[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just had to say that..........

Just had to say that..........

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just had to say that..........

Postby rosie66 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:11 am

As i have said before i love this forum although i don't use it as much as some of you,i am generally on the games,i surpose the reason for that is because even though i have the pain,i feel that i am not so bad as some of you,and therefore i can't join in some of your posts, :? i think that i am feeling a bit sorry for myself to-day, :( i don't know anyone personally who has fm,and the support group i was hoping to go to,is at a time when i can't go.
i don't have any friends as they have died or moved away :needhug: lol, i lack female company,surrounded by men, arhhhhh bless, i hear you say :hugs: so its nice to able to come here on this site, and have a mooched and read the posts + i was hoping to back to work,i went Monday, but suffered later,so i never went yesterday and to-day i feel better and feeling that i can tackle anything, i have 2 jobs really, i work for myself and the other involves school,and they are back next week,and that worries me more, think i have said enough,once i get going i could talk for ever,thanks for listening xx
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Re: Just had to say that..........

Postby unigirl1981 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am

hi, first off odnt feel like you ar enot "ill enough" to join in on here. everyone has their own experience of fibro and when you are feeling bad, its still bad. fibro affects everyone is many different ways and noone is inferior to any one else on here.

is there another support group near by? a lot of fmauk support groups also have support phone lines where you can call and chat about how you feel, does yours offer this???

i know what you mean about noone near you with fibro, i was the smae and it is isolating. its also really hard to keep friends when you have this illness so i do know how you feel. it seemed like a mass migration of "friends"when i got diagnosed lol!

you are always welcome on here and maybe you could find other forums too? i go on one that is diffeernt and you get different things out of different forums so that might be an option???

Take care

Mel
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am

Sorry to hear about that rosie. :hugs:

Is there another group in the area?

It does help to come on here and talk, it helps to release your worries.

You know we are all here to offer our help and support to you.

You should go back to see your GP, there might be a pain course in your area for you to go on, that way you will meet other people in your area with fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie66 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:15 am

Thank mel and shazq,you have both come up with suggestions that i never thought of, i am going back to the Dr's on Monday, i need some more Amitr,can't sleep without them, before i knew i had fibro i just put the pain down to arthritis, but i noticed at work that i was being ignored and talked about, but i failed to notice that it was my fault because i never joined in,i never felt like joining in cos i hurt all the time,know i know i will tell them when i go back to school,i will look up other sites,thanks xx :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

Good luck rosie, keep us updated. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby miajane » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 am

:hugs: for Rosie,
I don't think it matters how bad you are affected with this illness it's horrible enough having to deal with it in any shape or form. :cry:
You have you're own difficulties to face Rosie which are just as bad as anyone else's on here, I can't work but you are trying to continue and that must be so difficult for you when you have no idea how you are feeling one day to the next.
This forum is great purely because of the different people who post here, together we have so much to offer each other.
Unlike all the other people I know, you and everyone on this forum understand this illness and how it effects all aspects of your life and I for one would miss your posts. :hugs: :hugs:
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Everyone is welcome to join in anywhere... never feel you can't post because others are worse off :hugs: We are all different and coping with different problems.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Please post or if you dont feel like it just lurk!
You are most welcome, its a good forum and it has been a life saver for me as for others, it stops you feeling so isolated and unwell.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby rosie66 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm

:wave: i have had a look on other sites but they are not like this one,i came off them to be honest :hugs:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:14 pm

hi rosie
you sound a bit like me, i don't know anyone who has fm and to be truthful had never heard of it until i became very ill myself and trawled the net and came up with fm before my GP did
have only been dx for 2 months

i do have my family but no friends as in good friend, she passed away just 2 months after i lost my mom :cry:

i have been off work 4 months an do miss it very much, after a bit more physio i am hoping to go back
although i do have a lot of pain stiffness and bad heads i can still get about ok most of the time

i don't have a support group by me there is a phone number but have not called
have also been on other forums just looked around them but they not like this one :crazy:

so I'm afraid this one is stuck with me :tongueout: :lol:
and i hope with you too :hugs: :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 pm

rosie please dont feel that your alone in all this. anytime join in with comversations on here. it may not have to be about fm. like sometimes someone will ask if theyve tried physio, or tiger balm, or if theyve been to etc etc and also if you have any hobbies talk about that etc.

a forum should nt just be about what it is headed ie fm. it is for fun and gossip as well. so just join in . if some one is asking for help on fm and you havent had that particular sypton yet. but you of someone hwo may have or you have seen bits on casualty on tv or something that helped. just offer and say. well i saw on tv that they treied ???????? if your not sure if it will help just say. that if you go to your gp, cab, physio it may help.

as often i have found if i have been in a panic about something it has often been people who havent had what ive had that offer a solution ie say maybe you need to talk your doctor that just helps as it make syou know that there is someone on here that cares.

sometimes it is just that reply that makes you feel better.

if this makes sense then god help you. my minds racing but im not typing what im meening to say.

lolxxxxxxx :oops:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 am

Another thing to remember for all of you who maybe feel they aren't as bad as others... the ones who are really bad don't just want to talk amongst themselves, they're glad of the company. I know we have a few who can't get out or have times when they are stuck home alone, and I'm sure they'd be glad of a chat with anyone.

This forum is also about making friends and having someone to talk to or share your problems with as well as FM and it's problems.

Me? I'll talk to anyone... I talk to Lisa don't I :D :D :lol: (that's me in trouble then :roll: )
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby rosie66 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Thank you so much to everyone that replied,i think thats just what i wanted to hear, and thank you to the camel and goat,that did make me laugh, :wave:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Gosh here is that camel reference again - LISA!!!!!!
enough dont make me mad, you wont like me when im mad - after all i do have Transilvanian ancestory dont i?
princess :lol: :lol:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby rosie66 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Well it was back to school to-day,so now i am back to normal,also i went back to the Dr's,he has upt the Amitriptyline, he is looking into fibro and was very interested in what i had to say,also mentioned yous on here,and how different we all are,the Dr's where i go are all very good,good listeners and my Dr has all the time in the world for you,i wasn't offered anything, as some of you know i'm not so bad.
As for work that was fine, but it will be later when i will feel it, just thought i would let you know,Rosie xx :hugs:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics