Facebook users... need to know.

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Facebook users... need to know.

Postby gillshutt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Have a look at this: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/16/20091121/tt ... 15470.html

Apparently she had her setting to family and friends only so you need to be careful what you put up on there, you have no idea who's watching :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: Facebook users... need to know.

Postby Harley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:33 pm

We had a guy on a VW forum I visit posting pictures of himself at the summit of Snowdon, he was supposed to be wheel chair bound and was claiming DLA :roll: He also got investigated and was ordered to pay back quiet a lot of money.

I think with anything it all comes down to common sense although being done for looking happy is a bit extreme. I have no worries as I a grumpy old git. :lol:

I wouldn't put anything anywhere on the net that I wouldn't be happy for anyone to see, I don't even trust online banking even though it's supposed to be safe .
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Hence the reason I don't do face book Gill - as you say you never know who's watching.
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Yes you need to be careful - but then if you tell the truth you have nothing to worry about
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Harley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 pm

princess wrote:Yes you need to be careful - but then if you tell the truth you have nothing to worry about

I think you hit the nail well and truly on the head there princess :clap:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:38 pm

I agree Princess - but I still dont like the idea of facebook, my space, bebo, twitter etc - to intrusive for my liking.
As it is I claim nothing at all with regards disability/invalidity benefits or whatever they are called so I have nothing at all to worry about on that score - although I do know of a few people that suddenly become more 'disabled' every couple of years - wish I knew what their secret miracle medicine was as they are always back on their feet again quickly enough :?
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 am

Trouble with FM is that it's so variable and also we sometimes push through it or suffer afterwards because of wanting a few hours of normality :(

Also if this woman was being treated does that mean she's supposed to not have it in case it makes her feel better for ten minutes every day :? Do you have to suffer 24/7 before you get anything from the government? For all they know she's housebound and scared of her own shadow if she leaves her comfort zone but ok within her own 4 walls.

You can't base a decision on a photo people put on a front for others and if someone was taking your picture you may well smile even though you feel like cr*p.

Not going to happen to me, I hate having my photo taken so if anyone does get one it'll show some hair and the back of my hand :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:21 am

Edit: :wink:
Last edited by Mr.A on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks MrA :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:31 am

Harley wrote:
princess wrote:Yes you need to be careful - but then if you tell the truth you have nothing to worry about

I think you hit the nail well and truly on the head there princess :clap:

I agree to :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to General Topics