New photos of Harry

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: New photos of Harry

Postby denys » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Oh he does Lorraine. He makes me get up in a morning :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 am

We have a merle collie lives down the road from us and it's a gorgeous colour on him. Harry Doggy is going to be a very handsome boy :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks Flup I think he is going to be quite a stunner when he's fully grown :lol: , h has these amazing white eyelashes with those big brown eyes and if he continues to improve behaviour wise I'll be very proud of him (not that I'm not now) he's quite the talking point as people stop my lot when they are out with him :lol: How's DeeDee doing today :?: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Her right royal DeeDee-ness is laid in her crate snoring her head off. Took her out this morning for a walk after we'd had the usual grumbles and battle to get her out and harnessed up, all with the "worst treated dog in the world" shakes and face. Not at all happy at having to go out, but completely the opposite when she knew it was time to go home :shock: :? Not at all a typical springer (or any other doglet) but at least every day is fun with her :crazy: :clap: OH took her out the other day, reckoned she'd been in sight all the time, but she'd still found something revolting to roll in, any excuse so she can get in the bath :lol: :tongueout:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:43 pm

hehehe Harry loves going out now he's learnt what a ball is, apparently he's really good at recall so they all let him off his lead and he went paddling in the river the other day, all new experiences for him :!: not to keen on a bath, he's only had one and desperatley needs another :!: :!: Deedee sounds great, a right character :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graduate » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:49 pm

I've had dogs as pets all my life.
But the one that was truly mine came into my life a year after dx and helped get me out of bed and active again.
We lost my luvly springer Buster to a throat tumour that was beyond help and had him put down last summer aged 12. :cry:
I'm certain it was the start of this cycle and things just snowballed this year. :sick:
We've got an 8 yr old terrier 'terrorist' Titan but I've decided I'm just not strong enough to have any more when we lose him.
It was lovely to see the pictures of harry makes me think twice about another, tho i think it will have to be one that needs little exercise
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Its difficult, I told my kids that if we had another they had to look after him (they are all grown up and the boys are away so just the 2 girls) full of promises but I really have to jump on them to make sure he's walked, I cant walk much so no chance of taking a very active hound out :cry: :cry: but Harry is a great companion for such a yong dog, it's as though he knows he cant pull me about much, just wish he'd learn not to get under my feet :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:30 pm

She's my furbaby denys, took 12 years for OH to "realise" how much we did need a doglet and now he wouldn't be without her. She's certainly a little character, just like Harry is. She picked us and we're definitely the right ones for each other. OH is wrapped around her paddy paw and she knows who really in charge :lol:

Graduate wrote:But the one that was truly mine came into my life a year after dx and helped get me out of bed and active again.
We lost my luvly springer Buster to a throat tumour that was beyond help and had him put down last summer aged 12. :cry:

Sorry to hear about Buster going to Rainbow Bridge, now he's running free in the sun well and healthy :hugs: Titan sounds like he could be lots of fun :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Graduate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:52 am

Hi fluppy puppy
I just luv springers they are so busy and curious

You're right titan certainly keeps us busy, he loves to play hide and seek and loves to play with all the babies, although it took a lot of work to calm him down initially

He has a lot to do to fill busters boots, but he is realy a lovely companoion, not like buster in that he'll go out with anybody. With buster it had to be me or no one and if it rained he'd turn tail and go home, if he'd had enough of his walk towards the end he'd turn round and go home, dumped me in the middle of the park several times

I always worry about exercise for my dogs so if i get any more it will have to be a little one, quite a come down for a girl who grew up around alsations

Only time will tell, got a lot going on this year plenty of time for all that
Looking forward to getting to know you all
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Us too Karen there's lots of newbies on the site so we're going to have a fab time getting to know everyone. On positive and fun there is a cafe call in for drinks and treats it's a lovely happy place to be and you never know what is going to happen in there :yikes: :yikes: :oops:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to General Topics