hear me!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hear me!!!

Postby cate » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi all, after 10 years of tests and alot of pain and suffering i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 9 months ago. i feel so alone with it. today i haven't gone to work as my stomach looks as if i am nine months pregnant...my body is killing me. i have now reduced my hours to parttime work after having really bad bouts of fibro - were i cudnt walk, and taking so much time off and now im stressed and worried as i am in debt with a huge reduction in my wages. I live alone and although my friends and family know i have this illness there is no understanding. As when i do see them im looking normal. I try and carry on day after day, i am scared of becoming disabled. my body is telling me i need to buy a walking stick for support but im feeling if i do that i am given up... i cant stop cryin. I dont excercise no more as im so scared i will hurt myself and be house bound alone. Some days its exhausting to think. I did go to a support group in my area but it scared me as to how some of them were in wheel chairs - i never went back... i was scared i could end up that way. Today i feel i have to accept what is happining to me and surrender - look after myself appropriately! I am on a lot of medication but sometimes i feel it does nothing. Im sick of feeling so low and alone.

Today i need to tidy up and go for the shopping as i have students staying for 2 weeks... i know, madness. Im doing it for the money but im feeling now i think this may be the last time i take them on but i do enjoy their company and i always have so far found the energy. i think because i only have had them stay in the summer and my body in the summer is usually not in so much pain, but today it is... but the weather has turned cold over these last few days.

Thats enough moaning i feel... i just need someone to relate too. Im not normally so negative honest (well not when im with people) im a nice girl really. Its just that ive been holding a lot in, all my anger regarding the fibro, its the first time ive been on this site or any other fibro site. Would anyone like to be my fibro friend? please reply.. u can also moan at me, tell me how u feel and how it is for u too.

Bless u all cate
cate
UKFM Member

Re: hear me!!!

Postby budda » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Cate, :welcome: to the forum, sorry you are feel down, :hugs: you will never be alone on here, getting a walking stick does not mean you are giving in, it mean you are trying to get on with it no matter what it takes, not everone needs a wheelchair, everyone is different, and you can moan as much as you want, thats what we are here for the bad times, and good, I would love for you to be my fibro friend, and am sure there will be plenty more. :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby tazzajay 1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm

:wave: Im newly diagnosed too,just got myself a walking stick and have found its a great help on the odd times i do venture out.You can get some really funky ones now too.This site is great for advice and help and was recomended to me by my Dr. :D
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Cate, I'm sorry you are feeling so low, try printing out some of the information from the site and give it to family and friends so that they have no excuse. Some people will never understand and that is their problem not yours, everyone on here will be your friend, we try to support and comfort each other as budda says through good and bad times.

Moan away no-one minds as we all have moments like that. You could maybe go back to see your GP as it would seem your meds aren't working and may need tweaking, explain to the student that you have a chronic pain condition and may not at times be as hands on as you would like and that you may need to rest up quite a lot.

Using aids to enable you to carry on living your life is certainly not giving in even though it may feel that way to begin with, it's making the best of a bad situation, if you broke your leg, you wouldn't refuse a crutch to help you get round :!: so dont write of the aids that could make your life a little easier. Also sometimes when family and friends see a walking stick it can give them something tangible to focus on and they may be a little more sympathetic, not the main reason to use one I know but maybe a secondary one :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 am

hi all, thank you so much for your reply's they have helped cheer me up. i am feeling much better today. I did get a walking stick but found that the pains in my wrists hurt so much, i may have to think of another solution. I am not always in need of it anyways.

It has not been as difficult as i had anticipated with the students staying,so far, they are lovely girls, plus its nice to have the company. I have been resting up a lot these last few days too, so feel less exhausted than the other day.But i feel this will be the last time i am able to do this, as i imagine i will be exhausted by the time they leave in 10 days time, but thats ok.

I will read all the info that this site has advertised, knowing it well help me now and in the future. Its nice to know i have someone to talk with on this forum, as feeling alone with my symptoms is sometimes daunting.

anyways i will sign off for now but thanks again for the support, my new fibro friends xx
cate
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Glad you are feeling a little better Cate, look forward to hearing from you again, remember we are always here eventually :lol: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics