[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm really scared! But got to do it

I'm really scared! But got to do it

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I'm really scared! But got to do it

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:35 pm

sorry just tried and tried to upload a photo - can anyone help.
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi Lorraine, when you post a reply, if you go to just under the post there is a couple of tabs options and next to it upload attachment click on that one and click on browse pick the picture file on your computer and take it from there, hope this helps :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi

Thanks Denys.

I think i tried that but it failed

I've been away for a few days so ill have another look tomorrow when i'm not so tired.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 pm

sullivan.jpg
sullivan.jpg (118.24 KiB) Viewed 706 times
sully.jpg
sully.jpg (110.93 KiB) Viewed 703 times

I hope this has worked this time. Had to find another photo because it kept saying file too big.

He his home now and weights 4lb 60z so lost a bit.
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 pm

He is beautiful Lorraine you must be a very proud auntie, what a little cutie :clap: :flowers: :welcome: baby boy :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 pm

He his, just cant wait to hold him now.

I was not allowed while he was in hospital the times i went. Was going to go on Sunday but my arm was too painful to drive and i knew i wouldnt be able to hold him because of my bruising so didnt go.

The only thing now its been two weeks since i've drove and im getting nervous again but i know i can do it so i'm going. just waiting for my sister to text me back what day.

Cant stop looking at baby shops

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Looking is OK, it's the buying thats the problem :yikes: :yikes: You'll be fine driving now cos you get to have a cuddle at the end of it, good luck and enjoy him :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Quackers » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Aw. he is beautiful :D
I have suddenly come over all clucky :oops:
I wouldn't worry about the small weight loss, they do tend to do that just after they are born.
What a beautiful wee boy. I always have a wee tear in my eye when I see newborn babies. They are just such little miracles.
Ooh I feel all warm and snuggly now :D

Thankyou very much for sharing these precious photos with us :D
It has sure put a smile on my face :D

You must let us know what you buy him and I just know that the thought of hoding that precious little bundle will be enough to give the confidence to drive. Mind and give him a :grouphug: from all his adopted aunties on here :D
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi

Going to try and drive down tomorrow and hopefully get my first cuddle.

What have i bought him! - well i got him a lovely moses basket and stand, 6 baby grows, bibs, dog and giraffe rattles, nappies, wipes.

Wasnt going to get him any clothes because she's had a lot passed down and he was going to be a big baby so she didnt buy any newborn clothes. Well she needed some so i got some.

The thing is she is hugely in debt, no money apart from maternity pay. Partner not working, he's at uni only got a year to do then he's finished so silly to pack it up now. Just dont know how they are going to survive. Looked into getting any benefits but been told no because she has a job she doesnt qualify for any help. Yet if she left her partner and was a single mum she's get lots of help.

we manage on my husbands wage so i've been buying her some essentials but i cant keep on doing it. She's 14 years younger than me (she was an accident) but i mother her and hate the fact that i can afford little treats and she's struggling to survive.

Cant wait till tomorrow, just hope i sleep so i'm not tired. The only thing is i'm allergic to cats and she's got one so dont know how long i will be able to stay.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 pm

What a lovely auntie and sister you are Lorraine :hugs: I hope you manage to go tomorrow and get that cuddle :grouphug:

It's an absolute bummer for them not being entitled to anything, yet another example of the system failing those that are trying their best to do everything right :(

If I had any baby stuff left, I would have gladly got it all together for her and somehow got it over to you to take to her. Unfortunately, as DS is 14, I passed it all on many years ago. And I don't know of anyone that might have anything either.

Might it be worth looking at local freecycle groups to see if there is any baby stuff on there. We're members of our local group and the group covering where OH's parents live, and there are quite often people listing toys, car seats, prams, cots, reusable nappies etc etc. I also used to pick up lovely baby clothes in the local charity shops for a fraction of the cost of buying them new. For the toiletries I used to get the budget range of stuff, partly due to price, but mainly because DS had very sensitive skin and the cheaper brands had ( and still might do) a lot less of the stuff in that irritated him.

Sending you lots of motorway conquering vibes again :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 pm

good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!

give him a big cuddle from us all :grouphug:
he is so so cute :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 am

Hi lorraine, hope you've slept and get to have a long cuddle before the sneezes start :yikes: If your sisters OH is at uni has he applied for help through student finance :?: :?: only asking as married students with families are entitled to extras to help support their families, if they havent done so it might be worth a try :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 am

Hi

Wide awake - counting sheep but it's not working. Gp gave me ami just to take for when I want to sleep. Meant to take it at 7 but forgot and then it was too late. If I take it after 7 I'm very groggy in morning. I've set my phone everyday to go off at 7pm just in case.

Thanks Fluppypuffy. she's had her big items bought for her from myself and both parents, and now I've got 4 bags off cloths 0 to 9 months to take down. It's just the general costs of milk and nappies and general living costs she's not got enough money for. She's 28 and worked since she was 15, even when she was at uni, paid tax but she gets nothing back for paying into the system.

Denys - I will mention it to them and they will prob look into it.

Thanks Quakers and loubie - words of encouragement is what I need

Right I'm going to go and count sheep again and hopefully it'll be around 8 next time I look at the clock

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm

well done hamster. nottingham is an awful place for starters isnt it. when your not used to it. but think of it as a big giant fluufy road that as you travel keeps playing really nice music. i used to drive their to hospital when needed and just put my music on and listened to it. i memorised all the routes i needed and also printed out the route on the aa route planner just in case it had to have differnet route if road works etc. but i found this helped.

the baby boy is gorgeous and well worth the journey isnt he. not just to see your sister. just take your time. concenterate and think of whta you are gonna see the other end. a gorgeous bouncing little boy. well done. xxxxx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Aaawww she is so cute Lorraine. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to General Topics