So you believe in he spirit world?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: So you believe in he spirit world?

Postby princess » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

This is the Trading post i was telling you about.
Its actually closing at the end of the week as the owners are not getting any free time, the door goes and the phone goes all the time.
So they are moving into the next village with the tepee and only going to do a few things from now on, they want to have a peaceful retirement.
Sadly missed - a great place to meet and exchange stories.
I had an American Indian reading and it was amazing as was the Rekki.
princess
Attachments
jew5.jpg
jew5.jpg (49.89 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
greywolfwww.jpg
greywolfwww.jpg (199.97 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
drum2.jpg
drum2.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 am

I would be in my element there princess, what a pity they are retiring - tell them to leave the tepee up, I'll move in on saturday :D :D :lol: :lol:
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby nixie33 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Ever since I was 7 i've been able to sense and see things. I still have my grandad come to visit even though he passed when I was 15 but it is reassuring that he is keeping watch over me and see's my children grow.
My parents used to think there was something wrong with me and put me in hypnotherapy but they refused to see me after I started speaking fleunt french during a session, (something which by the way i cannot do).
I have had some nasty things come my way over the years but always i keep myself surrounded by light and love and know that I am safe.
My 2 year old daughter has seemed to inherited my traits too as while on holiday in wiltshire we visited West Kennet long barrow, a place that from the start she was terrified to enter got as far as the door and just screamed, after we left we was walking back down the hill when in a voice that was not hers she says" Help me it's dark and I'm scared". Of course we we're abit worried but constantly reassured her she was ok and asked her if she could see a light, she said no but after a while she pointed toward s the tree which has offerings in of pagan ritual and said it was down there, we told her to go toward it and then she was back to normal as if nothing had happened, laughing and running around with her brothers was all very strange but she slept well that night!
nixie33
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:36 pm

nixie - what a very interesting story and I am so glad that you did not tell your daughter that she was just imagining things, as in my opinion, that is how fear of spirit begins. I'm glad everything returned to normal for her quite quickly :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Nixii,

There is a wonderful Anglo-Saxon poem about a barrow and the spirit that is trapped inside, it's called The Wife's Lament. Anglo Saxons wouldn't live near or visit these barrows because they were very superstitious about them; they believed that restless spirits were trapped within -maybe they knew more than we give them credit for?

Very interesting story, thanks for sharing xxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby nixie33 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm just glad that I have people who don't just try to rationalalise what happened as there is no other explanation other than what it was, she was just used by a spirit who needed to pass over.
The whole area where the long barrow is is full of presense and i love to go down to wiltshire and the Avebury area.
I will have to look the poem up as i'm intriuged now.
xxx
nixie33
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm

The Wife's Lament

I relate this very mournful riddle about myself,
about my own journey. I am able to relate
those miseries that I endured since I grew up,
of new and old ones, never more than now
Forever I have suffered the torment of my exile.
First my lord went away from the people
over tossing waves; I had anxiety at dawn
about where in the land my leader of the people might be,
Then I departed on my journey to seek a refuge,
a friendless exile because of my woeful need.
The kinsmen of the man began to think.
through secret consideration, that they would separate us,
so that we two would live furthest apart in this worldly kngdom,
most hatefully; and yearning occupied me.
My cruel lord commanded me to be taken here.
I possessed few dear ones in this region,
loyal friends; because of that my mind is mournful.
Then I found for myself a very suited man to be
ill-fated, sad at heart,
having a concealing mind, intending violent crime,
but with a cheerful bearing. Very often, we two vowed
that nothing would part the two of us
except death alone; afterwards, that has turned around.
It is now as if it never were
the friendship of us two. Far and near I shall endure
that feud of my beloved.
He commanded me to dwell in the wood's grove
under an oak tree in the earth-cave.
Old is this hall in the earth; I am all worn out with longing.
There are dark valleys, high hills,
bitter enclosures overgrown with briars:
a dwelling place deprived of joy. Very often here the departure of my lord
cruelly laid hold of me. Beloved ones are on the earth,
loved ones living, occupying a bed,
while I walk alone at dawn
under the oak tree through these earth-dwellings.
There I must sit the summer-long day,
where I can only weep about my exile,
about many hardships; because of this I cannot ever
rest from the sadness of my heart,
or from all the longing, which takes hold of me in this life.
The young man may always be sad in mind,
hard-hearted in thought, just as he must have
a happy appearance despite the grief in his breast
of a multitude of perpetual sorrows, whether it is that all his
joy in the world is at his own disposal, or whether far and wide
he is outlawed in a distant country, so that my beloved sits
under rocky cliffs assaulted by a storm,
a lord sad at heart, surrounded by water,
in a dismal hall. My beloved suffers
much mental torment; he remembers too often
a more joyful dwelling. It is misery for those who, longing,
have to wait for a loved one.
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 pm

The poem sounds beautiful in the original Old English, its very haunting. Its about a young woman who is murdered and buried in 'an earth-cave', a 'hall in the earth' -what we call a barrow. She is deprived of a Christian burial and is hidden in this pagan place, and because of this her soul will be forever in torment. She haunts the barrow.

Sad poem and it reflects the Anglo-Saxon belief that these neolithic sites were unlucky and haunted by restless spirits. Maybe your daughter saw one of them? xxxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Such soulfull words Hedgewitch - but beautiful all the same.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write it all, your arms and hands must have really ached after that.
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm

I have often wondered, so forgive me if i ramble here - but i lost my sister, my dad and my mum - also years ago babies.
What is your take on unborn babies and the afterlife.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Princess hun,

I believe that if there is no one from this realm already there to greet their spirit, then their soul family returns ofr them, to nurture them until it is time for them to either return again to the physical or until they develop into higher energies themselves. Either way they are never left alone.
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 am

I think its amazing that, no matter how much scientists have tried and no matter how advanced their technology has become, scientists have still not come any closer to locating the whereabouts of the human soul/mind/self/spirit. They know where the brain is, what its various parts do but the question still remains -how do we know that we are individual from everyone else? Where is the 'thing' that tells us I am my 'self'? Where is the 'thing' that everyone agrees is no longer with the body when we have taken our last breath? These questions have sparked massive amounts of scientific study and philosophical debate and yet, still, no one is any nearer finding an answer.

So, religion, science, anthropology and philosophy all agree in the existence of a soul/mind/self/spirit but where is it and where does it go?

If the above fields of study can't give an explanation then who's to say that the soul/mind/self/spirit doesn't remain 'lost' sometimes or even have travelled to a realm where it dwells with other souls? It seems to me that this is no less likely that any other explanation put forward by scientists and the like. However, it does seem interesting that since human beings evolved they have believed in the soul and ancestors and the need to be buried in the correct way; rituals surrounding burial have always been important and a respect for the dead seems to have come about very early in human development. Why is it that humans seem to have an innate belief in respect for the dead and the soul of the departed if this is irrelevant? As I said, science is no nearer providing an explanation so, who's to say your beliefs are any less valid than anyone else's?

xxxxxxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby nixie33 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 pm

A couple of years ago I miscarried and I always knew we was having a girl right from when we first found out.
When we lost her my Grandad came to me in a dream and told me he'd take care of her and he walked down the road of my childhood home with my blond haired girl holding his hand. I know that she is in good hands and has a perfect gaurdian angel watching over her for me.
nixie33
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 pm

I lost 3 girls and 3 boys - i have always known and i have always felt that they were being looked after by my paternal gran and papa.
Dont ask me how - its just a feeling that has been with me for many years.
(We adoped two babies)
My son was a big red haired baby
My daughter was a small underweight black haired baby with hart and feeding problems.
When my Mum met each one she went into tears, my sister who died was a big red haired baby and i was an underweight heart baby with feeding problems.
He words will ring in my ear always - i told you there was a baby out there for you, you just had to believe!!!!
My son is so like my Dad its unbelievable and my daughter is my mum's double - its so very strange but so comforting.
Strange eh
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Jojostar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 am

Hi princess,I certainly believe in the spirit world,I've lost my brother (murdered ) my twin sister she was 36, and my mum,but ivealways felt like the spirit worlds watching over me,and am really comfortable with it,I'm really bad with fiber at the min and am going for hypnotherapy on Friday,am in process of trying to find a fm friendly gp,went to see mine yesterday and he told me fm was all in my head,so hopefully hypnotherapy might help,at the least itl maybe help me be at peace with my life and sort my head out,I'll let you know how it goes take care :fingerscrossed:
Jojostar
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics