[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Amitriptyline and Sweating

Amitriptyline and Sweating

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Amitriptyline and Sweating

Postby lynnec » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Hi Everyone

I've been on 10mg Ami for six weeks now and hadn't noticed any real benefit in sleep or pain relief.

I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday and he suggested I up my dose to 30mg. The problem is I'm finding excessive sweating a real issue and today has just been a nightmare. I also take Dixarit to relieve menopausal hot flushes and this was working fine until I started the Ami.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Lots of Love
Lynne
lynnec
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi Lynne

I take amitryptolene 30 mg(sorry about spelling) and suffer with excessive sweating, even more so in this weather we are having. I thought it was just the extra heat but now you have said that you have found it to be worse on your dose I think it is something to do with the medication. I also take HRT Femitrex 80mg and have been on this for 15 years and htey keep saying to carry on with it. I had a hysterectomy when I was 32 and my overies removed 10 years ago when my sister died with cancer.

Anyway yes I do sweat excessivly and I am going to see my Rheumy in 2 weeks so I might ask him about it.

Speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby andicg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone
I too have been on ami 75mg since diagnosis in January or was it February I can't remember.... I too take HRT which is Climival 2mg but during this hot weather and I have really sweated just like going through the menopause again, although I had my hysterectomy when I was 37 I had to wait to go onto my HRT tablets so I had all the symptoms of the flushes etc.... :oops: :wink:
I was even sweating on the back of my neck and the top of my back besides the top lip, I just thought it was the extreme weather we were having...maybe not eh!!
Will you keep us informed as to what your rheumy says please.
Thanks
Andi :) [/quote]
andicg
UKFM Member

Postby flowersk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Yes please; keep me informed, too. I had no ifdea that the excessivesweating was linked to the trips.
Cheers Kath
flowersk
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics