its OK

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

its OK

Postby sarah » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:20 pm

[color=indigo][/color

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your advice regarding my visit to the rheumy. It was Ok. I went today and he was really nice and said that basically he thinks it fibro, my GP thinks its fibro and if I think its fibro then it probably is. So that's an affirmative for fibro then I guess!! :? He also referred me to a physio that runs a fibro group at the hospital so at least I'll get some more advice and maybe meet some more Fmers. I'm so greateful that I've got such a good GP and rheumy. I've read some of your horror stories and it makes me so grateful for what I've got. So if your in the Torbay area, the rheumy's OK!!! :D
sarah
UKFM Member

Postby Iona » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 pm

I was diagnosed very recently on 25th July and mine went ok too. Have had it 7and a half years and nobody worked out what it was until we moved to Gloucester. I am very new at using forums so hope that I have done this right! I expect that like most people the recent heat has pole axed me. Any cheerful reply would be appreciated. Just for the record though I have a fab and understanding husband who has supported and believed in me the whole time. He is wonderful. Hard though isnt it when people cant see what is wrong. I hope you have lots of love and support. My Rheumatologist was great too so anyone in the Gloucester area dont worry if you have to go. :)
Iona
UKFM Newbie

Postby sarah » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi Iona,

I'm not great at forums either. This is the first forum I've ever joined. It is useful and encouraging when others are going through the same as you. It makes you feel less isolated. I have a brilliant husband too and doesn't it make a difference when someone you love believes and suports you? I can't imagine what it would be like if my nearest and dearest were at loggerheads with me. My mother is a bit sarcastic sometimes but I've learnt to take her with a pinch of salt. Great talking to you. Speak soon.

Sarah
sarah
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics