Christmas isnt.............................................

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Christmas isnt.............................................

Postby princess » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Christmas isnt always happy for everyone.
Myself its going to be drastic with all the family fueding..........................but please if you have an elderly neighbour, or a girl with kids on here own, or hubby away, please take a minute to say Merry Christmas.
Some elderly people dont have anyone to speak too for days.
Just a thought....................................................................
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Christmas isnt.............................................

Postby unigirl1981 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

too true Princess, we all have to keep an eye out at this time of year!

i belong to a church and most of its work in this season is visiting older people, organising dinners, dances, socials etc and it is important!!

Mel
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 pm

I have handed in 20 cards (handmade) and tissues and shampoo - to go to the UK troops in Afgan via my Craft Club.
Also donate to Barnardoes and Cancer Research £10 - so thats my good dead for the year lol
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby nanatigtig » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

a smile and s good morning are free, and contaigous. sorry my spelling is bad tonight.
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:20 am

as you said many people forget about those on there own...... we looked after two elderly neighbours for years until they died and now only have foreign neighbours etc. as we have no elderly around us. but hey we still give to charity.

i worked in a nursing home and it ws an eye oepner how many patients ha dno visitors over christmas. but they soon turned up when they thought the patient was dying.... enough said i think....

people and families are not just there to be that bit extra cash when they die.. they are human and have feelings and without them you wouldnt be here. so give them a thought.... they deserve the best. even if you only visit for half an hour it will make their year. xxx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics