not fair x

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not fair x

Postby kimmiicustard » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm

my friend told me Colin Firth is turning on the Regent Street lights tomorrow night and then in Leicester square for his new film and did i want to go.. i was so excited she did ask me several times if i thought i could manage it and being stubborn i said yer i will be fine.. then another friend pointed out i dont walk i hobble and standing of which there is bound to be lots kills my back and so the voice of reason kicked in and rather than spend all week recovering im not going...bloody body i want a new one xx
kimmiicustard
UKFM Member

Re: not fair x

Postby smiler22 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:34 pm

bless you. im afraid i would have to find a way. can youhire a chair from somewhere. or a scooter. that way if your friend doesnt mind pushing you if needed you can have somewhere to sit down in between the standing. also if you are in a chair they may let you to the front of the queue. so you get better seating and view.
its worth a shot...... as for the pain. if i really want to do something. i would still do it. then just suffer. i will not let this illness top me. i know thats me. but i have done things then really regretted it. but then im only young and i still wnat to see things. life is for living. so hun i feel if you can master the energy then go and enjoy yourself. it will be a once in a life time chance.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi
Smiler has a good point, about the hire of a wheel chair.
With this colder weather make sure you wrap up warm, as that affects fibro.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pinksandblues » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi my freind bought tickets ages ago for us to go see pink at the nia birmingham :) saturday when it was halloween, i am a massive pink fan and have so looked forward to it but worried as well that it would be too much for me as they were standing tickets , but we decided to do a hotel stop over along with two other friends and oh boy did nt i know it , a trek for lunch a 2 hour wait to get in and a 4 hour inside , i made it through just :!: and then they all wanted to go into the night clubs , eventually got to bed at hotel for 3.30am and the fire alams went off a 5am, crashed out till 9am and went home . I have felt so ill since there isnt a bit of me that doesnt hurt ,i feel down and exhasted :( i would nt have missed seeing pink for anything but goodness knows how long it will take to recover :?: my freind who does not have FM was out shopping and in the gym the same day
:shock: if only there was a body transpant id be up for it :lol:
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm

i have been to see michael jackson this is it today. at cinema. it was fantastic. but i know im suffering for it. it hurts. it hurt sit hurts.

wouldnt of missed it for the world though.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby kimmiicustard » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 pm

thank u for the replies i do tend to be stubborn but my boss has pointed out i need to be honest with me and work and if its gonna take me a long time to recover i need to concider this x but will def look into the wheelchair option next time x :grouphug:
kimmiicustard
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics