[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Canada bans Chronic Fatiguers from giving blood

Canada bans Chronic Fatiguers from giving blood

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Canada bans Chronic Fatiguers from giving blood

Postby CathieCwtch » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I know some of you like myself also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I thought you should read this- I just found it on the internet!
http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2775293
CathieCwtch
UKFM Newbie

Re: Canada bans Chronic Fatiguers from giving blood

Postby Min » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

In the Uk we have been 'discouraged' from giving blood for years but not banned. makes you wonder just how long XMRV has been known about and covered up.

The rushed UK XMRV studies seem to have been deliberately engineered not to find it, by using the Oxford criteria to select patients with vague fatigue instead of using the Canadian criteria to select patients with neurological ME as the WPI did, and by using different lab techniques to the WPI.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby wanda » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Yes this worries me very much
First of all tried to get round the all in your head stuff and doc saying go get hypnotised. Ive posted this before. Now i take good days as great and bad days as struggling. As i do get up and go to work and have 5 year old. Knowone esle is going to do anything for me so I as always do it myself. Not much different from life before except i hurt more and am tired more a long with sleep, ibs etc etc.

Now regarding this post I have read about this virus ages ago from a US site (will try and find and re post link). Do i have to get my head round now that we all have to get tested for this retro virus. Retro virus and lifestyle that goes with it is horrendous as in HIV/Aids. Is this a true link or not.

Can anyone help, i am worrying myself daft. Should i get a test for this

wanda
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 pm

I offered blood in Scotland, but they said no as i have ME/Fibro
Their reason was i medicate too much.
So i thought well thats ok i wouldnt want to give it to anyone else.
But i think its more the meds than the illness of that helps
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Min » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby wanda » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes it is true. It is being denied in this country but over half the UK M.E. sufferers tested by the American Whittmore Peterson Institute are testing positive for it. You will have to wait for a test to be developed in the UK, and then pay for it.

Its so strange then that this is not mentioned on the front page of this website. The firbro is caused by XMRV have you had the test done yet. or something like that.
Has this been mentioned on posts before- why has my doctor not mentioned this to me yet either.
Do i make an appointment to discuss this with the docs, is it a new discovery, is it a secret or are people frightened to talk about it.
Why are we not giving drugs to stop this virus.I have read all the articles i can find,
whats going on, is this some sort of cover up-conspirisy thing
wanda
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics