men ggggrrrrrrr!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

men ggggrrrrrrr!!

Postby velvet » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

yesterday my OH attempted to cook strudel without putting it on a baking tray, by placing it straight on the oven shelf with the predictable result that the filling fell out :roll:

he has just gone out to put pizza on - i told him to make sure he cleans the oven of yesterdays mess BEFORE putting the pizza on and he has got huffy because i am treating him like hes stupid!!

will someone please tell me why i am in the wrong for thinking someone who would put a strudel in without a tray might not think to clean the oven before turning it on again!!
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: men ggggrrrrrrr!!

Postby motherelephant » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Oh Velvet it sounds all so familiar hahaha its not funny really because its so frustrating.Motherelle x :banghead:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:22 pm

well if he hadnt tried to cook strudel direct on the oven shelf even though the directions clearly say use a baking tray then i wouldnt have thought to remind him you need to clean the oven before reusing it - act like a bachelor get treated like one!!!

and he didnt have to get stroppy about being reminded did he?
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 am

He got stroppy because you reminded him he'd been a prat :lol:

My OH made a lovely lasagne from scratch yesterday... went to put it in the oven and dropped it, smashed the dish, mince, sauce everything all over the floor. I passed him the dustpan and legged it :lol: KFC for tea yesterday.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:16 am

Well you lucky people - partners cooking - it sounds like heaven.

I've been feeling ill lately, i'm sure i've got swine flu, i'm on day 5 and i dont feel any better, my heads feels like its going to explode.

Anyway because i cant stand long enough to cook, my husband got fish and chips from chip shop on Thursday, Mcdonalds on Friday, i managed to stick a pizza in oven yesterday and sunday dinner is always chill con carne which i made double last week so only need to stick in oven.

Well he can cook egg, do a pot noodle, put soup in a pan - does that count.
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 pm

my diet at the moment is 80% microwave meals 20% pizza, strudel was a step too far obviously - i couldnt even persuade OH to stop off and get a hot cooked chicken from the supermarket :(

i am craving proper meat - a lovely rare steak with mushrooms onions etc, a proper roast anything with crispy potatoes , thick gravy ......

i next get checked on the 8th of october - please please please please let them decide i can start weight bearing again so i can at least drive myself to the restaurant and get myself a proper meal.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Years ago i was in hospital with what i have just now - and for two weeks hubby and kids had to survive on his cooking - he dosent cook ok, cant, never, hasnt a clue.
He actually burnt the boiled eggs and the bum out of the pan.
Anyway after 2 weeks i come home and he says i have a treat for you (the kids were begging me to come home as they were sohungry) - anyway i digress..................i come home very sore after operation and he goes into kitch.
He brings me out chips and steak...........................................................
Wait for it.................................................................
Chips were burnt and the steak was a slice of steak sandwich uncooked lolo :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
The he stomped off cause noone would eat it.
So i ended up making macaroni and chips for us all - except him as he dosent like it :clap: :clap: :clap: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
So he is dreading if i go back into hospital as how will he cope even if the freezer and fridge are full.
When i was unwell recently with the kidney infection he lived on rolls and jam!!!!
I kid you not!!!! Were married 39 years and he hasnt a clue!!!!!!
:wave: :wave: :wave:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:59 pm

considering that the best cook i know is a man it does make you wonder why some of these creatures have this failing. i have decided the best thing to do is start teaching my son to cook properly - he is competant at noodles, and enjoys school cooking lessons (god knows why the school lessons are next to useless) - today (as i was desperate for proper meat lol) we covered sauteeing mushrooms, and how to turn chops over under the grill (I hate it when someone uses a fork as i find the meat becomes more dry as juice runs out of the holes lol - in my book you use a spatula) as i get more on my feet i will teach him more including such essentials as "that looks about the right amount" "that could do with a bit more whatever" and most importantly in my book "ok i didnt mean that to happen but its still edible and that lot dont know so i will lie and tell them its supposed to be like this"
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 pm

You have the right idea Velvet .I have 3 sons and was determined they would learn to be self sufficient.All 3 now really enjoy cooking and experimenting with food.The 2 older ones even grow their own fruit and veg.the youngest is in his second year at uni and while his flat mates eat pot noodles he cookes from scratch making his own pasta sauces and rice dishes and when he has a few pennies left he buys fresh fish and makes a meal out of that .Well worth the effort I put in when they were younger .There health also sees the benefit. Motherelle.x :D
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby DaveD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Two questions :

Question 1

Why was he in the kitchen :dunno:

Question 2

Whats an oven :tongueout:

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

hahaha trust you Dave.

Well sorry to say this ladies but my OH knows how to cook and is a great cook.He even washes up. :D

My ex hubby was the same princess had no idea on how to cook as did everything for them.
They lived off take outs and chips while i was in hospital too...
They also forget how to wipe up and wash the counters down...Oh and the washing machine..oh and the cleaning..i can go on and on but i guess most of us know. :tongueout: MEN gggrrr
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dollydaydream » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:40 pm

I have a long standing belief that the people responsioble for creating male chauvanist pigsare their mothers!!!!

My father always said to my sister and I that there was precious little that he could do that she and I couldn't do because we didn't have a set of testicles.

My hubby is a great cook. He drives me mad - he just slings milk and flour and egg in a jug and hey presto, we are scraping the yorkshire's off the roof of the oven as then have risen so far. My yorkshire's come out like frisbee's! :evil:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby DaveD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:00 pm

OK I admit I do the house work and the majority of cooking , in fact its almost an obsession . :shock:

True

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:51 am

My hubby cooks.. he actually likes cooking :shock: (men are weird aren't they?) and eldest son is learning as well, he asked his dad to teach him :shock: :shock: so I have high hopes of the youngest too as he sees it as normal for blokes to do the cooking, although he does prefer the meals I do as hubby cooks what he likes while I cook for the kids.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:09 am

my OH is required to cook due to my broken leg - if you consider the fibro didnt exactly make me a safe cook with both legs steady on the floor, you dont want to imagine me trying it on 1 leg :D

i was always one of those people who couldnt stand company in the kitchen - i probably get it from mum and gran - i was chased from the kitchen as a child. anyway my children are (as far as i am concerned) only just getting to the point they can usefully be taught - early teens. yes i have done rice crispy cakes etc with them but for "proper" meal preperation they need to be this old - which leads to the problem that it is very rare i cook properly now cause of the fibro - i am at the chuck chopped meat in saucepan to brown then add jar of sauce :roll: i am down to using boil in the bag rice (and i know how to cook rice properly) the last "proper" meal i prepared and cooked from scratch was last years christmas time roast beef rib (noone is fond of turkey) - i took two days, pacing it, had my eldest son with me, and by the time it was served i was in too much pain to eat.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics