[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - sometimes i realise i am the exact same person i always was

sometimes i realise i am the exact same person i always was

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sometimes i realise i am the exact same person i always was

Postby velvet » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 pm

once upon a time before fibro (or at least before i knew i had it and i wasnt a problem) i had a husband who despite constant requests just would not do anything with the back garden. one day he went out with friends for most of the day - when he came back he found me 3/4 of the way through double digging the entire area (take a forkful of top soil take the forkful underneath it put the topsoil in the bottom of the hole and the stuff from the bottom on top) - he wasnt happy it doesnt make a man look good when he comes home to find his wife has done one of the "man" jobs and done it better than he would of. so that is the type of person i was - if the person who was supposed to do something didnt then i would do it myself.

which brings us to now - a couple of days ago we picked up a kingsized divan bed from freecycle. i did my half of the bedroom to get the old one out my OH did 3/4 of his side (we are untidy hoarders both) before we picked it up. my thinking was get it home, he finish his side and together get old one out and new one in. his thinking appears to have been get the new mattress upstairs dump both halves the base in the front room and leave everything. well fibro or not i want the new bed - its my half of the old one that has the massive hole in it which is uncomfortable and doesnt aid good sleep. well he told me the base halves we really heavy for him to move as he goes out to help a neighbour with a computer problem but i though sod it they cant be that heavy. they arent. for a fit me we are talking less than half hours work to swop the beds - its taking a bit longer than that as i am having to rest and no doubt i will be paying for this for the next week or 2 (which may not be a bad thing as have DLA app in and am waiting for a phone call asking if the doc can possibly come around without 7 days notice) but at least tonight i am in my new (for me) bed.

still the same person - if the person who is supposed to do something i do it myself.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: sometimes i realise i am the exact same person i always was

Postby Miss sleepy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 pm

cant help but smile at that velvet - I know EXACTLY where you are coming from hehe. :clap:
Really hope you arent paying tooo much for it! (or at least if you have to suffer it is of benefit to your application)
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Thank dog it's not just me with things like this. Even tho Oh and son do "help" me in their own way, it's still easier for me to things myself. At least I know it'll be done, and done properly 8) Hope your suffering is made a bit better with your new bed and you manage to get some better sleep :sleep: :sleep:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby velvet » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 pm

yes well another part of me that is exactly the same is my habit of being over optimistic :crazy: i got the whole old bed out and half the base of the new one in......... and am sat here wondering how the hell i am going to manage the other half :yikes: and knowing if i dont i may well not have anywhere to sleep tonight. the man keeps strange hours and often doesnt go to bed till 3 or 4 in the morning and i just cant do that so he wont notice the problem till i am curled up on the floor somewhere hopefully asleep.

ah well we know the pain isnt actually indicative of any real damage and that no matter how much my shoulders tell me they are covered in lit petrol they arent in reality and like you say completion is its own reward. the male will get his come uppance because he has to put up with me in far more pain than i should be - and i wont be nice :twisted:
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

ok its done - i have a bed. the male condescended to help...sort of.

still tonight to bed perchance to sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :woot: :woot: :woot:
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:16 am

hope you dont suffer too much for all your effort in getting the beds changed over .... and hopefully you had a good sleep to make up for it xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 am

I have always been like that as well, if a job needs doing then its easier to do it by myself, the time it takes whoever to get up the job is done. :roll:
I know i cant do nowhere near half the stuff i used to but it dont stop trying me before i ask for help.

Hope you dont have to suffer to much velvet. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mr.A » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm

unfortunately i have always been one to ignore pain - when i was first diagnosed a physio remarked that this was a common trait she sees amongst those diagnosed with fibro - a tendancy to ignore pain signals and just carry on anyway.

on the flip side what else am i supposed to do? if i hadnt done it i would still have the new bed base in the front room and still be putting up with the old one with the hole in it? if i stop and give up doing anything every time i hurt i would never manage to do anything at all. the bloke trapped in the avalanche may be doing damage when he cuts his broken foot off but if he didnt he would die. i might be doing damage ignoring pain but if i didnt i wouldnt have a life of any sort.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics