RAGE AGAINST THE FIBRO..sorry, MACHINE!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RAGE AGAINST THE FIBRO..sorry, MACHINE!

Postby ladymanvers » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:50 pm

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!

They did it - yeehh! I had this one years ago when my son was young (well, HE got it, thinking it'd shock me and I loved it!). Is it only me that likes this kind of music? Only wish I could still DANCE to it - he, he, he :wink:

Ju.x
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Re: RAGE AGAINST THE FIBRO..sorry, MACHINE!

Postby smiler22 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 am

i dont like this at all.... i do like most kinds of music but not this one...... i liked joe the climb song........ i find it really horrible that someone decide to do this on the net and stop a song form becoming number one just becaus ethy hate or supoosed to hate sinom cowell or x factor....

what happened to a song becoming number one because people wanna buy it....i find this so wrong.... poor joe he has done noting wrong bu tpeople have gone along with a internet hate campaign...

it should be a case of these television programes being about the singers who can sing. not about who has the sob story or a hate campaign about a celebrity....

lets hope that people can learn from this an dget it right in the future,... buy the songs you like for the true reasons not just to get on the band wagon so to speak....
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 am

Hi

yes I agree smiler. I voted for Joe from about 3rd week. Downloaded his single. On Amazon it says his album will be out in Oct 2010. I've already pre-ordered it. He his a charming young man, not cocky, not big-headed just a young lad who wants to sing..

I think if they wanted this campaign why didn't they choose an artist who were battling for the no1, instead of a song made years ago. No doubt it was one of their favourites. Yes I do realize it does seem unfair that every year no one else gets a chance of no1 because of the x factor. But I only download it if I like it. I downloaded last years but not previous ones.

Anyway I'm sure Joe is just grateful for winning, his time will come for him to have a number 1.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:54 am

I think the guy who organised the campaign was just making a fair point that everything seems so stitched up and orchestrated these days - and , in my opinion, that applies to so many areas of life - global village is good but where's the individualism and spontaneity that used to make life exciting and unpredictable?...........the only thing unpredictable for us is where the next Fibro symptom will hit!! :roll:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby BoveySusie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm

ladymanvers wrote:I think the guy who organised the campaign was just making a fair point that everything seems so stitched up and orchestrated these days

Was it a fair point though - surely the guy who organised it is guilty of behaving in that very same way - he stitched up Joe's chances of a Christmas No. 1 to get back at Simon Cowell and orchestrated the whole campaign on Facebook :dunno: It wasn't exactly a fair fight :!:
I think Lorraine has it right tho' - Joe will hopefully go on to have a lasting career...
Can't exactly see 'Rage' on any future Christmas CD's :!: :!:
Sue x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:03 pm

I love it when this sort of upset happens hehe....

Mind you not the sort of xmas song i would have chosen but so funny how people are flapping over it all :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's who's the number one. Don't much like Rage Against and I REALLY hate the X Factor.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Carrot-k-os » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Just to see Simon Cowells face when he was being interviewd about the Facebook Rebellion was Priceless :D
\m/ Metallia are the best band in the world \m/
Carrot-k-os
UKFM Newbie

Postby ladymanvers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello carrot-k-os,

Finally someone who agrees!
Nah, I'm not really a spoilsport; just X-factor stuff not my kinda thing!
Metallica good, yeh....

Ju.x :tongueout:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 am

*Lisa* wrote:I love it when this sort of upset happens hehe....

Mind you not the sort of xmas song i would have chosen but so funny how people are flapping over it all :lol:

It's made me laugh, what with all the ooo arr!! :lol: :lol:

I'm personally glad that Rage are at number 1 but only because I'v been a fan of theirs for years. I agreed with the idea behind the FB group but didn't like the organisers attitude as he is a bit of a dictator (much like messers Cowel and co) and I didn't buy it as I have the album with the better version on it. :lol:

Might have been better if the Muppets had got to number 1 :clap:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:42 pm

i personally dont mind who gets to number one i only buy if i like the songs....

but saying that i still tink that the people who organise these such things through facebook are on ly trying to get noticed like they hav ethrough the media and therefore should cause a racus about things that actually matter such as getting better benefits for the elderly etc and also looking after people who need to be looked after such as us who need the dla and etc sorted out as to who exactly can claim and who cant as it seems different in different areas of the counrty.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby stargrrlclaire » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Harley wrote:
*Lisa* wrote:I love it when this sort of upset happens hehe....

It's made me laugh, what with all the ooo arr!! :lol: :lol:

I'm personally glad that Rage are at number 1 but only because I'v been a fan of theirs for years. I agreed with the idea behind the FB group but didn't like the organisers attitude as he is a bit of a dictator (much like messers Cowel and co) and I didn't buy it as I have the album with the better version on it. :lol:

Might have been better if the Muppets had got to number 1 :clap:

I agree about the muppets, now that would've been AWESOME! I like RATM, and Joe's got new year's number one. So everyone wins now! xxx
Reach for the moon, if you fail, you'll fall among the stars...
Lots of love,
Claire xxx
stargrrlclaire
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics