[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Dangers Of Walking Dogs

Dangers Of Walking Dogs

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Dangers Of Walking Dogs

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:40 pm

OMG
This person has to be reported, if its her dog that has been attacking the other dogs then someone should call the RSPCA.

I would be scared to go out as well, at least you are doing the right thing in going with your friends.

Lets hope the police or rspca catch this dog and its owner. :police:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby chris2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 pm

some people really do need a good :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

who on earth does that lady think she is?

if her dog is that nasty and cant have other dogs near it then it needs to be kept at home

im sorry its been rough to even walk your dogs atm babe :hugs: :hugs:

i really do hope she *trips* right onto her face :evil: :evil:

and you know the worst thing itll be the poor dog getting put to sleep because the silly ***** has taught it its ok to behave like that :pcsmash: :pcsmash:

One incident of domestic violence is reported to the police every minute.
On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner.
Don't let it be you.
chris2009
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:36 am

Some people don't deserve to have dogs :evil: It's the dogs I feel sorry for, as Chris says a bad owner can be the cause of a dog being put to sleep just because they are too stupid to train and keep them under control. And it causes so many problems for other people :(

Hope she finds somewhere else to walk her dog and leaves you all in peace ((xx)) to you and the pup as well. It can leave a dog nervous for ife if they come across a nasty dog/owner when they are young. My boxer hates/is scared of some dogs because of 2 stupid owners and their 2 alsatians :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Sophiex » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 am

Sometimes it's the owners who need putting down, not the dogs! I'm sorry you now feel nervous walking your dogs, it's not fair, it's supposed to be peaceful and fun for all involved. It's the select few who ruin it for others AND give good dog owners a bad name.
Sophiex
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:12 am

I just hope someone reports her. She has made the dog like this, Most dogs are gentle, its the owners who teach them to be aggressive. :evil:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shrimp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 pm

hi and sorry to hear of the troubles you have with walking your dog...but i felt that i must write my story

we have a 7 year old english bull terrier - he is white and only knee high but weighs a hefty 70 pound of muscle....i years ago would walk him twice a day and he would whimper for people to pat him on the head......and he didnt bother about dogs at all.......but he has always had a bit of an agressive streak towards my partner - when i found out i was pregnant with twins we went to the vets, we then went to vet college in newmarket to access him - we were told he wasnt a bad dog but did appear to have black outs of rage.....we saw a behaviourist and had him castrated as she told us too - since then if another dog comes near him he basically wants to rip their heads off and even more so if the double buggy with the twins are there.....we also have dog appeasing plug ins next to his bed....
i no longer walk him due to everything BUT he is always on the lead - if another dog comes near him my partner always asks to the owner please get your dog away from him, to which some dont seem bothered that my dog is snarling at their dog...........we have spoken to the police as we were concerned if my dog attacked another dog would my dog be punished (especially due to the breed he is) and the police said no as our dog is on the lead, and that the other owners are warned and if their dog does not come when it is called then its their dogs that are out of control and should not be let off their leads if they fail to come when called.......and so many people are a bit slow to call their dogs away or say oh he is ok - well my dog isnt........there will probably be a day when a dog gets too close to my dog and i am very sad to say that he would probably bring the dog home with him......SO it isnt always the staffy/bull terrier type dogs that are to blame.
there have been several dog attacks over out local park as there are too many young lads these days getting pitballs again and setting them on other peoples dogs.....its disgraceful.......

i would also say last year my dog was attacked by a staffy that ran out of its house - it bit my dogs face and he had to go to vets in the evening with infection - but i was relieved that it was my dog that took the hit from the staffy and not a little dog as the little dog probably would have been savaged....or a child running by that could have got bit.

my dog is soppy and stupid with me and lies over with the boys - he is not ever left alone with them and i wouldnt leave any breed alone with children.

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby samew » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:24 pm

That's no lady its a monster :twisted:
samew
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Having experience in dogs (that was my voluntary job for years) - you can do two things.

First phone your local dog warden and tell them what has happenend!!! He will go around and tell her to keep her dog under control and if not what will happen - he has the law on his side.

Step two if you really want too phone the police - this dog is a danger to other dogs and also she has threatened violence via her dog.

If she cant keep her dog under control she should not have it.

Now next thing i you know the name of her vet then phone them - if not then tell your own Vet about this dog - and ask them to keep the names of any more dogs that hav been bitten by the staffy.

Staffies are very people orintated they love people (actually they speak its so funny) - they are great parents - but they are not DOG orintated and can be very violent - of course i had a therapy dog on my team who was a staffy and Tia was wonderful, even let me near her puppies.

but i would take this seriously as it could be a kid in the middle the next time and if the starry is wired up then it would just attack!!!!!!

Hope that helps.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics