immersing myself in music

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

immersing myself in music

Postby velvet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:57 pm

after a couple of years being to tired to struggle with it i have finally got music downloading again - as i have a very wide ranging taste in music i prefer getting track by track - anything from mozart to eminem to slayer to stuff people havent heard of (alien sex fiends, fields of the nepheli) to stuff people wish could remain forgotten like green jelly - so i am sitting here looking for each track as i remember it (this could take a while folks lol) and playing stuff i havent heard for ages.

bliss - and useful for the game "whats this then" played with my partner which involves putting on tracks and challenging the other person to identify them - seeing as he listens to more weird stuff than me it gets interesting but as he can be weak on mainstream stuff sometimes i am not completely disgraced
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: immersing myself in music

Postby princess » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 pm

WE all have something that helps us forget the pain for a wee while.
I love music, all types of music from Opera to Rock - so i can understand your passion for music
If it helps you get through the day then i say go for it.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 pm

i must admit the fun is the game with my partner, especially when one of us comes up with something we had forgotten.

mind you my ex had varied taste in music as well and our kids have benefited from all of the various input - one of my boys wanted just pink floyd played at his 7th birthday party......... we had to point out that actually a lot of adults would struggle with 3 hours of solid floyd his school mates wouldnt have a clue lol
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Think you might appreciate our eclectic music collection velvet, got lots of strange and peculiar things to listen to. We download random tracks that just mean something to us. I think mp3 players are one of the best inventions ever (and mobiles as well) as I can just put on and delete things whenever I want. DS is currently listening to cage the elephant, and has an interest in gaming related music, OH is currently coverting/downloading tracks from his vinyl collection and I'm bopping away to the footloose soundtrack after watching the film the other week. Who knows what I'll be using to loosen the wax from my ears next week :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics