Me, Concrete stairs and an ambulance

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Me, Concrete stairs and an ambulance

Postby smiler22 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 am

firstly elsbeth im sorry to hear that you had this fall and that you are in the exra pain that you ar ein . not nice bless you......

as for the council they should sort something out for you. i would of thought you hsould be in on eof the top of the list to be moved. i had a friend who was coming down stairs on her bottom and the nurse caughther. they soon got her in a council bungalow. she had alot of other things wrong with her. but they looked after her.

as for the reports etc.... can you say to hear that you havent got any reports as it isnt something you get given but if she needs to contact them can you give her the name tel no of the specilaist. clinic etc . so she can do the ringing up herslef.. she may have to get written consssssent of you so she can do that. but as far s im aware they do that nayway for the dla and incapacity ben,

-for future things elsbeth i always try to phtodopy any appt letters i get. as when i had to put in first claim for dla i sent the letters to them. etc.......
you never know when they are gonna ask to see them....

as for proof of consultant how can we prove it if they keep the letters?????? i guess the only thing you can do is give them the numbers and names.

cold the hospital give you a print out of your visit to casualty with your cant think of the right wording...... but what you went in for. etc.
anyway good luck for now...... try not to stress about it too much.... im sure it will sort itself out eventually with the council.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 am

Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you better soon!

I hope the council does move you urgently before it happens again. Like Denys says you may go out thinking your ok when you suddenly feel dizzy.

I've just learnt to start and photocopy my letters etc even though a lot of mine are made over the phone.

I've just applied for tax credits (wished I knew about them years ago) and neede my child benefit number. Well when I get my letter about increase in April I throw it away. Never neede it before but now having major problems gettin it. I'm ringing the helpline constantly but can't get through. They keep saying someone will answer it shortly but 20 mins later I put phone down, can't hold it in my hand any longer.

You keep pushing elspeth. Can you ring your hospital up askng them to send you a letter with all your app times and name of your consultant.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Smiler22, I have laready given them consent to contact my GP as I have spoken to him yesterday and he said he will fully back my bid to move.
It's just knowing they can take their time requesting the letter that bugs me.

I have spoken to my OT who is sending me a copy of my initial assesment which has in it about the stairs being a hazard.

I have all my proof of DLA, as do they on file in the council as I provided them ages ago. The fact I am in receipt of higher rate should mean I don't have to do any of this so I will see what she says on Monday.

My mate who always has to have us staying with her when I am out and have a bad turn is coming to be with me as well to help me talk to the woman as my memory plays havoc with me. She works for the council as well.

I am about to ring the CAB to see what they say.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Good on you Elspeth, hope you are feeling a little better after the fall :yikes: take care and good luck hope it is all sorted soon, all this hanging around must be driving you nuts :crazy: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 pm

so sorry to hear you;d fallen ,know how that feels but me it was carpeted stairs no wonder you nervous with concrete we had to wait 4 years to get bungalow and we had drs therapist the lot on our case .in the end we did swap and what a nightmare the place was filthy run down paint slapped on top of dirt horrendous doesnt describe the place but 4 years later wouldnt know the place .but has been very hard healthwise expensive etc.do you have homeswapper or exchanges .anyway hope you feel better real soon and you get help you deserve .good luck :hugs:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:12 pm

that sound s better for your elsbeth. hamster could you try and go in to your local tax office and get them to do the forms from there.??????

i know of people who have had to move in to different accoodation with the council and yes in some areas they have to be tidied up first but in many areas they usually have a clean up before hand. as they are not supposed to let them out in a state.we own our house but the ones next door is council and tehy ha someone put in new flooring and also repainted and them did the garden within two weeks of someone moving in . ..
so i guess it is just where you live to how many houses they have and how many staff. etc
like i said good luck and i hope it all goes well on monday. xx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Elsbeth » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 pm

They spoke about a bungalow but because I have 2 kids one just wouldn't be big enough as the maximum size is 2 bed that they have and they don't have many of them either.
A house will be fine as my OT said she will put a stair lift in for me.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby Dawnie Marks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi, Gosh I have just been reading this and its awful for you. How are you feeling now???? Can you do a letter to your local Councellor. Maybe shouting in another direction may do something. I think it is so crazy that if we have MS and you tell someone, they immedicately understand and other illnesses but Fibro goes nowhere at times. The more awareness that happens in this country, the more people will hopefully get the help they need.

I do hope this all gets sorted for you soon. The stress alone will be making you bad.

:hugs:

Dawn x
Dawnie Marks
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am

I did try and contact my local cllr but he opted to ignore me.

I have my meeting this afternoon with the woman from the council so I will let you know how it goes.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Good luck Elspeth thinking of you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Well, she has just gone and I thought I would update you.

I am being moved up into Band A on medical grounds. Normally this is just homeless but they said I fit the criteria for the banding so a moe shouldn't be too far off.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm

:clap: thats great news ,big relief for you all ,hope you feeling alot better :hugs:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Fantastic news Elspeth and noting more than you deserve, I hope they find somewhere really nice for you and your family that suits all you needs :blowkiss: :woot: :woot:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:29 pm

tha is great news elsbeth. brillant well odne to you an d your family.

do they have any of thos bungalow chalets that have an upstairs part. for the kids. they hav esome this end of country. but either way you get a house or bungalow is great news for you. xxxxxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 pm

sorry to read you had a fall.
Hope you are feeling better now.
Glad the council are going to move you. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics