men ggggrrrrrrr!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: men ggggrrrrrrr!!

Postby BoveySusie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 am

I've been chuckling my way through all these posts and come to the conclusion that our OH's are probably a mix of all of them at different times - depending on which way the wind blows!!

Princess - wot's a "bridie"??? :? We're hoping to tour Scotland next year - is it something we should look out for :lol:

My hubby is in saint mode at the mo - he went off shopping at 7.30 this morning :!: He LOVES to eat so I know I will be ok...

Sue
x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:49 pm

I dont know if i dare post this but my OH just said have those women not got any ironing to do. I will post what time he is asleep and anyone can come round and bash him :tongueout:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:10 pm

when i met my hubby he was 31 and still at home!!!!!! he couldnt do anything. a couple of month slater i fell pregnanta nd we moved in together and he was anightmare so i did everything as it was quicker and i have lived on my own since i was 16 so used to being indepedant.

anyway baby number 1 came and i still did everything, i wrked part time when baby was 11 weeks old and he looked after him but i found out later he took him to his mams!!!!

anyway when baby 1 was 1 1months old i got pregnant again and i struggled along with 2 babies and a hubby who was used to me doing everything.

2 years ago i got ill with fibro and everything changed , i taught him how to do everything and now he is th eperfect house husband. he cooks, cleans, irons, gardens, gets up with the kids etc. if my legs are hurting he drives my to my mates houses and picks me up and fetches things for me when i finally get setted on the sofa.

he is sarcastic and says things like "yes my lady" and "god, all i need is a lead!!" but he tells me all the time he loves me and he is my carer and he wants the best for me after i have done all the hard work for the last 7 years.

he cant believe what i have had to do whilst working, pregnant etc and he is grateful for all i have done in the past.

oh btw he is not perfect, he burps, trumps in bed and waves the covers at me, shouts "get the harpoon" when i get stuck in the bath but i suppose that ok as he tries so hard!!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:33 pm

I live in an all male household other than me of course. They are all well versed at doing a full roast dinner, can prepare a full buffet for special occasions, christmas, birthdays etc, hubs is great at cooking he just finds the 'what shall we have today for tea' a little daunting. Eldest son makes the most fantastic salad baguette or plate salad, and the youngest is a dab hand at making bread from scratch.

They are all good around the house and are more than capable at keeping on top of the housework even if they have their own routine - which believe me is a million miles away from mine. Our middle son does his best, but being disabled himself requires more input to do things than the others - although he does get somewhat carried away when mashing potatoes, I think he thinks he should push them through the bottom of the pan :)

Unigirl - sounds like you have a gem of a hubby there, even if it did takle a while for him to find his way :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 am

It's the other way around in this house, I have to do everything,cooking,cleaning,washing,decorating,gardening,car repairs the lot but I draw the line at ironing because to me it just defys logic.

I had to look after myself as a kid because my mum was always working and then I left home at 16 so it did come in handy knowing what to do.

I trained as a chef when I left school and when people ask my OH why she never cook's she just says why have a dog and bark yourself :roll: most of what she's tried to cook over the years has been ineadable so I just find it easier to do it myself. She will put a load of washing on and leave it in for a couple of days till it stink's,but to be fair she does was the pots once in a blue moon. :lol:

My daughter is 16 and the most inpracticle person in the world, she's really clever and is sailing through her A levels and will be going on to Uni but ask her to boil an egg or wash the pots and she's stumped. I have tried showing her how to cook and do other stuff over the years but it just doesn't sink in, she can just about manage a cuppa but that's pretty hit and miss.

I'm sorry if this is boring but I just wanted to get the point across that not all of us blokes are useless :mrgreen:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Harley

My hubs left home at 16 too, so like you he is a dab hand at basically everything around the home, garden and, because he his a mechanic and trainer, with the household cars too.

I always say to my boys that their future partners will not be pleased with me if they are unable to cook, shop and/or clean the home.

The3 eldest is great at shopping and searching out bargains - problem is he does tend to get carried away with them and brings home loads of stuff that needs to be eaten within 24 hours...............I will get through to him one day, I know I will..................he's an intelligent person with a degree..............so why exactly do we need 5 packets of sausage and 4 dozen croissants :dunno: :dunno: :lol: :lol:

Love them all to bits really as they do try hard and usually do a great job :D
bookworm
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics