[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I maybe new !!!!

I maybe new !!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I maybe new !!!!

Postby joyaura » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi all

I long ago posted on here so not sure if I am an oldie or a newbie :D Hey hello anyway and can I join you ?
I have had FMS for about 15yrs. I live in Romford Essex . I have been reading the posts and some ring lots of bells in my ears . Mine like mosts is a long story. I was at first refereed to Prof. Findley at Oldchurch after MS had been suggested at Harold Wood Hospital . He delighted me by giving me the all clear on MS but told me, at the same time, in his opinion I had something drastically wrong with my Auto Immune System and I was to ill to work . I took a year of test etc to be diagnosed with Fibro. I had been telling peeps for about 6yrs how ill I felt. I will love him forever :)
8yrs on I have been medically retired from the NHS for 3yrs and feel the best I have in 15years.

That's a very brief version of my Fibro path .
There seems to be a few folks on here from around this area do any of you meet up? I know the nearest support group is at Medway.

Thanks for reading

With love Joy
You only get one first chance to met someone - smile and say hello
joyaura
UKFM Member

Postby lynnec » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:48 pm

Hi Joy

Welcome, I'm new too.

Interesting that you worked for the NHS. I too am an employee. The stress of my job is partly to blame for how I arrived here! I'm still waiting to hear what they are going to do with me though!
Lots of Love
Lynne
lynnec
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:52 pm

Well how spooky is that? Hello fellow fibromite....I too live in Romford...also treated at Oldchurch for various bits and pieces and.....was a nurse there too! Mind you, I've been 'pensioned off', (without the pension lol), but that was 30 years ago!

Glad to see that you're so happy about being out of the NHS from the working side of it natch, assuming you're still a patient under it? lol

Hope you're really enjoying your retirement. And let's hope that you're awake long enough to appreciate it :P

Gentle huggles
Hippychick
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby netty39 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi joy welcome to the site :lol: netty
netty39
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics