How long does this illness last!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How long does this illness last!

Postby Lis » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:42 pm

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the timescale of this illness! I have found a lot of information about fibro but nothing mentioned about the length of the illness! It is a horrible illness so I probably guess the answer will be unknown, but there's nothing like wishing.

Keep smiling we won't let it beat us!
Lis
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:57 pm

Hi Lis,

Sorry, but fibro is a disease which is cyclic in nature (this according to Dr St Amand) and you have good periods and bad periods until you get no good ones anymore and end up bed/housebound. This is what happened to me and almost every other person I personally know who has fibro.

There are a couple of conditions which mimic fibro and the outcome may be different for these, but, as fibro is hard to get a diagnosis for, so are the other conditions. The medical fraternity don't know what to do with us other than fill us up with useless pain killers and anti depressants.

I have managed to reverse my fibro throught the Guaifenesin Protocol and I have now added in the Alfred Blasi Protocol for good measure, I live a normal life now, the only thing I still can't do is walk miles like I once used to, but hey, I'm too old to do that and in any case I have a car.

Have a look in the Treatments that Work board or visit:
http://ukfmsguai.tripod.com/ or Dr St Amands website at:
http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/

Best
Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Lis » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi Kristine thanks for your reply

My days seem to be so full of bad periods and not enough good ones
It is so frustrating as you will know . I feel guilty that my 3 kids are losing their fun mum.

I have recently asked on this forum for info about the use of Guaifenesin and were I could purchase this, Sharon replied to my post and was very helpful and said that you would be the best person to ask!

Thanks again you have been very helpful I will now go and check out these web sites

Take care Lisax
Lis
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics