Breast pain

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breast pain

Postby lullabybunny1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello, well, where to start. My mum is one of 5 children, my mum and 3 of her 4 siblings have had or have cancer. My mum had breast cancer and got her 5yr all clear in August 09. My nipple has been bleeding, and I haven't really thought much of it, then last night I was in the bath and when i was washing I found a horrible pain in my breast and armpit, one also feels differant to the other. I am terrified, i know that i am higher risk of getting cancer and im terrified, also because of being raped a few years ago I am scared of going to dr and getting proded and poked, I know I have to, I dont know if its really the abuse thats holding me back or fear of what it might be.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: Breast pain

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi :hugs:

You really need to see the GP

Can you take a friend/member of family with you and maybe also ask for a female GP? would this be better for you?

Has your bra been rubbing up against you? just thinkin of other reasons

:hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby princess » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm

You need to get to your GP now!!!!!
You dont mess about with breasts - and if it is nothing he wont be upset - its best you get checked out so as you dont worry so much.
Make an appointment first thing tomorrow am and let us know how you get on.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:45 am

You do need to get the bleeding checked out. I would say the fact that you have pain is a good sign as it probably means you have an infection rather than anything too nasty. I get pain in my left breast when I am due on, really nasty stabbing pains and it's down to the glands... your glands run right through your body so you can get pain almost anywhere from them.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

You can ask for a chaperone at any doctors appointment. They will provide a female nurse to stay with you. A lot of people get nervous about stripping before strange men, even if they are doctors. Just let the surgery know when you book the appointment that you will require a chaperone.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Our gp's always go and get one of the practice nurses to come in with them even if you don't mind. It helps protect them as well as you.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby lullabybunny1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Right, i am seeing a female doctor, they usually get a chaperone in to cover them. My appointment is at 4.40pm. I don't know about the pain as my mum had pain in the same places, i suppose it's paranoia on my part, even though i have the appointment im terrified and still don't know if i can go.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi
Glad to hear you have made the appointment for today.
I have been through this, so dont get worried if they send you straight to the hospital with days, its what they do.
I had to have fluid withdrawn from the lump, it came back clear.

I did not have any pain when i found the lump.
I do get pain under my armpit and side of my boobs but this is normal my GP told me.
I have never had fluid leaking though.

Good luck for today. :hugs: Have you got a family member who can go with you for support.? :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lullabybunny1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:34 pm

my mum is coming with me. I am feeling more optimistic today, I think its probably an infection, but at the same time, i want/need to prepare myself for the worst. Will be back on later with news of how I got on.

Thanks everyone x
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby lullabybunny1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:41 pm

I have been to doc and got an infection. I have been given steroidal cream and some anti-inflamitory drugs. I have loads of bloods done on Monday and If the problem is still there by end of next week, i have to go back.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi
Glad you got it sorted, bet thats a load of your mind. :hugs:
Hope the infection clears soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Glad you got it checked out :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics