[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - death

death

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

death

Postby chippyboz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 pm

:needhug: :pcsmash: as hobby i've kept chickens since sept last year . After getting up to let them out first thing then having tea in bed within half an hour I sat on the bed only to see a bloody fox jumping out of their run up and over the six ft fence
and leave me with nothing my three lovely girls were dead !!!!!! I was so upset it took about half an hour to stop crying and a lot of consoling from sharon it is great to have an interest to take your
Mind off the illness. Does any one else keep chucks ??? Hope every one is ok have a great easter

mind
chippyboz
UKFM Newbie

Re: death

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My husband wants some chickens but our garden isn't big enough. A few friends have lost there rabbits to fox's in mid afternoon.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Sorry to hear about what has happened to your girls :( We've got 3 ex batts, they adopted us October last year. Three very funny, cuddly characters. Touch wood, we haven't got a fox problem, neighbour down the road has had chooks for the past 3 yrs(ish) and hasn't seen a fox in that time. Have the best easter you possibly can :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mr.A » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:40 am

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. If it makes you feel any better I can no longer pursue any of my hobbies :(

PS: To be honest this thread should be under "", not "". Leniency for newbies of course :wave:
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 am

:( Sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am

Sorry about the chucks. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:47 pm

sorry to hear about your chickens. i have been looking at "getting into chickens" for about a year - my partner doesnt keep the garden downs and at least chickens would do that lol. my main problem is winter where i cannot for the life of me get up in the mornings to let them out.........and am knackered by the evening so would struggle to put them away. automatic doors are expensive.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 pm

sorry to hear about your chickens. it is not nice at all when you go and find that.... my nan used to keep chucks and a turkey. and the turkey was so nasty she had to take a frying pan out with her just in case. she did have to use it occasionally but it always got up and was ok, lol
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby chippyboz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm

:blowkiss: hi to everyone just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words about my chickens demise and is anyone on the meds called Savella I would be interested in any comments good or bad
chippyboz
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Choocks and Foxes dont go.
Foxes can be very sly and cunning and if they think they can get a chook they will get one.
My friend wants chooks in her garden but its suburbia and there are foxes, so i keep trying to put her off.
Poor wee souls.
Get some more, and reinforce your coop - bed the wire way down into the ground and put two lots of wire around it of different sizes and over the top - make it hard for Mr Fox.
princess

Our village has foxes and they take the kittens if they are not watched, thankfully my cat stays in.
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics