[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - FINALLY.. some good news

FINALLY.. some good news

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FINALLY.. some good news

Postby Elsbeth » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 am

Hey all

I thought I would give you all a small update on the money/housing issues we have been having.

They sorted all my benefits out for my daughter now so we have money coming in again finally.

I also have won a small battle with my council RE my housing problem.
As some of you know I fell down concrete stairs a few weeks back and hurt myself quite badly. I begged the council to move me as I am on the first floor with no lift. They agreed to move me but said I could bid on adapted houses only. I argued big time about it as I think asking me to wait for months after a fall like that was a bit harsh.
I got a call yesterday saying that my amazing OT had rung them and said thats he wasn't happy that I had been told to do this and that if they allowed me to bid on another home without adaptions she will asses it and decide if the needed adaptions can be fitted, so they have agreed.

I can bid on anything and will be in line for getting it as long as my OT agrees that she can adapt it as required. So I may be moving much much sooner.!

Oh and finally.. my baby girl is 2 today. I can't believe she is this age already. I remember being sat on my bed in the hospital waiting to go down for my c-section. She makes all this crap happening to me so much more worthwhile!
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Re: FINALLY.. some good news

Postby denys » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:44 am

Hi Elspeth, thats brilliant news and happy birthday to your baby girl :cake: :woot: :woot: have a brilliant day with her and congratulations :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 am

:woot: great news elsbeth, so happy for you, and i would like to say :cake: to your baby girl, good luck getting your new home, and these are for you :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 am

Hi

Thats fantastic news, on your Daughters birthday too! :clap: :clap:

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby samew » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Great news.. wishing you all the best for the future... Happy Birthday 2 u :)
samew
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:10 am

Thats great news :flowers:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Thats great news, hope you find a home soon.
Hope you are feeling better after your fall. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Not doing too bad now, am off my sticks. Not taking much to land me back on them though.

They have reviewed my bidding rights as well, I am now able to bid on unadapted properties but I will only be given the house as long as my OT says that it will be suitable for a stair lift.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby piglet_mini » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 pm

:cake: To your daughter (my daughter was 2 last month - only seems like yesterday she was born!!)

FANTASTIC news re house, hope you find one soon that the OT agrees with.
Its so nice to read some positive news (especially when i'm having a bad day)

:hugs:
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics