[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Its cold and its windy here

Its cold and its windy here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Its cold and its windy here

Postby princess » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Am sitting here and i can hear the wind getting up and hitting the house.
It was -8 two days ago, and about -1 today, and now they say more rain on the way , i see the sandbags are back at the front doors of the village and all the animals have been moved to high ground, the village has had trucks and trucks of animals coming up the hill all day.
Poor animals i feel so sorry for them, in the mud left after all that rain, but very consentious farmers here and they look after their animals.
One field has three normal horses, and two big huge clydesdales and today they were joined with a Clydesdale foal, he is beautiful but nearly as tall as the horses. They all have their coats on today to keep them warm.
The Pheasants are keeping in their nests so we are not seeing much of them on the road.
But oh the Kestrals, Buzzards and i think we saw a Eagle as Sea Eagle on one of the trees - winter is on its way and we are still surrounded by animals.
The large white bull and his two girlfriends have been moved away and in their place is a brown bull and two girls - i hear the farmers swop the bulls so they dont get any inbreeding.
Its such a lovely place to stay - the only part that gets to me is a triangle of a small field, and there is maybe l, 2, 3 or more sheep in it - its the quarentine field for those sheep that are ill or are going to Sheep heaven, so my heart always skips a beat as we pass it - but you know the farmers will do the right thing by their animals.
Coming back we saw a sheep limping, and when we got into the village shop someone had phoned the farmer and he had attended to it - honestly we are talking 10 mins in all.
Country or town, give me the country every time.
My daughter's mother in law lives in the centre of Town, and she was aksing me what did i do for shopping?????? Talk about naive, i told her i could get anything i wanted in the villages except Marks and Spencers, and i can live without that shop.
We have Tesco and Asda home shopping vans, we have a fish man on a friday, we have a library on Monday, we have a shop that sells nearly anything we need for the week.
We lost our PO but now its come back into the shop.
So all in all we are well covered. Co-op 10 mins away, and large supermarkets 10 miles away - but oh its worth the lovely scenes all around.
Forgot to mention we have 3 newly born Highland Cattle just down the road, they are so funny looking, but they are off the beaten track as they are very expensive and farmer wants to keep an eye on them - thats where his money is with his cattle the Highlands.
Well i think i have bored you enough for one day.
Hope you are all having a decent day, if not then i hope that tomorrow will be better.
princess
:wave:
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Its cold and its windy here

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 pm

That sounds such a lovely peaceful place to live princess.
We have got the rain and wind here to, but it is no where near as cold as you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Its cold and its windy here

Postby Harley » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:13 am

That's a great post Princess, you should do a blog.

I have always lived in villages but our present house is in the suburbs and I hate it.We are right on the edge of the city with houses one side and the countryside the other but it's still not the same.

No one here speaks to each other and because I'm used to talking to everyone like I used to before we moved here they all look at me gone out when I say good morning.They just aren't used to country bumpkins. :lol:
Harley
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics