[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Article in daily mail today ...

Article in daily mail today ...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Article in daily mail today ...

Postby Joanne C » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 am

about a woman who has a painkiller addiction - like I did have / still have, and she also has fibro.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... opper.html

It really is a good read - if you know what i mean.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: Article in daily mail today ...

Postby velvet » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 pm

i have a couple of points about it

1 - her description of her life as a "drug addict" is almost exactly like mine - not going out not getting dressed no social life someone else having to do the chores etc etc etc. only i am not taking the drugs!! i may take 8 paracetomol a day usually 6 and if the pain is really really bad i take a codiene phosphate (which when mixed with paracetomol is co-codamol) and 20 mg amitryptoline.

2 - i will never ever take more of a drug than the doctor has told me too - and i have never heard of a doctor authorising 12 co codamol and 12 tramadol a day.

not wanting to be nasty, we all appreciate what hell this condition is but i have to ask if she has used addiction as a denial of her fibro - after all an addict can at any point make the choice to start cutting down and start recovering and that is something we cannot do with fibro.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby ladymanvers » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:41 pm

very good points velvet! :wave: Ju.x
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:55 pm

I agree totally velvet. She blames everyone but herself BUT she was the one who started overdosing on the things. She chose to take more than she should, she didn't read the leaflets or ask anyone about what she was taking and she went out to find extra drugs. She knew she was doing wrong because she hid it from her partner.

There's a whole deal of difference between addiction and dependency... a lot of us are dependent but we don't turn it into addiction, she did that not her GP.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics