[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - holiday

holiday

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

holiday

Postby tweenyb » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am

Hiya

Its lovely and sunny here in dorset (actually its cold and wet) so i am thinking of holidays, need a break from the norm and feeling a bit confused. Holiday websites and travel agents arent overly helpful when it comes to disabilities so im asking you for your help by telling me your experiences and give me a little review of your holidays with fibro.

okay so my fibromyalgia has left me with pins and needles and numbness in lower leg and feet so stairs and steps are a no no.

Im looking for a great holiday that has good entertainment and is disabled friendly (ideally adults only)
have you found any good places to go on holiday? please let me know

hope you are all having a "good day" and getting your rest (im off for mine now but will be back online later)
have a good morning xx
tweenyb
UKFM Newbie

Re: holiday

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi
You did not say whether you were going on a uk holiday or abroad.?

Most uk hotels do cater for disabilities now.
Here is a link for a book that gives you ideas on days out, it might also help you to decide on a place to stay.
The book is free to blue badge holders.

http://www.accessibleguide.co.uk/

Hope this helps.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby piglet_mini » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm

The link is really useful thanks for sharing it, we too are currently looking for a UK holiday/short break quiet, seaside location, good for children, good disabled access & accommodation. Finding most big holiday parks such as Haven & Pontins only have 1 or 2 converted / wheelchair friendly accomodation and they fully booked til end of the season!! Grrrr! We cant afford a holiday cottage and most dont do short breaks (fri-mon) :hugs:
Hope you continued to have a good day tweenyb
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks for the link Shaz really useful as piglet says :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SarahP » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Mexico. Marina El Cid Beach and Spa Resort.

We went in April and although I wasn't too bad I couldn't help but notice that disabled access was at premium. Staff are of course wonderful and although it's expensive, I would go again. For someone like me who prefers to explore, saying I'll go again somewhere is a new thing!

Hope you find somewhere delightful :)
SarahP
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi, if you dont hear from me for a couple of weeks, its because my OH is taking me off to the sun on holiday, we are leaving on Friday, I will miss you all, so all take good care of yourselfs :grouphug: :blowkiss: .
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:33 pm

have a lovely time budda :hugs:

we are going away too but only thurs to monday lol

have a fab time :wave:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Loubie we will, you enjoy your holiday too, take care :grouphug:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Quackers » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

What a really good link. It will be at least well into next year before we can even think about a holiday. Once my daughter's wedding is past :D
We might even end up moving to Scotland early next year. Fingers crossed all. Need to be beside my family.
But this link is safely tucked away in my favourites for future reference

I hope you have a great time Budda :D
And to you too Loubie :D

Piglet, just a thought, we all hired a cottage a couple of times in the Lake District. When we all clubbed together it really was not that much and it was so lovely having the family altogether even although it was for just a very long weekend :D
We ate what and when we wanted. Plenty of helping hands to do the cooking, shopping etc and Alan could truly relax for a change. :D
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Have a brill Holiday Loubie & Budda. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks everyone, take care and be good :grouphug:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics