WARNING.....JOO-FREE ZONE!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WARNING.....JOO-FREE ZONE!!!!

Postby Joo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:31 am

:D Well, for a couple of days folks so have fun please!!! Off to play with my grandchildren in Chester and then to meet my crafting friends at the NEC Birmingham on Saturday. Haven't met them before, we all just know each other from the web site we use, it'll be fun!! So ta ra for now, and make sure Buffy and Ian don't plan any parties while I'm gorn will ya!!!!! Joo x :wink:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:59 pm

Quick, quick, whilst she's gone, who wants to help plan a Fibro- Blast!
I'll bring the sausage rolls, what will you bring?
lol
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:43 pm

Its you two who keep us all going, I know if im a bit down I know reading what you two are up to puts the spirits up a bit so keep it up please
wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 am

All should be well tomorrow,
Joo will return and put us all right, I think she'll be really pleased that so many of you have been active on the forum, she'll know we missed her.
Buffy x
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:22 pm

:? Hi folks, the Joo is well and truly back!!! Had a fandabbydozy time playing with the grandkids (aged 3 and 1) and had a lovely trip to the Aquarium. My grandson loves sharks and his new 'friend' is a stingray!! My grandaughter slept the whole way round in her buggy!! Chester is a great area, beautiful countryside, have any of you been or live there? Saturday didn't materialize as planned and not to bore you too much - we didn't get to the NEC and nor did another lady who was coming from Manchester. Ah well, lots of them did meet up and so I'll see them another time soon.

Do any of you guys have craft hobbies? I think there's a lot of clever fibromites out there hiding their talents...maybe we could persuade the Family Magazine to hold a competition, what do you reckon?

Okay.....back to the issue at hand...............where's that B.Boo and Ian hiding now........, they mentioned sausage rolls and traps and ropes and all aimed at me :shock: :? :lol: They've still gotta catch me yet and I somehow think I can hobble a lot faster and groan a lot louder than those two little reprobates!!!!!! :wink: Joo x :twisted:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:00 pm

Hey Joo,
If its any good to you I do tapestry, not for too long as my fingers and wrists hurt after a time, Ive been to the N.E.C my friend is a director of a card company iI went there to help her set up for a show last year the place is collossal, I also live in the beautiful south west of England, with a really broad yorkshire accent ha!ha! Ive lived here for 6 years, Has anyone been to their local Fibro support group? Im having my first visit tomorrow.
See ya Wendy
wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:14 pm

I am absolutely rubbish with anything craft like -but I can bring cake the next time there is any sort of party.

I like virtual parties -I don't get drunk and end up with a headache - oh forgot -can't get drunk anyway with taking the amitriptyline.

Can we sing? My voice is awful except on line then it's fabulous.

You know the tune.....
'Always look on the bright side of life
di dum di dum di dum di dum di dum..........'
lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Hey Wendy,
Where did you get the broad Yorkshire accent from.
All 'ee bah gum' and 'On Ilkley Mo ba't hat'

I'm from Sth Yorks btw
lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:27 pm

:D Hi there Wendy, whereabouts are you then? I've been with our support group for 3 years and if you're joining a south west one I'd love to know about it. We have 2 'sister' groups at Weston Super Mare and also South Glos, is it either of those? It helped me soooo much at the beginning as the NHS was rubbish about fibro!!! Learnt nearly all I know thru the group at Portishead! Hope you have a good time, let me know how it goes, and spread the 'smile' policy mate, there's a lot of miserable peeps out there!!!!!!! Joo x :lol: :lol:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:30 pm

:D :) :lol:

Smile and the world smiles with you.

:D :) :lol:
lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:30 pm

:? Sorry girls, totally ignored the 'craft' bit!! Tapestry is great and good exercise but hard on the hands eh? I was a framer so stretched plenty of them over the years!! I do loads of crafts - always something to do in this house!! Housework should be top of the list but it is VERY boring!!!! Hubby is an artist in his 'spare' time and I also love photography so plenty to keep my mind off my fibro friend!!! Joo x :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:25 pm

Hey there mateys,
Long story, I was born in Shrewsbury, moved to Bradford when I was 18 months, Then got wed and lived in Guisley Leeds for 15 years divorced 10 years ago, met partner (12 years younger ha!ha!) and moved to (for you Joo) Weston-super mare 6 years ago, unfortunatly my Assistant manager was off sick today so I couldnt get to the support group today, My shop is just over the road from the church its held in,next month crossed fingers.
I know im going on a bit (I do it on a regular basis) but I must tell you about my fibro moment today(Its amazing what you can blame on the Fibro) The dustbin men do my bins at work every monday and thursday, Well I got really mad today coz by 3pm they hadnt been, so I rang the bin company and shouted at this poor young lady that they hadnt been this morning she told me that they empty ours Monday and Thurs and madam today its Wednesday Oh god did I feel a wally normally it would be a senior moment, belive it or not peeps this in not an unusual thing for me
Hope its cheered you up today
Love dippy Wendy
wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby lyndy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Hey Wendy, it's not just us that have 'senior moments'. I had to phone my Bowen practitioner today as I'm having problems with my back and we made an appointment for tomorrow at 12 noon. She then rang back because she had forgotten to ask me something then a third time because she thought tomorrow was Friday and Thursdays she practises in a neurological unit all day. I felt better after that.

Your little tale made me laugh btw.
lyndy
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:18 am

:D Hi girls! And I'm constantly turning up at my hairdressers on the wrong day or an hour early etc!! She's used to me now and usually gives me a cup of coffee and sends me home!!!! And Wendy? I'm in Bristol, just up the road mate!! I'm meeting friends tommoz in Weston cos we get together and make cards!! Small world eh? Your group is run by Grace and you have a fabulous Physio department at Weston Hospital, I am truly envious!!!! They run a 6 week course for fibro bods, get on it girl, you'll be glad you did!! :lol: Joo x[i[/i]
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Girls,
I think Ive had the worst day ever today, I really feel for all you lot who are in pain all the time as I dont really have too many bad days mostly days where i just grin and bear it, but today my left leg has given me lots and lots of jip, and I have spent the day trying to remember everything, every time I have spoken today i just forget what I was saying (what was I saying) you gotta laugh eh!!!!
Im glad you said about Westons physios, Ive had my appointment changed, I have a fibro assesment on 6th June, then start with the physio on 12th June, I just want to get on with it now it seems a long time to wait.
Have a good night girls, we shall have to meet sometime Joo
See ya
Wendy
wendysz
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics