"Well, ee good god"

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

"Well, ee good god"

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:39 am

Please excuse the Welshism but I felt it had to be done.
Just been talking to my mate on MSN. Known this woman since I lived in London, which I left in 92...... so I've known her a while, only been back in touch the last couple of months via msn. She's always asked how I was and I've duly winged about being ill for a bit. Tonight she mentioned that she had "Yuppie flu" that affected her arms. The more she said the more I realised that she had Fibro. She said she was diagnosed with fibrositis years ago. I was gutted for her .....but I've dragged her here and have asked her to join. I hope she does cos she'd been given no info about it at all. She's lovely, so I know you will all love her. She's also as mad as a bag of frogs and sarky to boot! :twisted:
Should be fun! :roll: :lol:
Buffy x
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Lynda » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:31 am

hope she takes your advise an joins us buffy..............sounds like she will fit right in!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing old is essential..........growing up isnt ;-)
Lynda
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Not another Peggy?!!!! :roll:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:55 pm

Entirely Possible! :lol:
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:53 pm

:o Where is she then Buffs? :?
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:09 pm

whereabouts were you in London Buffy, I used to live in Holborn, flat looked over Leather Lane Market.......... I miss London sometimes, but then I go there and can't wait to get back to good ol Essex. My sons are off there tomorrow to see the cars that are doing the Gumball Rally, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure they'll have a good time.

Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 am

I was in the heart of the East End.
Roman Road, Upton Park and all that. LIved In Bow, Mile End and Stratford. I loved it. I don't get back very often but I have loads of fond memories.
And Joo :P I don't think she's gonna join, she has had a look around but I'm not sure if forums are her thing. So there :P
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:55 am

she has had a look around but I'm not sure if forums are her thing.

how could she look round our friendly home and not want to join us thats saddens me greatly that we are not up to her standards :( :( :cry: :cry:

Ian

me thinks it's another Peggy really and buffs just don't want to admit it
I blame the fibro fog for anything i say or do
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:17 am

Look, Ian, me old mate,
She is real ......and I don't think it was that she didn't like the forum , I think she found it interesting........it's just not her bag at the moment. So double there :P :P :P :P :P

Maybe she saw your posts and ran away!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:34 am

Hi Buffy,I am originaly from the east end of London.I was born in Leyton,lived in Stratford too,well Plaistow actually.My Dad was born in Mile End. :)
I moved to Essex in 1981,been back a few years ago but so much has changed.
Take Care
Ritaxx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:37 am

hmmm Mile End, I liked going down there, my boy Cameron used to go to the hospital there to see his consultant. Great market stalls. We also used to go to Brick Lane for Bagels and the shops and market. There was always so much to do, really, this Witham is a very boring little town when I think about it, but the (usually) lack of heavy traffic and crowds in the town go some way to making up for it... I suppose.
I just spoke to my boys who are on their way down to London for the gumball rally cars, they left at 10 to 9, had to get off the train at romford, spent an hour on the bus to Stratford and sound a little bitty pissed off, late, I sure don't miss those things. :x

Kristine :wink:
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:46 am

I worked at New Ham General and my tube stop was Plaistow, my first childminder lived there too.I started off at Bromley by Bow and then moved around a bit over the next 6-7 years... I went to london single and came home married with 2 kids! That was not part of the plan...lol.
I loved the east end, I met some excellent people, learnt a lot about multiculturalism and got mugged, so developed a healthy fear of walking alone in the dark.....which was a bagger for those 7 am starts in the winter. :(
My friends have now moved to Rainham(?) Have I got that right?

I loved London....it was a great experience. :D
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:30 pm

I never had the misfortune to get mugged and only ever once witnessed any kind of violence in my area, did see a robbery in Belsize Park once though, shots were fired and people were crouching down behind parked cars, felt like a scene from a movie, I kept trying to watch and my sister kept trying to drag me into the tube :roll:
I did though invite some people into to my flat and got robbed, they said they were friends of someone I knew and back then I was a bit naive, these guys were clever enough to separate me and my son, (I was a single parent) and my one tried to sexually assault me, when I told him to get out he half inched my camera, which I was still paying for and had holiday snaps on it that I really wanted.........b**tard!!! Taught me a bit about multiculturalism too.

I had loads of people stay at that flat from all over the world, never had any trouble, even managed on several occasions to go to bed and leave the front door open on hot summer nights (yes.... we do have them)

There were two films made in and around Leather Lane, it was fun to watch, but it must be so boring for the actors, I watched one scene filmed many times over, the actors not in the scene just sat on a double decker bus. I never did get to see the film..........

I miss Brick Lane Bagels!!!!!!!!!

Byeee
Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:12 pm

I walked in on a bank robbery once.... In Forest Gate, The Midland as it was then.... I stepped in to see a man with a sawn off saying 'give me all your money or I'll blow your F**king head off' I did a 360 turn and just stood outside the bank faffing about, i didn't even stop anyone else going in, the rest of the customers were lined up against a wall with their hands up.... then the guy ran out with a bag, into a waiting car and drove off.... I stood faffing for a minute or two longer and then went and caught my bus for work....lol. Nobody made a big deal out of it, I don't think it even made the local rag.
I was mugged outside the main entrance to St Andrew's hospital.. at 7am on a Sunday morning. Some people have no scruples!
Part of life's rich tapestry.
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, but the picture of you standing outside the bank "faffing About" just strikes me as hilarious, I think sometimes we just don't believe what we are seeing so we don't do anything.

What does get me upset are the stories of ambulance people, nurses, firemen etc who get attacked when they are trying to do their job, mostly kids I know, but imagine what would happen if we gave them a kick up the arse for being little twats :evil: :evil: Yeah, up in court and probably a jail sentence to boot.

Life's rich tapestry as you say...

Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics