New to the forum

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the forum

Postby Cath1980 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:01 pm

Hi,
I'm new to these forums.

My name Catherine and I'm 25. Ive been suffering from FMS for some time but only got diagnosed in May this year.

It's so fab to find a forum like this with other sufferers who understand.

At the moment I work full time which is a real struggle sometimesI've had a partcularly bad 2 weeks and I'm so glad I'm now on holiday for 2 weeks to give me body chance to rest.

I'm struggling with sleep at the moment, I havent slept for the whole week and its really draining esp with the pain on top!!

Anyway nice to be here,look forward to getting tips etc!

Cath xx
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Hello

Postby daren » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Hello Cath

Welcome to Fibroland, i too have only just joined the site, are you under any medication for your sleep? what has you doctor said about you not sleeping, speak to you soon take care

Daren
daren
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi Cath,

Welcome to the site. Hope you have a relaxing holiday.

Gentle Hugs

Carolyn :D :D :D
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby Cath1980 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:37 pm

Hi Daren,
I'm currently on Amitriptlyne (not sure if thats how to spell it!) but it seemened to be ok at first but I dont feel like its really helping at the moment.

I'm due to go back to the hospital on 20th Sept for my 3 month review.

Cath xxx
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 pm

Hi Cath

Welcome to the Forum hope you find it useful. I found its nice to be able to talk on here for support and advice.

I have been taking amytrip for 3 years now and they are finally taking me off it and putting me on pregabalin, so I am now going to find out what sort of drug this will be , hopefully after what some people have said it may help with the pain etc.

Is your GP helpful, do you see a Rheumy or have you been to the pain clinic in your area? There are quite a few things that these sort of people can help you with, well they at least try to be helpful if you find some nice ones.

Good luck for the 20th and hope you can sort some meds out and hope you had a good sleep yesterday if not a good rest. Its nice to be on holiday but its horrible having to use your holiday so that your body can catch up isn't it? I used to be full time but found that earlier this year I had to drop a day and now I go in late 2 days a week. I find that having 2 mornings off really helps me to get started for the day and helps with the rest of the week. I have been off for the last 3 months due to having an operation and I am going back next week, I am not looking forward to it as I have relly enjoyed the time out even though I have been unwell. I wish I could cut another morning out but like everyone I need the money and can't afford to lose anymore.

Anyway musn't go on you enjoy your rest and speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics