anyway it terned out i had a disc out
got me in for op within the month
my physio said to me on the phone wen the results of the scan came back "you have a very high pain threshold that is why it was not picked up"i was gob smacked!!!!
it has left me with nerve damage so do still get the pain
but its not all the time as it was before
but ended up with fibro so pain pain pain pain pain pain...........................
but as you say its not so much the pain it is wen my head is all fuzzy and so tired that is wen find it hard the pain not nice but can cope if head is clear

hope you ok today just shout your orders out to the kids lolz

big :hugs:

loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Aww velvet you poor thing big :hugs:

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby cariad » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Thinking of you. Look after yourself :hugs:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:56 pm

you poor soul :hugs: take care xx
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics