Anyone been left because of Fibro?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone been left because of Fibro?

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:50 pm

If anyone has been left by their husband/partner (this is for women only) because of their illness and would be interested in doing a bit of media that could help raise awareness of Fibro, please email me via info@fibroaction.org.

Thanks
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Re: Anyone been left because of Fibro?

Postby Carrieanne » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:00 pm

i was left eight months ago........ let me know what sort of info you're looking for

Carrieanne xx
Carrie
Carrieanne
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

A statistic in a book I have by an eminent rheumatologist gives the statistic of relationships that break down after diagnosis of FMS as 85%. He states the reason being that people with FMS all have a similar character profile -previous to the onset of FMS they are dynamic, do-ers, who take on too much and suddenly they crash. In terms of relationships, they usually end up with someone who needs someone who is strong and who puts a lot onto their partners shoulders. After diagnosis FMS patients realize that they have to alter their patterns of behaviour in order to cope with their illness -often they have to end their relationships because they can no longer be responsible for another grown adult OR the other adult leaves because they want to be cared for and not the carer.

In my case, I left -I no longer had the strength to cope with a grown man who was angry with me being ill; a man who actually said 'but if your ill what's going to happen to me?"
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 pm

sometime it can seem like Fibromyalgia is destroying everything you hold dear in life BUT sometimes things change .... and after a while something better replaces what was lost.

Keep smiling everyone xxxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:41 am

I think I missed the deadline, but thanks for the replys. :)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics