[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Joo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 pm

I should have gone to bed for a rest at 2pm but ended up washing clothes for the weekend and sitting gabbing on here!! S'pose that counts as a rest? May be off to Chester tonight so have to endure 3 hours in the back of the car!! :( Never mind, it beats driving for that long!!! Anyone going to the NEC Hobbycrafts show on Saturday? Gotta go, raining again and washing needs grabbing...........Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:09 pm

Hello all,
Good to know im not the only mad one in the forum, Ive just got my first appointment for my fibro assesment and to see the physio, can anyone tell me how bad its going to hurt????? Im fortunatly still working (Im manager of a charity shop) now I have holiday to come would it be advisable to take that week off? lol Im a bit of a coward as well, Its funny but after I was diagnosed (about 8 weeks ago) I just thought I was either mad or a bit thick, but now I have a good excuse ha!ha! but on a serious note I have had problems for going on 5 years with my legs first which I was given water tablets didnt do anything for the pain but I could wee for britain, so after years of xrays test after test even an MRI yuk I was sent to the rhemmy who said it was fibro, the tender spots still hurt after the prodding, its funny when you are diagnosed its a relief ( If they had told me it was cancer i would have probably have cried)
Thanks for listening
Wendy
wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:00 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:07 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:49 pm

wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:58 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:00 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:32 pm

wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:01 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:03 pm

lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:32 pm

:D Hi Lyndy and Wendy, you two have raised a smile from me, what a pair you are!!!! I think it's great that you're both still working, must be very difficult for you tho and I reckon you deserve those saturdays in bed Lyndy but isn't it a shame that you and all the working peeps on here can't reward all your hard work with a lovely day out?!! B****y fibro eh?!! Anyway, glad to see you're both of the 'up' mood variety, lets keep whinging with a smile, SOOOOOOOOO much better for the soul I reckon!! :wink: :lol: Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey Lyndy and Joo,
Ive written a post already today to you Joo, Im sure you will find it at some time, But you are one of the ones who inspire me to write, also Boo, you two have a brill rapport, and Lyndy I really admire you to work in school one with Fibro and two with horrid kids ahhhhhhh! I worked many years ago as a classroom assistant(not as clever as you) oh my god some of the language the kids came out with id never even heard myself, I was actually quite scared sometimes, I have two boys now 21 and 16 I would kill em if they had behaved like that. Its funny but the school I worked at has now closed down because of osted It got the worst report in England!!!
You said you make a list to go shopping, do you know I do too but I forget to take the list, sometimes its good to blame all these things on the Fibro, but I was a bit dippy before!
Keep smiling girls even when it hurts
Love Wendy
wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:06 pm

I either blame the fibro or premature dementia - actually there's not much difference some days. I am lucky -my school is one of the better ones. I couldn't work now with some of the kids I used to. I certainly couldn't do it if I didn't get the holidays we do. Plus I love my job so intend to carry on as long as I possibly can - not sure how long that will be with the escalation of the pain and difficulties with movement I am experiencing.

Still I have two weeks away from work and am meeting up with some online friends this weekend in Oxford.

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? I have met so many great people through the internet- and now I'm getting to know some more.
I really need to browse around some other threads though now.
lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby flowersk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:04 pm

I enjoyed reading all these meassages. I was prompted to read further because I, too, am unused to using th forum-type thingys. I have had so much support just by reading what people have to say, and I only joined a week ago. Thabnks to you all.
Kath
flowersk
UKFM Member

Postby flowersk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:06 pm

I can understand exactly what oyu are saying, Lyndi, because I am a teacher, too, and it can be excrutiating to use that whiteboard AND wipe it clean after use. You made me smile.....thanks.... Kath
flowersk
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics