So you believe in he spirit world?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So you believe in he spirit world?

Postby princess » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Have you ever seen anything?
Do you believe and if so why?

I have always had a feeling of being somewhere before i got there, ive been here before!!! I also know when troublle is affecting my family before they say.
But recently i saw my dear dad - dead 12 years - in his blue pjs with his hanky in the pocket.
Also have a spirit butterfly that comes in times of stress.
This is not a kid on, im being serious here.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: So you believe in he spirit world?

Postby bookworm » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 pm

HI Princess,

What a lovely experience to have seen your dad so long after he left this physical realm. :) Do you do anything along the spiritual/paranormal lines or attend cirdles and suchlike?

I actually live in a very 'spiritually busy' house, and have had the privilege of meeting quite a few other realm visitors including shadow people, spirit animals, relatives, and the ones that just pass through.
I have also got the pleasure of a couple of resident ghosts (completely different from spirits), but nothing at all uncomfortable or bad.

After 25 years of experiences, I can tell very quickly what needs 'dealing' with and what can be left alone if you understand me and as I;m a menace for smudging and spiritual protection, there isn't much negativity gets through unless someone brings difficult energy in with them. :yikes: :)

This is a fascinating area for me and although I can discount 99% of what happens with a rational explanation, the other 1% keeps me searching and researching the answers.

I'm glad you started this thread - it will be interesting to read others answers and/or experiences :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:04 am

My husband and I have recently married and moved in together. Prior to living in this house he had a beautiful victorian cottage by the sea and he's very spiritual and into his crystals and things. When we first got together and I went to his house he told me he had a black lab 'visitor' sometimes and not to be alarmed if I saw him. Well, I wondered if he was a)mad or b) winding me up and in 3 years I never saw anything until the night before he moved out of the house. Almost everything was packed and I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea when I felt something, I turned round and there was the black lab sitting at the bottom of the stairs!!!! I couldnt believe it! The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I shouted to Christopher that his dog was here. He looked exactly like a normal black lab and seemed like a lovely happy dog -it really was like he was just popping in to wish us well.

Anyone know what that's all about? I mean, is that a normal paranormal experience?

xxxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 am

Hi Hedgewitch,

It certainly sounds like you were lucky enough to meet your husband's spirit friend :)

I think often people expect spirit to appear just as a hazy cloud or outline and yes they can do this. However they can also manifest as solid looking as those in the physical realms - often you don;t realise that you ahve actually witnessed spirit until something 'clicks' that what you are seeing is out of place for some reason so to speak.

Here's to you having many more experiences all pleasant of course - and if your husband is in to all things spiritual, you can bet it is he that draws them in via his vibration.

Hugs to you :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 am

i used to be a little sceptic as i wsa younger. but i very often felt like id been to plases before i had actually been there and could tell my family where things where in different rooms before actullay going into the room. id never seen photos or anything.

then i worked in a nursing home. and we saw several things there. 9 of us saw a blue lady.. she was an ex nurse who used to turn the lights of in peoples rooms. and the little boy who walked past the room and wen through the alarmed fire exit door. etc etc ........ we have the spirit of my nan and aunty sometimes at home too.

so yes i do belivev now.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Hedgewitch » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:58 am

Smiler, you'll really freak me out if you tell me you worked in the same nursing home as I worked in when I was young!!!!!

I never saw anything myself, only heard from patients who kept nightdresses under their pillows for the wee boy who stood in the corner of the room during the night -he was naked and cold. One of the women in particular was blind but all of them were bedridden. Other members of staff answered the servants door (in the courtyard) to people who vanished and staff often ran out on night-shift and didnt come back.

Like I said, I never witnessed anything however, one funny thing that did happen to me took place when I was working nightshift; two of us were on duty upstairs and Hazel went to heat our dinner up in the microwave while i took my seat in the parkerknowl armchair with my back to the front-door at the end of the corridor. I was on my own and it was 3am and cold and all of a sudden I heard the vestibule door creek open and I heard footsteps coming down the hall behind me. Well, parkerknowl's have high backs on them and I was too scared to peer round the side of it and suddenly I felt something against my leg!!!!!!!!!!!! I

It was the nursing-home cat!!!!!!!!!!!! Hhahahahahahahahaha, I don't mind telling you I almost had a toilet-accident!!!!! I'll never forget it!

xxxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby pinksandblues » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:48 am

Hi everyone .. I have had many experiences with spirits and i must say i find them a comfort rather than be fearful .. fragrences come through very strongly in our house of family that have passed and you know they are around , but i have seen spirits in my home and not said them my mum stayed and recounted seeing the same as me :?: ... i have had too many things happen not to beleive .. but if they mean me and my family no harm then they are welcome .. wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 am

I'm a big believer in the paranormal and it's something that interest's me a lot but something Iv' never really understood anything about until recently. Iv' noticed things as far back as I can remember and my mum and older sister have always considered me as being "strange" with some of the things Iv' mentioned.

I very rarely see thing's but sense a lot around me, non of which as ever frightened me as I just consider it to be normal. The only thing Iv' seen really clearly is my great grandad who I saw quiet often when I lived with my gandparents, he was a big family man and I always found it reassuring to see him. I also sense my grandad, who brought me up, to be there when I'm struggling with anything praticle like fixing the car. I don't know if it's his spirit or the fact that because I spent so much time with him when I was growing up I'm a lot like him :?

Our house is a new build and we sense very little here but my daughter quiet often see our old Staffy who was her shadow from the minuit she was born and she never went anywhere without him in tow. He passed on two years ago and she feel's like he never left. I also sense my old Boxer who passed on last year which is something I find reassuring as it means to me they both must have really enjoyed their time with us. :)

I like the questions the paranormal brings up for me and with the help of other ( :wink: ) I'm slowly begging to understand what it all means but when I answer 1 question it seems to open up a load more. :lol:

I'd also like to say it's nice to see people talking about their experiences as I think the more it's talked about the more anything paranormal will be accepted, it's not something to shove under the carpet as talking with others who understand brings more understanding. :D
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:18 pm

There are some great replies here so far,let's see if w can get more or at least keepthis thread alive for those new people that join and may be experiencing unusual happenings. :)

Wendy - you are so right in talking about the fragrances and that you feel they relate to your loved ones. Keep welcoming them hun and remind them that they are still loved and in your heart and they will continue to visit.

HArley - your link to your grandfather is strong and so therefore he will make his presence known in times of need, but that is not to say that he isn't there at other times - just that he makes it obvious when he feels more support is needed. Your darling dogs that both you and your daughter experience is also becoming more and more well known. Some time ago - and still to this day dependant on what you read - many people did not think or believe animals had souls/spirits, they were not evolved enough for that. Hpowever it is becoming more recognised that they do.

I myself have regularly had the pleasure of my old gsd - he was a 'gentleman' in life, and is still a 'gentleman' in spirit. I also had the pleasure many years ago of meeting up with my border collie x greyhound, he died in 1994 and his son who we had at the same time until he was two, went to live with hubby's brother. Zeus the son, died about 8 years after Rex. They both appeared one night playing and wrestling outside the front gate whilst our eldest was talking to his friend at the front door. He shouted me to come to the door and when I got there, both dogs stopped what they were doing, looked up at me, wagged there tails and promptly disappeared. What makes this more unusual is that if you had ever heard them playing in real life, you would have heard lots of play barks, growls etc - in fact by the noise they ised to make, anyone else hearing them would think they were actually attacking each other. During this play, not a noise or even a footstep could be heard. I feel they just wanted to come and let us know that they had found each other at rainbow bridge again.

November and december always proves to be 'busy' months spiritually in our house. So far this month, we have had beautiful green caterpillars ambling merrily across the outside doorstep/windowsills, we have had crystals just dropped out of thin air that have belonged in other rooms (apportation), we have the smell of candle wax, fresh cigarette smoke, the scent of the body lotion that I would rub my mum in laws legs and feet with - all these are the signs that relate to my mum in law even the caterpillars - it is her birthday today and yes she has been wished a wonderful 'day' just as she would have been on this realm. on the 29th is my father in laws birthday and with him will come the smell of burning - paper, rubber, plastic, wood etc - he died in a house fire.
Come december is the anniversary of my nan's death - that one will bring the smell of her kitchen which was always filled with homemade bread and cakes. My dad will bring with him on the 23rd dec, the smell of doublemint chewing gum and a sensation of him just being there. He will also no doubt meet me in my dreams to share a smile or take a walk with me.

Harley, yes uncovering some answers does just lead to more questions :lol: but as you say, the more this subject is talked about and understood, the less 'para' normal it becomes and then we will find it is normal after all.

Namaste
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi everyone oh im loving this post :D When i was about 3yrs old i woke my parents in the night to tell them my Nana was crying for me. A few hours later a message was sent to inform them that she had died. I know children are very open to these things. Sadly all of my family have passed my parents and 2 brothers. Awhile ago i saw a girl who read my cards and she told me that i scratched my head a lot and that it was my brother letting me know he was with me. Quite often when im going about my everyday things (fibro permitting ) i feel someone blow gently on my face. I too find this comforting mind sometimes when my itchy head gets on my nerves i shout at him to give it a rest LOL :roll:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:53 pm

My eldest sister is a twin but unfortunately our brother was still born and for years she couldn't come to terms with it, she went to see a spiritualist about her son who was off out to Iraq with the army, she wanted to know he would be looked after by his guides and the woman told her about her brother being with her and she explained that I was still alive and she said not me but your twin brother, now she knows he's with her all the time and she finds that really comforting.

I was always dubious of spiritualist before this but my sister who was a complete skeptic was completely blown away by the woman's knowledge as she'd never met her before and she just knew too much for it to be coincidence.

It's nice to know that people from our past's are still with us.
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:46 pm

I am so glad i started this thread.
My mum had a guardian Red Indian, and she often spoke of him comming for her one day - this actually happened.
Anyway i went for Indian Tarot reading a few months ago - and who came to me but this Indian Chief - and i was there to see if i could contact my father - but this whole reading was - dont worry about me i am fine, we are all fine here, but what about my Steven i am worrying about him - it was my dad worried about my son as i was too.
When my dad died i had a full month of every electrical thing in the house breaking, honestly two tvs, fridge freezer, our first computer delivered all broken, every part of it, the toaster, the tv again, the fridge, the washing machine, the cooker, the kettle - it just wnet on and on all month and when the 30th passed and the lst came it stopped as quickly as it came!!!
The night my Dad died i had a huge Red Admiral on Steven's window between the net and the curtain it was New Years Eve, the snow was up to the windows.(This happened again Christmas Day and New Years Day).
The first time My hubby who didnt believe, went up to close the curtains and he shouts come up now!! Look -look - at it he was freeking, so i took it in my hands where it stayed and put it outside saying we are fine now Dad its all ok.
My daughter had a bad accident and it came to her.
My son eventually found love and on his wedding day when he was sitting waiting for his bride it appeared and stayed on his kilt.
This butterfly comes to us in extreem happiness or great sadness, or upset - its my Mum i know it is as her love was REd Admirals and its a huge one, so not a normal little butterfly.
The electrical disturbances well its just normal for November, my bedroom tv has now been replaced by my daughters extra one, so we will see if it stops changing channels.
Yes i believe, why wouldnt i.
My daughter works in a hospice and there are many occurances of people who have passed and they have a whistling man.
Last month they had a black spirit in one of the bedrooms - the lady died within an hour - so she believes too.
She lost a child in hospice a few months ago and was very very upset, and was sitting in the day room cryingn as were most of the nurses, a little girl of 11 had died and it wasnt pleasant death - when in came the Red Admiral and kept going around her head, then sat on her knee - all the nurses just sat amazed, she said its ok gran im fine, just lost the wee girl, but im ok thanks for coming - and it disappeared.
So thats my take on things, but feelings i have when one of the family is upset before htey tll me too.
There are a lot of strange things in this world.
princess
(excuse the spelling today not feeling good at all).
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby *x*Pinky21*x* » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 pm

i'm big into this and it absolutely fascinates me. I went to see a medium and it was unbelievable what he knew what he couldn't possibly have know. Even telling me the future. It was fantastic.

I've also seen my dead grandfather and heard him come behind me fetching a really cold feeling with him but it was a nice experience once i got over the shock. I'm desperate to meet my grandma though in the after life. She died four years ago and i haven't seen her yet though i always feel her and sense her. But i'd like to be able to have a conversation with her. I miss her so much and i hope it'll happen one day. My mums grandma used to speak to her mum every saturday night when she got into bed. She used to come sit at end of bed and have full length conversations with her! I think its fantastic myself.
Wen times get tuff
n u feel alone,
the 1 place u want 2b
..is home.
Bt plz remember,
n nt 4get..
Lifes wot u make it,
dnt give up yet.
There's people who care,
who'll help u 2 cope,
wen u feel this way
rememba the cancer stricken child with no hope.
*x*Pinky21*x*
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I have always wanted to see but i never did.
However when i was ill during this year, i was sitting in bed watching tv and was aware of a voice saying Fiona! Fiona! then Fiona Campbell im talking to you!!!!! (my single name of course and thats what ws shouted if i was in trouble or they wanted my attention my full name) - I turned around and here was my dad in his blue striped pjs with his hanky in the top pocket, you know the old man pjs with the string tie lol - he was there for just a minute or so, but oh it did my heart good as i was feeling so very ill at that time.
Im sure he just popped in to let me know he was about and knew what was going on.

The lady i had the Indian Cards with dosent know me, or off me, as i havent bee down here for long and not many people know of me, only very little and certainly not my family stuff. Anyway she told me about loosing the babies, about my two very wanted children, about my granddaughter, told C she was about to move over water, she did 2 months later, she told me that i would be wise to be very careful of the girl with the black curly hair who had just had a baby (my new daughtr in law) and some personal things. They have all came true and they have all been 100% right.

There is a medium in Stonehaven 10 miels away and come the new year my daughter an di are going to see her seperately to see what she has to say - she comes with great recommendation of lady in village. So that will be very interesting.

The hospice they have a whistler upstairs in day room for nurses - one of the Drs went up heard it and raked all over the place to find who was whistling - it stops as you reach the top step and then starts when you go to second on way down - he was just freeking as scared, but one of the spiritual nurses took him aside and said the whistler has been here since we opened (new building on old hospital ground) - and this is all that happens. Now he is ok and jokes about the whistler. They also have footsteps in corridor at certain time each night when everyone is asleep.

As i say strange things in this world.

princess

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 pm

i dont think it is the same nursing home as i dont come from scotland. lol i have had lots of things happen over the years....... my bedroom light used to flick on then off again. even though there was no problem with electrics. and i hav ehad things go missing only to turn up in the most odd places. at the nursing home. we also saw a lady standing over a nother lady. but this lady we saw had died two years previous. the lady she was standing over died the next day. very sppoky. also i sat feeding a lady in her room. and it was just me and another senior carer on the floor. she left the room and as i thought five minutes later came back. but all i saw was two black shoes, no legs or anything. but still thopught it was my mate. anyway i asked her when i had finished what she wanted and she said she had been on the phone the whole time to the gp. and it was a logged call. so i new it couldnt of been her. plus there was no visitors. the upstairs staff couldnt get into us unless they bussed and we let them in.

also a lday who had passed away just before i started my shift. i went to lay her out as you do in a nursing home, with another member of staff. and we couldnt get her teeth back in for love or money as she had the onset of rigamortis bless her. and anyway just as we said we couldnt get the teeth in so we would have to leave it. her teeth pot fell into the sink. but her teeth came flying across the room and dropped at my mates feet..... it was no way possible that it had just falling into the sink, as the sink was deep and wouldnt of flew out.

this is just a few of the things ive seen or heard. and i could tell you lots. but some freak me out as they was too true to be anything else.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics