i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: i need contact with others I feel isolated in my home

Postby libby63 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 am

Hi Karen, I too am a newbie, I understand what you say about feeling Isolated as I do too. I suffer also with CTS it is a problem for me too. My back, hips, knees and ankles is where I get the majority of my pain. I tried looking for you on facebook but there are so many Karen Smiths it probabley easier if you look for me Lizzy Kirby and its a picture of me sitting on a beach.

:welcome: :hugs: :flowers:

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:03 pm

libby63 wrote:Hi Karen, I too am a newbie, I understand what you say about feeling Isolated as I do too. I suffer also with CTS it is a problem for me too. My back, hips, knees and ankles is where I get the majority of my pain. I tried looking for you on facebook but there are so many Karen Smiths it probabley easier if you look for me Lizzy Kirby and its a picture of me sitting on a beach.

:welcome: :hugs: :flowers:

Liz

If you are having problems finding each other on FB, PM each others e-mail . :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Poohbear123 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm

HI Karen, :wave:

I'm a newbie too. Would you mind if I pm you with my email address and we can talk on facebook too?

xxxxx Pooh Bear
Poohbear123
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:13 pm

same here if anyone wants to pm there email for facebook,thats ok with me.

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby cassey » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 am

Hi karen. This is to cheer u up. Sitting at my window the world go by.day by . Day.i just sit and cry .wind in the trees. Snow in the, air. I really think people dont care. Uv made some new friends who are here every day .who will listen to u. And even sit and pray. Ure no longer alone. We are here for you. As long as u need us. Well be honest and true.
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 am

Hi Wendy :xmaswave1: Yes there is life with Fibro, you will learn how to deal with it, what you cant do and what you can, it will take time but you will learn. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby redana » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi, i'm Andrea. I am also looking for new friends on facebook etc.
I am finding it really frustrating as i don't go out very often due to the fatigue and pain, different each day. I can't plan anything because it depends if i have slept the night before and how i feel the day after. I used to work full time, but went part time due to fatigue and fog brain and be very active, but this year i can't cycle, dance, hiking, over swimming to due shear exhaustion and muscle pain. I try and do a little stretching and i have gym ball but anything else apart from slow walking exhausts me. I am on Amytryptline and Zopiclone sleeping tablets and still not sleeping any better. Been on sleeping tablets for over a year, you are only supposed to take them for 2 weeks at a time.
I gave my mum some literature to read up on for Fibromyalgia, and she is slowly trying to understand. I live with my 19 year old son who doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand.
I would like to meet someone but with Fibromyalgia, would there be guys out there who would be understanding and patient!
Andrea
redana
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Andrea :hugs: :hugs: i understand how it feels for your kids not to understand what you are going through mine were exactly the same to start off with but they have been researching it online and are great now! Feel free to add me on facebook you will find me by searching for Carol Adamson xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi
Its hard to get your head around, especially when you have lived such an active life, like you i was always on the go, its so hard to learn how to pace your body when your not used to sitting down, your whole life changes, but in time you will get there, just keep that in your mind.
Just try doing one simple thing if you have the energy and then sit down again to recharge the batteries, some days i just dont have the energy to do anything but i do try to push myself.

Try to take it day by day and learn all you can about how fibro will/can change your body. What meds you can try to help control the pain. You might find you become sensitive to meds due to the side effects.

You will soon make friends on here who will help and support you.
We have a thread on facebook in the members only posting, if you put a post on that then others can send you there details.

Look forward to chatting. :hugs: Any questions just ask. :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Andrea :welcome: to the forum glad your mum is trying to understand even if your son isn't, I think kids find it difficult to accept there is anything wrong and so close there minds to it. have a look around the site and if you need help with anything just ask :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to General Topics