[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Contacting an old friend but it's complicated, advice please

Contacting an old friend but it's complicated, advice please

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Contacting an old friend but it's complicated, advice please

Postby pinkfairygirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Well this is a rather strange thing that happened to me but when I was about 15 years old there was this GP at my surgery and when she left the surgery she made contact with me on a personal basis, we met for tea and went for meals and stuff but when I started college we ended up losing touch. Well I have been thinking I'd like to contact her and paid to find her number on a site but I am afraid this will scare her, also I know what she did, you know getting in touch with me, crossed certain boundaries. Do you think I should contact her?
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Re: Contacting an old friend but it's complicated, advice please

Postby RowanWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 pm

If it was on a friendly non professional basis then why not? Just like any old friends getting in contact again really. Is she not on Facebook or something similar?
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

That which doesn't kill me...had better run pretty damn fast.
RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Postby pinkfairygirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 pm

pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 am

could she of gotten married an changed er name, or moved from the area. if so maybe if you put a notice say in a national paper where they have the missing person or can you help find page. you could put in the details you know then it is printe din th epaper. then if she recognises herself or someone else recognise her she could then get in touch with you if she wanted to. then its up to her as if she finds it difficult to get in touch through being a doctor it is then on her terms if she wanst to get in touch.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 am

:idea: Does she know you have FM? If not, when you do contact her, tell her not you but "a friend" has fm and you're worried whether the illness is real or not and see what she says.

Would be a great oppertunity to get an insider's perspective, straight from the horses mouth.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi
As you were both friends once i am sure she would like to hear from you.
I am sure she will have times where she would have wondered what happened to you. :D

I often think about old friends and wonder what they are doing now, mail her.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

You could send her a letter and then just sit back and wait.
If she does contact you then you know she is a friend but if she dosent contact you then i would leave well alone.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby pinkfairygirl » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:18 am

pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics