[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi, I'm Karen, you can call me kaz, I'm just turning the corner after an horrendous year and 12 years of denail over my condition. I'm still quite unstable and as a result still pretty much house bound, so my only contact is via the lappy. I'm on facebook and if you want to find me look for karen smith and the woman playing backgammon, currently my only escape as my crafting hobbies have left me with a sever case of carpal tunnel syndrome
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Re: i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

Postby loubie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 pm

hi :wave:
:welcome: :welcome:
good to have you with us
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tazzajay 1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 pm

:flowers: Im on Fb too,Terena Julie.Spend a lot of time on there due to Fibro keeping me on sofa :(
I love playing Scrabble and other word & card games.Also a Mafia Wars addict.Often FB is my only contact with friends and family too.~
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:42 pm

hi guys its so cool 2 be able to chat, ha ha i can see this being the best fun in ages it is definitely better for me than [chocolate] (gives me migraines) :wave:
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:48 pm

:( Couldn't find you on FB,over 500 of same name.
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Karen I've moved you out of where to say hello as you had already posted in there and people would be thinking you were 2 people :yikes: :yikes: put you in here where hopefully you will get more hits. :lol: Have you looked for a support group near you :?: on the front page you will find a link to a list of support groups and telephone numbers.

Maybe a meeting once a month or so will get you out and about meeting people who understand how you are feeling :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 pm

thanx, i only found this site this week and it's quite confusing although i'm sure i'll quickly get the hang of it, I looked at the support groups but they all appear to be in South Wales and I'm in Mid Wales, in Newtown actually. I don''t know anybody else with fm and i've finally collapsed after 12 years denial and 'getting on with it' :needhug: I'm going through a phase of acceptance and am in desperate need to be in touch with others like me, not whinging, thanx for your :welcome: and I look foward to more positive days
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:58 pm

snap couldn't find terena julie either it's a pain isn't it? :banghead:
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:35 pm

pm your email address to each other and you will find each other on fb then :D :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I haven't even thought of that, thanx
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 pm

hi graduate :wave: :wave:
not too far from u im near meifod
dont get out much myself still trying to get my head round all this
fm/me.dont know anyone else in area whith same
anyway a very big :welcome: :welcome: to this fab site
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 am

Hello Karen. :welcome:
You will soon make friends on here, we are all friendly and very supportive. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Karen :welcome: glad you have come to join us :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby wuu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:49 pm

hi im wendy from taunton and had this illness five years nut it has made me house bound and lack of cofidence to go out and the pain is constant so it like traps you with no one knowing what you go through each day to just get out of bed , im a single mum and she is 12 years old and glad she keeps busy with her friends and school . my only company is the three cats and a chahuahua and facebook if im up to going on it for bout 10 minites each day. is there any one out there that lives near by and really understands how much pain fibro is and takes a bit at a time of you every day i try to be positive but the pains does get you depressed and lack of sleep amd the drugs leave you foggy . is there life with fibro cos i aint found it yet ;ooking farward to find life out there lol thanks for reading love wendy
wuu
UKFM Newbie

Postby cassey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi karen im also new to this. Newly diognosed. Wanted to say hi . Never feel alone we are ere. God bless cassey :welcome:
cassey
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics