Ladies bones please...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ladies bones please...

Postby hippychick » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Now this might sound crazy.....well we are all fibromites anyhoo right :lol: But there's something bothering me that I have never noticed before and would like other ladies out there to help me with this please :?

Could you put a finger on the nobbly end of each of your collar bones, (where they almost meet in line with your chin, if you see what I mean).

Then could you feel the space between the two boney ends and tell me if there's a 'dip' or a raised up lump?

I know I've always had a dippy bit but today when having my shower I noticed that it didn't feel...quite right and just want to know if I'm imagining this or if any other woman have the same thingy:?:

It's been playing on my mind all day, well at least while I've been awake :P

You can never be sure with this flaming fibro what's normal and what isn't.

Eagerly awaiting your results peeps....but if I don't acknowledge your replies straight away, please forgive me as it just means that I'll have nodded off again :!:

Many thanks and gentle huggles,
Hippychick
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:27 am

Hi Hippychick

You don't say what the difference was when you felt it to how it normally is, anyway mine goes in quite deeply, I don't know if this is correct or not. Hope you find the answer soon.
Speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Hippychick,

Mine has a dip in it and boy does it hurt if I press to hard!. If you are at all worried best see your GP as all that worrying plays havoc with your Fibro!

Gentle Hugs

Carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby netty39 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 am

:D Hi hippychick mine dips in too. I quite agree that if your worried you should get it checked

Take care
netty
netty39
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:08 am

Thanks for replying Holly and Carolyn. Mine feels like a sort of gristley lump but it defo WASN'T there before :!: I've still got a dippy bit above the lumpy bit, (sounding so-o-o-o attractive eh? :lol: ), but will mention this to the doc on my next visit.

GOTTA make that appointment for the results of my x-rays and recent blood tests but as I'm there on Friday afternoon for the dreaded smear test, (oh, thrilling.....legs up in agony! What joy :!: I'm coming back as a man when I'm reincarnated :twisted: ), it would be great if I could get the appointment for close to that time as I'm going to have to have my hubby drive me there anyhoo until I get the x-ray results.

Getting a bit obsessed by this lumpy bit now.....c-r-a-z-y woman that I am. The doc will probably take one look and feel and tell me it's something perfectly normal and that I've had it alllll my life, (but I'm sure I haven't :?: ).

What fun this Fibro journey is eh? Never know what's gonna happen next......exciting eh? :?

Hands up those who would rather have a boring, un-exciting mystery illness though :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: (Closest emoti thingy I could get near showing hands up :roll: ).

Gentle huggles,
Hippychick
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:30 pm

Do you have thyroid problems?
I noticed yesterday that the area you were talking baout seemed less dippy and uncomfortable to be pressed.
I'm thinking Goitre...... I 'm going to mention it next time I see the quack.
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:59 pm

BuffyBoo wrote:Do you have thyroid problems?
I noticed yesterday that the area you were talking baout seemed less dippy and uncomfortable to be pressed.
I'm thinking Goitre...... I 'm going to mention it next time I see the quack.

Tbh, this would have been my first thought too buffy, but so far all thyroid tests have come back competely normal. So nice for me to have anything NORMAL :P

Mind you, I've yet to get the results of the latest one. Have now got my appointment....next Thursday..groannnnn :cry: Was trying to get squeezed in when I have my cervical smear test this Friday afternoon but sadly my own GP's not on then and I want to see him this time, having suffered the other one for my last, (emergency), visit. And he wasn't too happy that I'd 'bothered him'either. After giving me forms for blood tests and x-rays his parting words were, 'Oh, I see you're usually Dr. ****** patient. Please make sure you see him next time' Dagnamit...nobody wants us :lol: :lol: :lol:

When this lumpy bit popped up though, thoughts did once again drift towards thyroid but if my nursing memory serves correct, (now that would make a change for a fibromite eh :?: ), the goitre is a wee bit higher than where this gristly lumpy bit is. Am defo gonna mention it to the doc though.

Poor bloke's gonna wonder what's hit him when I hobble in next week armed with reams of info about fibro and copies of the letters from the Rheumo that I know he's got too...somewhere in the mountain that is my paper records :wink: Think tbh that they just tend to bother with whatever's on the puter screen these days, so he'll have to rummage a bit to find these letters unless he wants to keep the copies of mine that I'm taking him, (keeping my originals natch).

Am I right in thinking that you think you might be getting a goitre too buffy :?: I'd guess that you've already had some thyroid tests in the past too :?:

Gawd this weather is unbearable and no good for us lot at all. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be hoping for thunder :!: :shock:

Gentle huggles
Hippychick
hippychick
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics