[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Tower Cafe

The Tower Cafe

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: The Tower Cafe

Postby princess » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Sometimes Chocolate talks to me too - Especially Cadbury's chocolate of any kind - yummy
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 pm

And there is me thinking that i was the only one, i have cake/sweets/choco bars SHOUTING at me every day. hehehe
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Its been so quiet here today that i managed to make some cards - thank goodness i dont have to make any more Christmas Cards, im sick to the back teeth of them to be honest. But oh well it keeps me out of mischief - you can believe that if you want (she says winking) hahah
So where is everyone, out Christmas shopping.
The only people i have had in were the Army cadets for coffee, as they had been on a 10 mile yomp and were frozen, nice lads and what a giggle.
Then we had a few older folk in at lunch time so i just kept giving them coffee, but eventually they had to leave for i think they ran down the road leggies crossed.
Then later on two medics came in they had been sitting at the end of the road and were frozen so came in for a pie and beans, and you would never believe it but they got a call right in the middle of it, so they put the pies in paper and left - leaving me a £2 tip.
And that has been about it today.
Thank goodness we didnt go on holidya we would never have had enough people.
So tell me what xmas pressies have you bought.
And thanks for buying all the Xmas things i had put up on the shelves, all the money has now been donated to the hospice - they were very appreiative folks.
Well done.
princess

ps Closing now and will open again tomorow at 9.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:58 pm

You can't close it's a 24/7 cafe for people to meet up and chat in :roll: Otherwise we'll have a shed load of threads started and we'll have to read them all :( How about we get someone to do the night shift? I'll lend you the lads from the mods lounge :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Lads? what lads? Mod lounge? are you keeping secrets from me Gill. :roll:
And now you are getting them to work the night shifts....I think there will be lots more women popping in from now on princess..lol.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:24 pm

IT WORKED!!!!! great send in the boys!!!!
Of course its open 24/7 its a all day Cafe hahahahah
It was just so quiet and i was tired, sarah who was helping at night had to go home with suspected swine flu, actually it was only a cold, so just needed a few hours off there.

But were open all the time.
Hope that sorts out the times in our cafe!!!!

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Well did i say it was quiet - oh my goodness the words were just out my mouth, when the door opened and in came about 18 ladies, someones birthday and they ate me out of house and home - they loved the Strawberry shortcake that was left by anon........................id still love to know who left it, hope it wasfor to sell - oophs well its gone, they ate it all.
BLT's salad, strawberry shortcake, and coffee - 18 times over - wow!!!! and they stay for ages, they left and in came a lot of the rugby guys. Oh Lisa you missed yourself, anyway they were asking for you, seemingly they like your chat up lines, they know its just harmless and they would never take it any further, and gill well i think that dark haired one has a hankering for you !!!!!!
So its been busy in spits and starts.
Then im just tyding up and putting hte dish washer on and who looks in the window - oh my god i nearly died, red hair and tartan hat and kilt way up his a... - yes you got it - Big Hairy B.... and Hairy Mary - i was too late next thing i heard the door bell go as they walked in for coffee, so i just served them and then pretended i was on the phone to a rep hahahahahaha
they didnt stay long thankfully, they would put you off your coffee lol
So what next...................................................................................................
Just give me time to think of the next episode.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Any cake left Princess???
Could do with a lovely hot drink, its freezing out there.
I will sit in my usual place by the window watching the shoppers buy their xmas gifts. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Hot Chocolate and there is just a small bit of strawberry shortcake left - you want that or something else.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 pm

oooo that sounds great princess.
I hope the others join us later.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Well lets just sit here by the window and people watch - oh my goodness look at that female in the skin tight leopard trousers and pink fluffy top - talk about mutton dressed as lamb!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:05 pm

I love just sitting here people watching, nice hot drink in my hand.
Any more food going princess? these amis are making me have the munchies..lol.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Scottish Shortbread do?
Chocci Biscuit?
Apple Pies?
Take your pick?
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks princess, i will take one of each..lol.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Ok who left the Christmas Cards on the table at the wall unit.
Beautful cards too, and expensive, so if you have left them they are behind the counter as i dont want anyone to take them.
We have Clootie Dumpling for a nice cuppa - thats fruit cake boiled in a pillowcase - a very old scottish recipe (no Shaz your not getting it). Noone is i dont hand it out.
So i bet you will have one slice and you will want more.
Up here we all fight for the skin around it ouch!!!
Anyway im off as been busy today but there is plenty of people here to talk too.
speak to yu all later

fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics