Really struggling right now :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Really struggling right now :(

Postby cala » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm sat here in floods of tears and it jsut seems like it won't ever stop.

Today we had to take one of our pets to be put to sleep after he had a major stroke and while that is why I should be upset I'm not - I sat up all night with him and nursed him through the worst of it as our emergency vet is totally useless and over an hour away :( But I'm crying because I couldnt remember the words to tell the vet what had happened :(

I have been in pain physically for over 10 years and had depression of varying degrees for longer but I have never had such a huge problem with my memory, I woke up in bed 2 nights ago and completely freaked out as I couldnt figure out for the life of me who the man next to me was or where I was :( I even punched my OH in the face because of it :(

Its pushing my depression so much lower and I'm not 100% sure its all fibro related :( Does anyone else ever get the memory problems along the same lines or am I losing it?

Please help :cry:
'Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain'
cala
UKFM Member

Re: Really struggling right now :(

Postby bluecath » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi,
I too have memory problems, sometimes I start a conversation with someone and cannot remember the words I want to say, and have to describe what it is i want to say instead. Also have trouble remembering names, get my children and husbands names mixed up.It is very frustrating, but luckyly, my family and friends are all very supportive. I try to make a joke of it with people. Take Care of yourself x :)
bluecath
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi Cala

I am so sorry to hear about your pet, I lost my dog in November. I suffer from memory problems but not to the extent you are describing, my worst time was last week when I couldnt remember how many children I had :yikes: :yikes: I was thinking Danny, Donna, Lucy and I'm sure there is another one it took me a while to remember my youngest Craig :yikes: he'd be so upset if he knew and it frightened the life out of me :(

My GP reckons it's a combination of FM and my meds, but I think you need to get things checked out for your own peace of mind. If I were you I would get an appointment and amybe ask your OH to go with you so that he can explain how bad things have got and that might lessen the strain on you. You wouldnt have to worry about forgetting words etc. Sorry I cant help anymore but here are some hugs and I hope you are a little better tomorrow :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 pm

So sorry Cala to hear about the loss of your pet, but i agree with denys, if i were you , i would go back to my GP. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby kimmii » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm

thefirst time this happened i couldnt remember what a spoon was and knew then that i had a problem then one day i sat down at work to do something i do all the time and i had no idea where to start or what to do i just burst into tears x my boss is gr8 and i now have an idiot guide for everything although i do forget where it is sometimes i told my gp and got my meds changed from amitryptaline to prothiaden and its still a prob but not as bad x good luck x and keep smiling xxxx :blowkiss:
kimmii
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics