diagnosed at last - relief in a way !!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby iain » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:14 pm

when i informed them last time about the pain and what it might be they sent me to the company doctor ,he wrote back saying he couldnt even find drugs in my urine ,my head office wanted to sack me
there is a h+s there but not so that i can approach if i tell them they will just make my life hell untill i resign
its not the best company to work for
i have upped my amnitrptilynee by 10mg to 35mg and taking paracetamol on top of my tramadol in daytime
i consulted doctor 1st so dont worry
i have coped up to now and hope to keep working but time will tell
regards iain
iain
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:36 pm

What do you do?
I know it's difficult but we need to protect ourselves and others from the effects of this condition.
The Company Dr wouldn't be able to test for the meds that you take, the tests only work on the elicit drugs( pot, coke, heroin and Benzos)so why you were drug tested is beyond me.
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby iain » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:48 pm

drug testing is just part of the medical
i am a banksman/slinger
i work alongside a crane and deal with pipe and oil industry machinery storage
its not a hard job but with my symptons i pay for every bit of exertion i do
it can be dangerous but if i wasnt fully aware and clear headed i wouldnt do it
regards iain
iain
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:01 pm

How old are you? Are you able to retrain to do something else.
I'm thinking of retraining when I am better as I'll never be able to go back to nursing.
This condition does get better periods but the bad times can be really bad and would you be able to do your job then?
Just a thought :D
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby iain » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:28 pm

hey buffy thats the name of one of my cats lol anyway i am 35 going 0n 105 or at least it feels like that :wink:
i work alongside ppl who wouldnt understand and because i look well would think i am just taking the mickey :!:
i work outside and the thought of another winter is terrifying as i barely made it through the last one
there is a guy at work who is 57 and sorry to say i am envious of him ,he has more energy than me and he is more spritely, he makes me look lazy and i am far from it
anyway think i will take tommorrow off as i am not feeling too good :(
pills still not working as i am still in pain all day getting to the end of my tether arrgh !!!
can i apply for dla before i stop work or do i have to be on incapacity or something , i am worried that if i give up my job i will be rejected and be in a worse position than i am in now
still gotta pay the bills somehow :(
regards iain
iain
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi Iain, its a really hard decision to make but you can claim DLA and still work but I wouldn't imagine your employers would like that by the sound of things? Can you make enquiries thru DLA and DWP etc before approaching your employers? Are you in a union? I only say this because I had to give up work 5 years ago from a heavy (for me) physical job and should have done it differently, hindsight is a wonderful thing!! I ended up on Incap but should have sued my employer at the very least!!!

I'd do a lot of asking if I were you, especially if you have a mortgage.

Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 pm

You can claim DLA if you are working. Some of us may be able to work despite the FM. It's worth applying, they knock you back initially but you have to appeal.
I would seriously think about retraining or speaking to the advisor at the job centre.
It could help.
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby iain » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:43 am

thanx i have took today off going to see doctor as i have had enough i am in pain all over dont think theres anywhere trhat doesnt hurt
even putting this post in is difficult
i stay in a little village where cab are only about a couple of times a week or so its hard to get them as everyone else who wants advice :(
think i will go to benifits office as well and see what they say
you guys are great what can i say THANK YOU !!!
my day will be better with you guys beside me :wink:
regards iain
iain
UKFM Member

hi iain

Postby sally » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:18 am

:evil: hi iain
please go 2 the drs also write a list of everything you want to tell the dr.
other wise we sometimes forget what we need to tell the dr.
make sure you tell him the severity of your pain its chronic.
tell him how you are feeling make sure you get time to talk to him.
i really feel for you, sometimes well alot of the time the pain of fm scares us. this site is great, we understand what you feel like. you take care
dont be afraid of getting benefits we all need them.
let us all no how u get on love sally
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

Postby iain » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 am

i have printed off a sheet which helps you list stuff i am going to fill that in for him
i think i will tell my work tommorrow dont hold up much hope for any help from them but to be honest i couldnt care what they think
i have had enough of trying to hide it and if they dont like it then so be it
i dont want to work for a company that doesnt care about their employees anyway
wonder what will happen this time :lol:
last time was pathetic when i told him he sent me for a medical and nothing showed up they thought i was at it :lol:
wonder what they will think this time :lol:
anyway i got my whole family supporting me and thats all i need
dont know why but fell angry writing this suppose i know what the outcome will be
regards iain
iain
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi Iain, keep your anger in check mate, you need to have a clear head when making big decisions like this (your job that is) and think about retraining like Buffy said but before you jump off the work platform with both feet!! Think it all thru, good and bad and get help while the wages are still coming in if you can.

Best of luck, Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Hi Iain,
like Joo says, anger doesn't help.
We all feel it, frustration, anger, self pity etc etc.... it's not good for us...if you get stuck in that spiral then it all gets worse, it's what happened with me..... I'm on my way up from it.
The forum has helped me no end, as a place to vent and a place to find comforting words and humour.
I've recently started Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) there is a thread about it in the coping tips section. It helps get rid of all the negative schitt.
FM isn't treatable with medication, painkillers have limited success, a lot of medics don't even recognise it.....so I've turned to "Alternative" methods..
Pysio therapy, acupuncture, EFT, I'm open to anything that will take my pain away..... (If they told me that painting my arse blue and running naked around the streets would make me better, I'd give it a go!!)

Keep smiling
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:14 pm

Oh but Buffy it does mate, didn't you know? Just paint your arse azure blue and run round the neighbourhood, you'll feel much better at the end of it and you'll have made lots of new friends..........all in blue uniforms followed by more in white coats!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi Iain
welcome to our fibro family sorry you are having problems at work would printing off the what is fibro from the main page help and take it work?
hope things improve for you.
Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:37 pm

I think Joo is trying to get me into trouble, don't you? :? :o :shock:
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics