Me, Concrete stairs and an ambulance

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Me, Concrete stairs and an ambulance

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:40 pm

This was my morning.

I got up after a late night and decided to go get myself the paper. This is something normally done by my OH but he was out working till 3am so I thought I would go. I was a bit dizzy when I woke up but had something to drink and felt OK again.
Got myself dressed and started walking out of my flat.

(background info, I am in a first floor flat and have been asking to be moved for 6 months as I pass out quite easily and fall over nothing so the stairs scare me. PLus i get stuck in for months at a time when I am having a flare up. The council have ben dragging their feet all this time and I am only jus having medical assesments to agree I need priority moving on the housing list)

I got down the first flight of 8 and was OK and that is all I remember. I woke up on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

I managed to get my phone and rang my OH who was in bed and he came and got me.
Fast forward a bit and I was taken out of my place on a spinal board in a neck brace in case I had damaged my neck etc.

Luckily (for want of a better word) it looks like I have bruised the bones in my pelvis and right hip.

I feel like I have been running into a brick wall but I didn't break anything so I am OK.
not happy this happened and I will be speaking to someone in the council in the morning.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Re: Me, Concrete stairs and an ambulance

Postby denys » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Oh poor you Elspeth, that had to hurt like mad :( :cry:

Hope they have given you something for the pain you must be in, can you walk or is it bed for you? Hopefully this might help your case with the council and get them to pull their finger out, get better soon big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 pm

I am using my chair and sticks to get around.

Pain releif I am on 10mg Oramorph every 4 hours.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby patches » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi Elsbeth,

So Sorry about your mishap and hopefully the council will do something soon. Maybe a call to your local newspaper may help too.

I made a new post in the living with fibromyalgia section....a good idea...is the subject, and I mentioned you. I hope you didn't mind.
patches
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:58 am

hope you feel better soon :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 am

Sorry to hear you had fallen down the stairs :hugs: the council have got to move on this, hope you feel better soon :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 am

Morning all

Well I thought i was sore yesterday..F**K me NO.

I am dying I swear (clearly I am totally over exaggerating but it feels like it).

My friend who works for the council yesterday rang my liason for me this morning as I am having trouble talking I am so medicated and explained what had happened. From what I heard of the chat the threat of a law suit is worrying them. She has promised my mate she is looking into this ASAP and will see what she can do.

There was a fully adapted house in a town called chippenham which is about 25 mins away from all my family. Doesn't sound much but it means my eldest daughter would have to change schools and start again and I don't want to do that for her. Plus tbh yesterday made me realise how close I feel I need to be to my mum and best mate as they do loads for me.

I feel really bad for pushing the council in all honesty as I know there are lots of other people waiting to be housed as well, but I just am too scared to go out the flat now incase I fall again. I know the chances of it happening are really quite slim but I can't shake the fear. I know I am probably being really daft but I get my stress tremor just thinking about it.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:39 am

Its not daft at all, thought you might be worse today as the bruising will be coming out and stiffness creeping in :yikes: :yikes: yes other people need housing but is their need any greater than yours :?: I dont think so,

you say the chances of it happening again are slim, again I dont think so, you have dizzy spells therefore you never know when this will happen again

Get your mate to keep pushing cos you deserve rehousing just as much as the next person and being brutal their problems arent your worry :evil: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:44 am

aw Elsbeth i bet you are hurting a lot more today :yikes:
can understand how you must feel about the stairs as i have very bad tremors
coming down my own staircase some days my legs are like jelly and have to hold the banister
with both hands and do one step at a time :shock:
it must be very frightening to have concrete stairs
hope they get it sorted for you so you are still near to your family and friends
your daughter also needs to be happy in her own school
all the best :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks guys.

Ashleigh is a major concern for me as she has only just come back to live with me and I worry that if I move too far out of town she will go back to be with her dad and that is where all the trouble starts as he can't help her with the lady stuff right now.

proper ouch going on, am dosed up on morphine so will see how I go. Jake has persuaded me to try and go outside as it is too nice a day to stay indoors. He said he will be right beind me so I think I may try.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Good on you Elspeth, it's so hard to deal with children's needs when you are in so much pain. Good luck with everything and I hope things are sorted quickly :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby KellyBelly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi,

I know I'm new here and don't know anybody - but I read your post and thought you needed a :hugs:

I hope you are feeling a bit better today - I know from experience that oramorph can be horrible stuff too! It takes away (most of) the owies, but it can't half replace the owies with some very odd feelings too!!
:hugs:
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Doesn't matter how new you are, thank you for the kind words.

I thought I was sore yesterday but NOOOO, today is a whole new level apparently.

I have someone from the council coming on Monday. She was proper rude to me on the phone and I can just see it is going to get me nowhere.
She rang me and told me I would need document proof of my conditions..erm HOW? She asked for proof I have a consultant..again HOW? When asked she said well give me any appointment letters you have..you know, the ones you hand in when you go to your appointments!

She also asked for proof of my child benefit and Child Tax credits. Again, something I can't give her because I ams till waiting for them to sort them out. My elder daughter moved in with me in April so I had to claim all her money from her dad. By the time they got round to actually writing to him it was May and I have been told I am going to be waiting till August for the award. They can't give me my Tax Credits till I get her CB and that is what is taking the time.

So I am kinda fecked. I did offer to go to my GP and get a letter regarding my fall and my conditions but she said not to bother, if she needs to do a medical investigaton she will contact my GP for me herself.

This has a bad feeling about it all.
I think I have a letter from my rheumi consultant about my probs for my IB claim, I am planning on digging it out for her if I can find out, but do you think I should print off some info about the exact probs my conditions cause me?
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 pm

yes Elsbeth get as much info together as you can
they are so up there selves some of these so called professionals makes you sick :evil:

you are only asking for what you need :roll:
good luck with it
loubie :hugs:
loubie xx

UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Elspeth hope things start to settle extra pain wise :hugs: I photocopy everything now and have a file available when requested. Prrinting off information sould at least give her a list of your conditions if and when she contacts your GP. If I were you I would get that letter from your GP anyway just incase she decides not to contact them :yikes: then she cant say you couldnt produce the required information :yikes: anyway I hope the council sort themselves out and get you sorted pronto :!: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to General Topics