[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Weather

The Weather

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Weather

Postby Denyse » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:30 am

I'm newly diagnosed and still learning about Fibro and would like your comments on an observation of mine.....

I had a very very bad day yesterday - the pain was so bad and the tiredness was awful, couldn't do much but rest which was a pity as it was a lovely sunny day.

Today I'm not suffering so much pain or tiredness and its a horrible grey rainy day, is this just a co-incidence?

Den
Denyse
UKFM Member

Postby Denyse » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:26 pm

:cry: No replies for me? :cry:
Den
Denyse
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi Denyse,

Welcome to the Forum. Yes the weather affects me as well especially on hot humid days, I am fit for nothing. I find I can function better on cooler days if I am feeling ok if you understand what I mean.

How long have you had Fibro?, I know you mentioned that you are newly diagnosed but sometimes you can have it for years before being diagnosed.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Gentle Hugs

Carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby AndreaC » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:55 am

HI,

Weather effects me too... its really rather nippy this morning and I because of that I am stiff around the neck and shoulders and have a huge headache...

On hot or humid days its my legs and feet that suffer the most..

Gets you coming and going doesn't it? ;)

Take care

A
I usually try to take things one day at a time, but lately several days have ganged up and attacked me at once ;)
AndreaC
UKFM Member

Postby Denyse » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:52 am

Hi Andrea,

I seem to be a little better if its rainy - just seemed a little odd to me.

:roll:
Den
Denyse
UKFM Member

Postby joyaura » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:03 am

Hi Denyse

Yes the weather affects me too I am better when it is warm and dry , the last two days I have been in lots of pain ,stiff and feel like I am in a cold fish bowl . The weather here has been very wet and humid.
Astrad was the first place I ever went to in Wales . When I was 16 we got a coach from London to Ystrad and was picked up by my husbands uncle to take us to his home in Bargoed.

Does anyone have a problem with speed. Once we reach 60mph I can really feel the pressure on my body most uncomftable.

Have a good day all

Joy x x
You only get one first chance to met someone - smile and say hello
joyaura
UKFM Member

Postby Denyse » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 pm

Den
Denyse
UKFM Member

Postby joyaura » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 am

Hi Den

I am so pleased you feel it too ( not that I want anybody to. I wish you didnt ) I was thinking it is all in my head. Rounabouts are a killer I have been reduced to tears when there are a lot on the road . My husband had a sporty car , I had to stop going in it lucky he understood and poor soul sold it for much more comfortable car .

Hugs Joy x x
You only get one first chance to met someone - smile and say hello
joyaura
UKFM Member

Postby Denyse » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:54 pm

Hi Joy,

Lucikly my husband understands too so he's pretty considerate. Trouble is he has a Subaru Imprezza so every now and then he just cant help himself! :lol:

Gentle hugs Den xx
Den
Denyse
UKFM Member

Postby lynnec » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:54 pm

My husband is the same Denyse! He has a Toyota Supra so it's a double wammy for me! Getting into the thing is no mean feat as it is so low to the ground! I must look hilarious as I try to manoeuvre myself in and out!

He's very good most of the time though as he knows the whole motion thing is difficult for me. Just going around corners has me feeling sea sick!
Lots of Love
Lynne
lynnec
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:02 am

Hi All

My husband has a Toyota Supra and i hate it. Getting in and out is a nightmare and I find it just uncomfortable. I am glad that others find motion sickness a problem I thought it was me because I didn't like the car.

Getting back to the weather I find the worst time for me is winter. Since it has gone damp my knee joints are so painful I have a job to walk somedays. Any one got any suggestions of what I can do or wear on my legs. I have a little dog that needs a walk now and again but this time of year is hurrendous.

Take care everyone and hope you are all not too bad, speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Weather and Fibro

Postby CarolH » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am

Hi every day is different with fibro for me, i have had it ten years and keep thinking I have had it all but it never fails to surprise me with yet another sympton or pain. However I do find the weather helps when it is warm or hot but like yourself the cold weather does not help me at all. All you can do is take one day at a time and if you need to rest try not to let it worry you too much and enjoy reading, listening to books on audio, watching tv or just sitting chatting to friends. Take care. Love Carol :D
I am 46 years old and have FM for over 10 years . Winters are worse for me now (Must be age too). Try to keep positive but get upset at limitations FM puts on me and my life.
CarolH
UKFM Member

The Weather

Postby Christine » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:19 am

Hi all,
first post today,oh so relieved to see I am not going mad and I am not alone (sorry for everyone who has it though) with being in pain when I am in the car, the round abouts, exceleration, sudden gear changes and sharp braking,going up steep hills and down again,also get a feeling the car is moving when it isn't, wow yes killers......I am not alone.Getting in and out, not to much of a prob, got an Xtrail, so high off the ground...but we live out in the wilds on the side of a mountain along a dirt track, so lumpy and bumpy to get to main roadand then back home, road to paradise is paved with the stones (or thats what I keep telling myself haha) but this also results in at least 3/4 hours drive to get anywhere, so journeys are hell, and when I get out, or rather slip out, I am all over the place, can't walk or feel stable for ages, then have to face the journey home.......needless to say I wouldn't change my home location cause the same would affect me in a city but at least here if I am confind to home or bed the views are spectacular. thinking about you all and hoping you all have a painfree day,
Christine xx
Christine
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics