[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does anyone work from home?

Does anyone work from home?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Does anyone work from home?

Postby Harley » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:39 pm

I was at college this afternoon and have been set an assignment to write an article which I found spooky after reading about it on here this morning.

Iv' started already and quiet enjoying it.
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Good luck with your assignment Harley.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Good luck Harley, although that sounds like you need it which I doubt :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:54 pm

bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Hmmm - thought i would have got the wand piccy aswell :?
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 am

Ye realised I can ask my daughter if any of her mates are Wiccan and would they like to buy a wand. That way I can say I've aleady sold some when I try to sell to retail :roll: :roll:

I get good ideas when I'm up in the night :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:54 am

You and me both Gill - the problem is that I forget most of them ny the time I have been to sleep or I have loads od sheets of paper with random ideas on them :lol:

Selling to your daughters friends would be great - even if it was just one or two to start with. Like you say at least you can then say you have sold some - pity I couldn;t just leave loads of positive feedback on your item as I know that many people search the feedback before placing their bid. Then again, it may help to find the item among ebaa int the firdt place :shock: :lol: :lol:

Do you not know of any covernsaround your way or even paranormal groups - if so try contacting those to see if they need supplies, try also putting up ads in shop windows - again many people are quite secretive about their beliefs in this area as they don't wish to be ridiculed, so if they can just ring up and ask it helps them feel a little safer.

Have you blessed it, or/and anointed it with oils? What about writing a little spell/blessing to accompany it? Have you included the healing properties of willow or other spiritual properties? All these things will make it more appealing to the buyer, especially if it someone who is just beginning in this area or someone that is buying it for someone else.

I would always sell all my crystals and any other items, ready 'smudged' with a tempory protection blessing to get it through the post. I also include something relating to it's use, cleansing, programming dedicating and grounding. I also put a phone number on the info sheets so that the customer can contact me should they wish to - that often generated more new sales directly.

I do hope your wand sells for you Gill, it would have been right at home among the items in what used to be my shop above. Good luck :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:16 am

I'm going to design a page for writing up details of the tree involved in making the wand (I've got some holly now so will start on them soon, want to get them on sale before Christmas) I have a few books and celtic oracle cards and an accompanying book with info in. So will write up a bit on the relevant wood.

I've also been selling beads I bought off ebay. Anything left over from my use I'm advertising. I buy in as large a quantity as I can then sell them on after taking what I want. I'm selling pandora beads for 50p which is a lot cheaper than the shops but still making me a profit. :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:30 am

Sounds good Gill - the more info and little extra's such as blessings etc, the more it will raise interest.
Keep going hun, looking forward to seeing the holly wands once you have created them :)

I usedto be the same with the crystals - sell them off really cheap in my the shop above, but yet sill made enough to keep the shop paying for itself. It isn't necessary to put vast profits on items - as long as they pay their way, anything above that is greedy to me.

We have never been a amterialistic family as such, which is good as we have never had the money to be materialistic with :lol: :lol: :lol:

Namaste
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Be aware that when you answer this quetion, because you never know when anyone from DLA or Social SEcurity is looking at our forum - believe me they do look at sites, i should know eh
princess :tongueout:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm not on any benefits Princess... they won't give me any :evil:

My wand didn't sell but I'm now making 3 for my daughter to give as presents and one for my sister to give to a friend.. so 4 and not a penny :lol: Not that I mind. I'm making tiny ones and turning them into necklace pendants. Going to send my sister one of each and maybe, just maybe her friend will have friends who have friends and they'll want to know where she go them from.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 pm

As I no longer have the shop, nor do I claim benefits, I have nothing to hide. Believe me, If I didn't have this condition I would still have my shop.......... :(

Gill I hope your sister and daughters friends love their gifts :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby hack1971 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

hi all
im waiting to do a course on proofreading which hopefully i can do from home.the cousre i can do in my own time with no deadlines.
nikki :wave:
hack1971
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics