[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - snow snow snow..................

snow snow snow..................

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: snow snow snow..................

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

We've finally started to drip here :)

Yesterday was awful :shock: this is my back garden yesterday afternoon...
Attachments
me n snow 002.jpg
me n snow 002.jpg (47.95 KiB) Viewed 587 times
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby ladymanvers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Wow Gill; that looks heavy!

I've got gulls feeding in my garden today; they don't usually land and feed in gardens.
The snow is still there but I put a thermometer out and it IS 4C so eventually it will melt I hope.
And then comes the flooding but luckily not for me as I'm high up and looking DOWN into the River Trent valley.

At least we're not suffering like those poor, poor Haitian people after the earthquake..it's difficult to even imagine the devastation and the emotions they must be experiencing.. :cry:

Off out to Morrison's soon (I get a lift and help with lifting and packing my shopping thank goodness but the UNpacking is so, so tiring - I've a mind to EAT it all before I put it away.)

Today is the first day of my 'diet'; I can NEVER do diets cos of hypoglaecemia and needing to snack every two hours but I've put on a stone over the last three months; can't understand it as my weight was steady (slightly overweight) for 5 years and now I'm ballooning. Doc said it was underactive thyroid but it wasn't.

Found an old GI booklet; will have to shop with that in mind...I did try a sweet potato and pea curry recipe that was in The Times the other week and it was delicious; I did spiced basmati rice with it but being a greedy carnivore I did garlicky lamb steaks with it too...could eat that NOW but got bloomin' soup :(

Ju.xx :wave:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 am

Rain, rain, rain... or slush slush slush here. It's melting on the roads but the pavements are covered still. Hubby's car is playing up so he's taken mine... now I can't get the kids to school even though they are open today :roll: No way am I walking in this... I'd be flat on my back before I got out of the close, and eldest son has a bad back so I can't expect him to walk in it either... youngest isn't old enough to go on his own so we are all stuck in the house still!
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby ladymanvers » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 am

That's what I feel; my balance is so poor I haven't risked more than a yard or two's walk on the ice when absolutely necessary; everyone thought I was being just lazy or 'mardy' or something but better safe than sorry, we know our limitations...

It's raining heavily here now and the snow is slowly receding at the edges though I'm surprised with the amount of rain it hasn't disappeared yet....

If the weather forecasters are to be believed, we'll be getting out our sun loungers on Sunday (8C) :lol:

Ju.xx :wave:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:42 am

We have rain now. :roll:
Just hope it clears our road, its still icy from the first lot of snow.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ruremi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Sorry to hear of all that snow guys.

Must have been the blue moon on Hogmanay but our village has been spaired not more than about 2inch at the most here. Only youngest missed one day cause of burst pipe other two kids not happy all Aberdeenshire schools were closed and Fife, Dundee, etc had schools closed but not us all business as usual.

Not that I am complaining though it is very grey now with all this flamin' rain almost wish the snow would come here.
We are just waiting for ours which usually comes around Feb/March time.

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby plodonsue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Its been bad here in herefordshire. Iv only been out side twice since just before christmas and today was the 2nd time. I am housebound at the moment as DLA said I wasnt disabled enough and took my mobility car of me making me house bound. My daughter was off school only twice also but she has to walk to school now as I can no longer take her which I hate as I paraniod about child safty on the streets. She doesnt mind it as it makes her feel more mature (she is 10) she is using it to her advantage and trying to get me to buy her a mobile phone but I dont think she is mature enough for that, she would swop it for a tube of smarties in a heart beat lol. She has no knowledge of value and the more I try to tell her the more she forgets it. lol.

Anyway sorry got side tracked there. Im glad the snow has gone here but now were worried about flooding as our town is on the edge of a river and if that floods we are cut off and my husband cant then get to work and having him moaning about not getting in to work is enough to drive anyone crazy. lol :clap:
plodonsue
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 pm

I know I would rather have a house full of kids than a hubby who can't get to work when they are supposed to!!!!!!

Hope that river doesn't flood. :nono:

We had a fair bit of rain last couple of days and lots of puddles and high rivers but we are far enough away from it so no worries except the roads.
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 pm

the snow has gone but the rain is here
the river is over its banks already
we are forecast for more snow on wed ??
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to General Topics